Page 14 of 17 (325 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 324 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:55 PM

Lee:

The questions have come from interested users who for different reasons are asking FL about it. They are just entitled to that.

You are one individual (not FL employee) who is spamming this thread, putting down people and plugging the competition.

The problem is that you haven’t come to grips with the fact that the question has already been answered.  Go back and read. Don’t do this to yourself! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ When and if they ever have something to communicate, they’ll be the first ones to let you know without you even asking. Accept this and you’ll be able to be at peace with yourself.

Peace โœŒ๏ธ

DAL

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:14 PM

Yes

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:24 PM

DAL:
Accept this and you’ll be able to be at peace with yourself.

Peace โœŒ๏ธ

DAL

Your volume on this thread is directly observable. You can disagree but it is not right for you to make these snarky psychological side-swipes to me or anyone here.

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:28 PM

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 7:29 PM

From the Forum Guidelines:

"Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together."

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 6:51 AM

I have no pony n this race really. FL historically has done less than a stellar job with graphic resources and I have no desire to duplicate this resource in Logos. But while I understand DAL‘s position that we should be patient I am one who believes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It truly does no good other than to keep pressure on FL to continue talks until one side or the other comes up with a definitive answer although as in the case of Moody a disappointing answer may one day change. This has dragged on so long as to make me feel it’s not likely to ever happen but I will be very glad to be proved wrong. 

-Dan

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:08 PM

Still waiting...

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 3:58 PM

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 5:22 PM

DAL, would you mind not trolling, please? It's not exactly courteous, kind, or respectful. Thank you!

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 6:06 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL, would you mind not trolling, please? It's not exactly courteous, kind, or respectful. Thank you!

It's just hilarious to see how much you guys love to torture yourselves waiting for an answer that has already been given; or else, why do you think nobody from FL has even bothered to respond?

I strongly believe they already told you what their plans were.  They announced a meeting with Carta, the meeting pretty much went south, so they had nothing to report.  Hence, the "if anything changes, we'll let everyone know."

If I've become your enemy by telling you the truth (a truth you're not willing to accept), then I don't see how that is not courteous, kind, or respectful.

Remember, you guys are the ones putting up a show in here.  I'm just reminding  you what the "Officials" stated not that long ago.  You would think one of you guys would be smart enough to at least email the FL employee that told you there was nothing new to report and find out from him directly and then ask him if he could post again (even if it's the same answer -- which I'm 1000% sure it is you just won't believe me) and ease everybody's mind on the issue.  Instead, most of you have chosen to be the squeaky wheel that already got the grease a few months ago, but choose to squeak over and over as if that's going to make Carta come to an agreement with Logos.  Have you ever wondered that maybe Carta doesn't want Logos to carry their products? Because as it is right now, Accordance is the exclusive carrier of Carta digital products as far as Bible Software goes.  So if the meeting went south, for whatever reasons, it doesn't matter how many times you enquire, you will either not get a response (because  you already got it) or you will be given the same response in a more specific way: "No Carta products for the foreseeable long future - so please, don't ask again).

Anyway, keep it real, nothing to report at this time -- believe me, I'm telling you for a good reason.  Maybe I know something you don't know -- ever wondered that?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:24 PM

Not hunting it down but I believe it was confirmed that Carta is not under exclusive contract to Acc, that said Carta may not want any other distributor.  I know Concordia years back made all sort of  demands when trying to negotiate with Accordance. Including saying they were happy with Logos. Now I do not know anything more there other than what was shared on the forums there by both sides (including the final polite unable to come to a deal and then never seen the Concordia exec again), but was given the impression that being happy with Logos meant they wanted much to come to a second platform. Carta may feel similar. As for things being done and settled I know that I have heard about Accordance being in talks for very long periods to get a deal done so things may not be dead. Theses deals which we would assume should be a meeting yea or nay, are not that simple. For whatever reason these negotiations seem to often move at a glacial pace. And Dal you may not be meaning to offend or not but the Pepe face has come to represent much of the worst of a certain groups on the net.  I will not assume that you necessarily hold onto any of those views which do seem to include some very unchristian ideas, but I know I was taken a back a bit to see him knowing some of the negative things it had been associated with.  

Sometimes you just have to let people tilt at windmills and just remember they may well march to drum beat you or I do not hear.  

-Dan

PS: please do not let my Don Quixote reference infer anything negative about your quest to get Carta published in Logos just the way some may perceive it. 

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:46 PM

Dan, I based my assumption based on a blog post by Accordance stating “Resources you’ll only find in Accordance...” and Carta was mentioned among others. Concerning the meme or pepe (I call it smiley face) I do not know or have searched of any instance in the internet where it’s used in a negative sense.  To me it’s just a bigger smiley face that reminds me of the Mask movie played by Jim Carry a long time ago. When a friend sent it it stuck, same as this other one —-> ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

“Don” worry about Quijote‘s reference Nothing negative came to mind ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

Good night!

DAL

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:04 PM

Just an observation: Funny how this thread started in November 2010 and FL’s first response came virtually 5 years later in October 2015.  Then a less optimistic response on 2017 and the other less optimistic responses earlier this year in March 2018.

5 years of silence and then essentially nothing if you really think about it.

No wonder all the desperation!

Let me see what I can do, but no promises, ok. 

I’ll post next week ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ if they respond to my email. I may even call to see if I can get through, but don’t hold your breath!

DAL

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 6:43 AM

DAL:
Concerning the meme or pepe (I call it smiley face) I do not know or have searched of any instance in the internet where it’s used in a negative sense.  To me it’s just a bigger smiley face

It may just be a "smiley face" to you, but its general usage isn't very nice, to say the least. I believe you're a better person than what the meme represents.

As for Carta, I don't want to assume that FL's silence means that Carta isn't coming to Logos.

Some might see no news as bad, others might see no news as good. People simply have different ways of looking at things like that.

Either way, whether or not Carta comes to Logos, these temporary things don't compare to the marvelous light of His glory! Hallelujah!

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 8:07 AM

Well, the general problem everywhere is that a happy customer will stop the progress.

Therefore we have to keep this thread alive...

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:25 AM

Isn't it annoying when we are trying to be servants, and they treat us like...well, like servants.

I think it was Corrie ten Boom who was asked, "How do you know if you have a servant's heart?"  Her answer was that you will know when someone treats you like a servant.

How would you respond if you were in a restaurant, and asked a waiter a question, and the waiter's response was a snarky, "I have already answered that"?

If you don't want to answer questions, yes, sometimes the same question over and over, you do not need to be harming Logos by doing a snarky job of it.

Just my opinion.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 9:11 AM

Michael Childs:

Isn't it annoying when we are trying to be servants, and they treat us like...well, like servants.

I think it was Corrie ten Boom who was asked, "How do you know if you have a servant's heart?"  Her answer was that you will know when someone treats you like a servant.

How would you respond if you were in a restaurant, and asked a waiter a question, and the waiter's response was a snarky, "I have already answered that"?

If you don't want to answer questions, yes, sometimes the same question over and over, you do not need to be harming Logos by doing a snarky job of it.

Just my opinion.

You’re kind of late with your opinion Michael, but it’s ok. ๐Ÿ‘Œ I’ll be posting soon with a fresh response or I might even be able to get a FL employe to do that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

Posts 6313
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 9:13 AM

PetahChristian:

Either way, whether or not Carta comes to Logos, these temporary things don't compare to the marvelous light of His glory! Hallelujah!

Great response! Stay tuned ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

Posts 29
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:28 PM

PetahChristian:
It may just be a "smiley face" to you, but its general usage isn't very nice, to say the least. I believe you're a better person than what the meme represents.

My reaction to that image is the same as yours Petah.  Not positive at all.  Every time I see it pop up in this thread I cringe.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:21 AM

Dave Palmer:
My reaction to that image is the same as yours Petah.  Not positive at all.  Every time I see it pop up in this thread I cringe.

I had to laugh when I saw it, because it struck me as classic DAL. And yeah, it is the universal internet meme for snark. And he tried to pass it off as a smiley! lol

*ahem* (said the guy with an avatar of a ram sticking out its tongue) Indifferent

Page 14 of 17 (325 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS