How to do Key Link option from Logos 3 in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2010 12:56 PM

I am doing a BWS of a Greek AF text, and am interested in the 3 occurrences found in the Apostolic Fathers section:

When I get the search results, in Logos 3 I could make the hover text show up in Greek by having it use the AF:English translation as a higher priority than the AF:Greek.  I don't even have the AF:Greek as a priority in my Library list (and I do have AF:English in there), yet it comes up in Greek and I can't seem to change it:

Is there a way I can see this hover in English instead of Greek? I mean it's already showing in Greek once just behind it, I don't need it twice in Greek do I :)

Thanks!

Posts 12700
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:05 PM

Dominick Sela:
Is there a way I can see this hover in English instead of Greek? I mean it's already showing in Greek once just behind it, I don't need it twice in Greek do I :)

No, I don't think so. It's a 'hard' link, not a reference link. The best you could do would be to open the English and Greek resources, link them, and then click on each link.

Posts 12700
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:08 PM

However, I did just notice that it Analysis view, the Reference column will give the most prioritised resource on hover, which will give you what you want.

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:10 PM

Dominick Sela:

I am doing a BWS of a Greek AF text, and am interested in the 3 occurrences found in the Apostolic Fathers section:

When I get the search results, in Logos 3 I could make the hover text show up in Greek by having it use the AF:English translation as a higher priority than the AF:Greek.  I don't even have the AF:Greek as a priority in my Library list (and I do have AF:English in there), yet it comes up in Greek and I can't seem to change it:

It is hardly surprising that you get the Greek version of the Apostolic Fathers -- after all, you are asking regarding a Greek word, not an English translation of that word.  If you want the English, all you need do is to open the Greek then open the English since the English will track the Greek.  I assume you've noted that when you open one bible the open another the second opens to the same passage as the first.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 12700
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:37 PM

Dominick Sela:

Thanks!

I also just remembered that Lake's in English is a reverse interlinear, so if you don't have that resource, it might be a good purchase for you.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:54 PM

Thanks for the answers, I think the layout of Greek - English - Search window - BWS works the best for me. I have the Interlinear too. 

Logos 4 is flexible enough to handle it with layouts, but Logos 3 gave more capability to customize the search than ver 4 does.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS