Page 1 of 13 (244 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 243 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 1181
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:22 PM

Any chance we'll see some of these Carta materials in Logos? I always see these at SBL and think "wow, those are great visuals."

http://www.carta.co.il/

Or perhaps The Sacred Bridge?

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Bridge-Cartas-Atlas-Biblical/dp/965220529X

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 884
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:07 AM

Sacred Bridge!

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

Posts 164
Niko | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:01 AM

They also have a couple of nice books I would not mind having in my Logos library. Ahituv's Echoes From The Past and Yardeni's The Book of Hebrew Script.

Posts 884
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:25 AM

Niko:
The Book of Hebrew Script.

Could be nice with: "Specimens of Mediaeval Hebrew Scripts" Beit Arie, Yardeni, Engel et al. (The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities) but I am not sure how many Logos users are interested in Hebrew scripts and manuscripts...

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:47 AM

Ben ... have you sent these suggestions to suggest@logos.com?

Posts 8857
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:45 AM

YES!!!   PLEASE!!!      

I'll buy in a heartbeat.

In fact, the idea of suggesting The Illustrated Atlas of Jerusalem has been in my head a couple of times the last few days. Just not when I was at the computer.

(And if you don't put these in prepub soon I'll be seriously tempted to buy you-know-what and the-link-that-has-now-been-removed! Wink )

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1181
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:51 AM

I have indeed sent these to suggest@logos.com

I also sent an email to Carta, and got a very positive response that seemed to indicate the ball was in Logos' court, so...

Has everyone else sent this in to suggest@logos.com?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:55 AM

Yes, please! Yes

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 202
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:48 AM

Definitely interested!!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:51 PM

I'm definitely in!

Charlene

Posts 111
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 10:35 AM

I too would definitely buy this. I have it in hardback, but if it was in Logos, I could use it in my classes. It is such a great classroom tool. Send the pictures to powerpoint, and excerpt important parts of the text for your notes accompanying the powerpoint slides.

Posts 2569
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 11:17 AM

YesYesYes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 18125
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:27 PM

Bump! I also came across this one recently, which would be awesome to have in Logos:

Carta’s Illustrated History of Christianity (200 maps, 240 illustrations)

Posts 8857
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 3:34 PM

Rosie Perera:
Carta’s Illustrated History of Christianity (200 maps, 240 illustrations)

Yes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 152
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 12:04 PM

Another yes Yes

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 10:29 AM

Bump....would like to see the Carta Bible Atlas on Logos.

Linden

Posts 1441
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 2:57 AM

Please add everything Carta publishes to Logos! Need I remind you that a different certain Bible program has already done so? Huh?

Here is an example of a fantastic resource from Carta not yet mentioned:

http://store.carta-jerusalem.com/archaeological-excavations/54-the-new-encyclopedia-of-archaeological-excavations-in-the-holy-land.html

Posts 8857
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 3:25 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
Need I remind you that a different certain Bible program has already done so? Huh?

As I recall, this thread was started on the very day that program announced the Carta resources (certainly not many days after), and as you can see from my first post the OP originally included a direct link to that announcement. So I think they know. Big Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8857
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:08 PM

fgh:
The Illustrated Atlas of Jerusalem

I see this has now been updated: The Carta Jerusalem Atlas (Formerly Illustrated Atlas of Jerusalem)

Another one that looks interesting is Carta's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the Holy Temple.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8066
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:31 PM

I've never used the Carta Atlas but your post reminded me of my favorite atlas that I have ever used.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE HE

I just wrote a suggestion to Logos. – The Macmillan Bible Atlas but Yohanon Aharoni and Michael Avi-Yonah. What I love about this atlas is that it has specific maps for most of the major Bible events that would benefit from maps.

http://www.amazon.ca/Macmillan-Bible-Atlas-Yohanan-Aharoni/dp/0025006053

This by far is the best Bible Atlas that I have owned and would love to see it in Logos.

Can anyone compare the Carta with the Macmillan?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 13 (244 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS