Page 9 of 18 (350 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 349 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 11:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I don't see this as a major risk

Neither do I but having experienced software failure (occasionally OS based by an update causing issues). I just prefer a backup... that said If i had only FL I would not say I was exceptionally worried unless that day comes that active internet connection is required.

-dan

Posts 2474
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 2:58 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We're still exploring it. No promises, but it might be possible.

Great

Posts 6589
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 8:14 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

PetahChristian:
Any official news regarding Carta licensing? Can you tell us whether it's still being pursued, or not possible?

We're still exploring it. No promises, but it might be possible.

That's encouraging news. I continue to wait patiently. Smile

What’s so encouraging? You’re still at square one and haven’t moved any closer to what you and others want. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคก I bought mine on sale at Accordance and I’m definitely enjoying them; Especially now that they have improved the way they show graphics on their version of the “sermon editor.”

Anyway, I admire your patience, but I really needed mine and since Logos doesn’t have Carta, I got it from the competition. Great quality stuff!

DAL 

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 8:41 AM

DAL:
What’s so encouraging?

I am encouraged that the door is not closed and that they are exploring it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 9:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I am encouraged that the door is not closed and that they are exploring it.

Amen.

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:48 AM

Random image on my Home Page today:

It's interesting that another publisher can get permission to use Carta images in their resource.

Still hoping that FL can negotiate for first-hand access to Carta within Logos.

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:14 AM

PetahChristian:
Still hoping that FL can negotiate for first-hand access to Carta within Logos.

Yes, that is my hope also.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2474
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:32 AM

I hope a definite conclusion can be reached soon.  

Posts 6589
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 5:57 PM

Lee:

I hope a definite conclusion can be reached soon.  

Key word “soon” just like Jesus is coming “soon” after so many years ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œbut at least it is a sure thing he is coming we just don’t know when ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:34 PM

Our team is meeting with their team next week, so we should have some clarity coming out of that meeting.

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:36 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Our team is meeting with their team next week, so we should have some clarity coming out of that meeting.

Thanks for the update Phil. I really hope that you can work something out! Many of us have been waiting years for some positive news about this.

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:58 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Surprise

Lord God, please open the doors for a good outcome to both teams, that we might get access to Carta and Sacred Bridge in Logos!

Posts 1187
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:08 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks for the update Phil. I really hope that you can work something out! Many of us have been waiting years for some positive news about this.

Amen!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 300
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:00 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

This is such a crucial meeting, as I feel it will either make or break a lot of Logos relationships with their customers, I for one. I've waited for years for good quality maps and yet, Logos promised, but hasn't delivered. I so hope that this meeting will change that.

Thanks, Phil, for letting us know. I'll be praying!

Posts 6589
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:23 AM

Logos maps suck period! Even if CARTA got on board, it would still be a quality issue. Accordance has by far the best maps and graphics viewer even in their version of Sermon Editor called Paper ๐Ÿ“ 

So is not just about selling CARTA is about making CARTA look great and unfortunately that’s something Logos can’t do at this time.

DAL

PS. My prediction: “Sorry guys, but an agreement couldn’t be reached with the publisher. We’ll try again in the future, but we won’t pursue this again any time soon.”

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:39 AM

DAL:
PS. My prediction: “Sorry guys, but an agreement couldn’t be reached with the publisher. We’ll try again in the future, but we won’t pursue this again any time soon.”

DAL, do you mind if I ask you why you seemingly choose to have such a pessimistic view of things? Why not choose to be optimistic and positive?

Posts 6589
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:48 AM

I just choose to be more realistic Bruce, so don’t take it personal.  Besides what good will it do to have CARTA in Logos if the quality of the maps will be diminished big time.  Just to give you a quick good example:  look at the maps of the ESV study Bible in Accordance and then try to look at them in Logos — Accordance makes Logos look like a rookie; and I’m being generous and merciful here.

So, yeah — realistic not pessimistic. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:59 AM

DAL:
Besides what good will it do to have CARTA in Logos if the quality of the maps will be diminished big time.

Maybe that's something Logos will be improving in Logos 8 (he said hopefully....)

Posts 2474
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:04 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Great. I'm looking forward to welcome news from both ends.

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:22 AM

DAL:
I just choose to be more realistic Bruce, so don’t take it personal.

I'm not taking it personally in the least DAL. I have just found in life that it is best to be on the positive side of realism rather than the negative side.

Page 9 of 18 (350 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS