Strack & Billerbeck please....

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:18 PM

DMB:

I hope the sheep page goes away so we can see what George is discussing.

Denise, sometimes you lose me—"sheep page"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:20 PM

Sorry George .... when you go to the Logos page, the example jpg images are missing. Each one leads to 'Are you lost?' with a sheep.

I think your question is good; I'd probably buy both just to get 1 early maybe.

EDIT: OK .... the sheep went back to pasture. Looking at the jpgs the german looks to be pretty dense (for dense me). Some of the sections in vol 3 are very usable without english.  I guess it would depend on the price of 'both'.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:20 PM

David J. Wilson:

Now might be a good time to add a German Dictionary/Lexicon integrated with Logos..... Confused

Hear, hear !  Yes  Yes Two thumbs up !

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:29 PM

DMB:

Sorry George .... when you go to the Logos page, the example jpg images are missing. Each one leads to 'Are you lost?' with a sheep.

I think your question is good; I'd probably buy both just to get 1 early maybe.

Thanks for the clarification.  Sometimes my jokes are a bit obtuse as well.  Example:  Saying "goodbye"—"Ethiopia" which is the modern name for "Abysinnia" which sounds like "I'll be seeing you."

george
gfsomsel

Posts 855
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:09 PM

Pages are fixed ... sorry to lead you astray!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:38 PM

Thank you Ben!  And feel free to sign up to the pre-pub. We need some serous 'help' on this one.

Posts 2236
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:45 PM

DMB:
We need some serous 'help' on this one.

Agreed

I'm in but I'm also really hoping ppl would see the need for Lewis and Short's

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:35 AM

Hmmm .... looks like Beloved's having more luck with Lewis/Short then us Billerbeck'ers.

But for those continuing to wonder 'Strack'?? ('Strack while the iron's hot!' as they say on the Angelina in east Texas), today I started out in N.T.Wright's 'Resurrection of the Son of God' (which is on sale right now).  

Wright was loquaciously wound up on 'Hades' so I had to 'check him out' doing a Logos search on 'gates NEAR Hades'. That led me to 3 Maccabees 5.51. Which in turn sounded a whole lot like Luke 16:23 (Eliezar vs the rich man).

That in turn led to the next question 'angels picking people up' with no apparent death, which Fitzmyer does track to the Testaments of Asher (in addition to Wright's Roman/greek trail).

But significantly Fitzmyer points to Strack and Billerbeck 2.223-225 as to when the concept first shows up in the jewish writings. 

All of this train of curiousity occurred in a 3-5 minute period, but the trail 'went cold' at 'Str-B' as they say.

Need 'Str-B'!

PS'y: Logos is really unbelievable how fast you can move down rabbit-trails.  In the 'old days' I'd just continue in Wright.

Posts 2856
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 7:10 AM

[quote user="George Somsel"] Saying "goodbye"—"Ethiopia" which is the modern name for "Abysinnia" which sounds like "I'll be seeing you.

"[/quote]

Hi George, I speak and read Amharic fluently  (Ethiopian language), but I couldn't understand what you mean, could you please clarify it?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 7:36 AM

Tes ... it was a cute (and good) joke.

If you say 'a .... by ... syn ... i ... a'  very slowly, it sounds like 'I'll be see-ing ya'  (with a reminder of a 1940s song with a similar title).

Posts 2856
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 6:54 PM

[quote user="Denise"]

Tes ... it was a cute (and good) joke.

If you say 'a .... by ... syn ... i ... a'  very slowly, it sounds like 'I'll be see-ing ya'  (with a reminder of a 1940s song with a similar title).

[/quote]

Wow! thank you Denise for the clarification.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS