Page 8 of 17 (325 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 324 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:20 PM

Just get it in Accordance...they do a way better job with graphic resources by a long shot

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

PetahChristian:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

(But I'm guessing if Phil didn't come back and post "yes", the answer is "no".)

If the answer is “no,” wouldn’t it be better for Phil to let us know that, rather than unnecessarily prolonging our wait for something that still wouldn’t be available in Logos?

Yes, sorry, I shouldn't speculate/guess like that.

It's more likely that he just has no news to share yet.

Posts 3192
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:46 PM

DAL:

I’m extremely happy with the graphics the other software offers and the way CARTA products were done with extreme care, so I’m fine and at peace now if Logos chooses not to carry these resources 👍😁👌

Keith Pang:

Just get it in Accordance...they do a way better job with graphic resources by a long shot

While the graphics are better in the other software, I’ve held off on buying a second bible study program.

I hope FL will improve graphics, not only to do justice to resources like CARTA, but also give us less reasons to look and buy elsewhere.

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:10 PM

Keith Pang:

I think we’re talking apples and oranges here?

Carta’s maps (the detailed ones) are 4-color. Not pretty, but detailed. Amazon has previews. My impression Carta’s really nice ones are hard-copy wall maps.

Hi-res is on the picture media; I just upgraded during their sale.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:13 PM

PetahChristian:

While the graphics are better in the other software, I’ve held off on buying a second bible study program.

I hope FL will improve graphics, not only to do justice to resources like CARTA, but also give us less reasons to look and buy elsewhere.

I agree, but it is an option to for you to get in Accordance...because maybe Logos will never get Carta stuff or improve their graphics? I hope they do though

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:15 PM

Denise:

I think we’re talking apples and oranges here?

Carta’s maps (the detailed ones) are 4-color. Not pretty, but detailed. Amazon has previews. My impression Carta’s really nice ones are hard-copy wall maps.

Hi-res is on the picture media; I just upgraded during their sale.

In general, Accordance blows away Logos out of the water...as far as any picture heavy resources go

Posts 293
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:11 PM

PetahChristian:

If the answer is “no,” wouldn’t it be better for Phil to let us know that, rather than unnecessarily prolonging our wait for something that still wouldn’t be available in Logos?

I’d think we’d all prefer knowing one way or the other (or even an update that he’s still trying to work something out).

Agreed!

Posts 293
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:15 PM

PetahChristian:

Agreed! I really don't want a 2nd Bible study program, but on the other hand, I have wanted very good maps in Logos for years now and it just hasn't happened yet. But I would really like to know if it is or not. If not, then I need to start looking elsewhere for my maps.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:09 AM

Charlene:
I really don't want a 2nd Bible study program

I'm very much with you on that and so I continue to wait for CARTA in Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:57 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Charlene:

I also agree.

Ten years ago I was planning to have all the three top Bible study programs. One reason was that I could be a helpdesk for all the users nearby. I did not have enough money (fortunately) and it also turned out that most theology students nowadays know more about computing than I do.

I also have a Finnish Bible study programs with Finnish content, and I feel its user interface is awkward. (The content is great, though, I hope someone could infiltrate that content to Logos some day)

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 341
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:05 AM

Denise:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but four-color is true of their Bible Atlas. The Sacred BridgeThe Quest, and many other map-heavy and image-rich resources of theirs are much more colorful.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:58 AM

You're right, Abram. I had unintensionally left out, 'better than Logos'.  My opinion, the full-color maps are not that different (the older Logos4 maps).

And maybe I'm being too picky and too used to modern map detail. That's possible.

Illustration of the detail maps (older McMillan sp?):

Illustration of Less-Ancient Maps in Full-Color (comparable to Logos).

Illustration of More Ancient Maps (far better than Logos, due to location detail):

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 7:36 PM

+1 for The Sacred Bridge

Posts 3192
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 7:20 AM

Any official news regarding Carta licensing? Can you tell us whether it's still being pursued, or not possible?

Thanks!

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 7:32 AM

No, but don’t post to them, they’ll post to you 🤪

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 8:23 AM

PetahChristian:
Any official news regarding Carta licensing? Can you tell us whether it's still being pursued, or not possible?

We're still exploring it. No promises, but it might be possible.

Posts 3192
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 8:47 AM

Thank you, Phil, for the update!

Accordance has had it for over seven years. I really hope something can be worked out to also bring it to Logos.

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 9:22 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Charlene:

I use three regularly... I am not saying that one needs to have a second but I always saw it as insurance... I have had times in the past when Faithlife software has failed to work... now these multiple times were occasionally due to my using beta versions but at least one of those times when I had no option (downgrading would have meant redownloading and reindexing (redownloading might have been avoided but I remember at the time I contacted customer service I was told that is what I would have to do). Now even recently I did have an incident where Verbum was not wanting to work offline (my internet is Satellite based and was down from a storm out east). Seeing I have found others reporting this I am guessing that there was a glitch in a stable release since I have not been on beta for years now. Again I used Accordance and Olivetree on that day. Now I did have a time that Accordance failed me too Verbum was there for me that day. Now these incidents are rare but can and do happen. And I am very glad I have options. I admit that a few core resources are duplicated in Accordance/Verbum by me for my own peace of mind. But Accordance has more than a few items you will not find in Logos that are very useful to me. I was an Accordance user before a Logos user since there was no Mac option in Logos. That said I have known many users like myself who use both and have told me how well they feel the two programs compliment each other in their study. For my peace of mind (being an anxious sort) I would never want to have all my study eggs in one basket. Everyone must make their own decisions but for me 2 work out well for me.

-dan

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 10:17 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

PetahChristian:

We're still exploring it. No promises, but it might be possible.

That's encouraging news. I continue to wait patiently. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 10:17 AM

Dan Francis:
I would never want to have all my study eggs in one basket.

I don't see this as a major risk but like you said, each must make that decision.

Page 8 of 17 (325 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS