Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5240
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:18 PM

I am having a big problem with 1.2.2 (10.4.11, PowerBook G4 17" 1.67) anytime I try to open the Isaiah volume it crashes. And on my Imac G5 (10.4.11) its gotten to the point that every search causes it crash.

-Dan

Crying PS: As much as I hate the idea, I can hardly wait till I can afford a new MacBook and through parallels use a version of Logos that is stable. I never expect Logos mac to be exactly what windows is but I wish it was atleast stable.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 1:32 PM

Hi Dan,

Libronix DLS 1.2.2 for Mac is more stable on macs with 10.5 or 10.6 Mac OS installed and an Intel processor. We've also heard of or seen crashes with scrolling or clicking links in some resources for which we have not yet determined the cause, although some crashes appear to be memory related.  

A Libronix DLS log file can provide helpful information. Here are instructions for turning on logging:

1) Quit Libronix and navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Scripts on the startup volume and double click EnableLogging.

2) Start Libronix (it may start more slowly than normal) and perform the actions that cause the crash to occur. 

3) Navigate to ~/Library/Logs on your home directory and attach the LibronixDLS.log file to this thread, or send a description of the crash and the log file to macsupport@logos.com

4) Navigate back to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Scripts on the startup volume and double click DisableLogging.

Thanks,
Melissa 

Posts 5240
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 1:41 PM

I copied the preference files out of the personal Library Folder from my Powerbook and got my iMac G5  working once again, what is particularly strange is I can now open the Lange's Isaiash Volume without it crashing on my iMac. I thank God it's working but have no idea what little code quirk was keeping it unusable yesterday.

-Dan

Big Smile PS: I do appreciate Logos for the mac, I know I said I was planing on abandoning it when i was able to use the PC version but in truth that is mostly because I want to be able to use my Oxford Bible Commentary again. I feel this is a wonderful resource even if a bit buggy at times and there are many Mac users out there who will NOT (or cannot, as in my case) run windows on their machines. Logos macs gives them the ability to use the vast array of resources in Libronix format and I hope they continue working on it.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 1:45 PM

DanielWFrancis:

Logos macs gives them the ability to use the vast array of resources in Libronix format and I hope they continue working on it.

Thanks for your continued support.  We are working on a new version of our Mac software, which will more closely match the new Windows version currently being developed.

Melissa

Posts 5240
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 2:12 PM

Melissa Snyder:
We are working on a new version of our Mac software

Is there any indication when we might expect to see a beta. I know you guys don't like giving dates (and I also realize there are many months from Beta to release), but I was wondering if this is a couple months off or more realistically several months.

-dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS