Google Wave Bible study group?

Page 1 of 12 (234 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 233 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:10 AM

I was wondering how many Logos users here are using Google Wave and if there would be any interest in starting a Bible study group using Google Wave.  I'm smith.bryan.c@googlewave.com 

What do you think of the idea?

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:53 AM

I just suggested this on a the seminary blog today. The trouble is getting the Wave invites. They are very scarce!

Posts 33777
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:00 AM

Google Wave is not yet broadly available but you could do much the same thing by setting up a Tiki Wiki site.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:17 AM

Go on about GoogleWave...

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:30 AM

I would like to participate if I get the big Google Wave invite!

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 12:21 PM

You can request an invite here

Posts 2871
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:04 PM

I signed that site when it first was reported long ago and still no invite.  If you are waiting till there are enough people to have a decent sized community you may be waiting a long time.  I just set up a forum that I am going to be using for a group of local ministers.  But you are welcome to join us.

http://biblestudy.kevinpurcell.org/index.php

I have not really even shared with anyone else. Our group will be meeting in a little while.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:28 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I signed that site when it first was reported long ago and still no invite.  If you are waiting till there are enough people to have a decent sized community you may be waiting a long time.  I just set up a forum that I am going to be using for a group of local ministers.  But you are welcome to join us.

http://biblestudy.kevinpurcell.org/index.php

I have not really even shared with anyone else. Our group will be meeting in a little while.

Peace to you, Kevin!   and Joy!    I think I might be interested.  Thanks for the invitation. 

I am curious, though.  Just checked your link and it says "October 16, 2009, 03:25:08 AM "  It is now 8:27 Eastern Standard Time with me.  Where are you located?  I thought you were in North America.  Guess I was wrong!  Again!            *smile*

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:59 PM

never heard of "google wave"...

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:21 PM

Joe Miller:

never heard of "google wave"...

its google's attempt to make email obselete

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:29 PM

Judging from my inbox, its not working.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:48 PM

Joe Miller:

Judging from my inbox, its not working.

it has nothing to do with gmail.  http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:58 PM

neat tool

Posts 2871
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:21 AM

I am in the Eastern Time zone.  I may have the clock settings wrong on the forum.

UPDATE: That was it.  Thanks for catching it for me.

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:52 AM

Just saw this thread... if anyone wants a google wave invite for bible study purposes or otherwise let me know... I have a few extra I can share...

Andrew

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 8:18 AM

A friend and I signed up the same day back in June (I think).  He got his invite on Friday night.  He sent me an invite just to be sure, but I still haven't received it yet.  When I do (please today) I am in.

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 8:23 AM

AndrewHughes:
Just saw this thread... if anyone wants a google wave invite for bible study purposes or otherwise let me know... I have a few extra I can share...

I'd love a GW invite if you have one to spare. You can email me at donovan (at) dmpnet.org

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 8:37 AM

So far there is no group meeting.  The fact that so few people have google wave invites is probably a major contributor.  I don't know if there would be enough interest if google wave invites were plentiful.  Anyone up for this?

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 8:39 AM

I agree. Until there are lot of people using GW, it will probably be a bit difficult to pull together a Bible study.

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2009 9:26 AM

Donovan, added you to the invite list... I checked with a couple of my friends and some didn't get there invites right away either. Looks like Google is treating these invites as "nominations", whatever that means. They must be doing some sort of staging or other validation before sending the invite. Hope you get it soon :)

Andrew

Page 1 of 12 (234 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS