Logos 4.2 Beta 7 (v4.20.4.7562) available

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2010 2:06 PM | Locked

Logos 4.2 Beta 7 (v4.20.4.7562) is available for testing.

To download Beta 7 now, enter the command Update Now, if you've switched to the beta channel previously. If you're running a Shipping version, such as 4.1 SR-4, enter the command Set Update Channel to Beta.

To install Beta 7 from scratch, see the notes and download link at .http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx.

For Release Notes, see http://wiki.logos.com/4.2_Beta_7.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 2:50 PM | Locked

I like the new arrows in paged view. Thanks for implementing this user suggestion.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:32 PM | Locked

Re: "Collection Favorites will again open corresponding Collection rather than a new Unnamed Collection", I open Collections, I have Unnamed. I bring up another Collection, and close it. I reopen Collections, and it's unnamed again.  Was this fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:34 PM | Locked

Dominick Sela:
Was this fixed or am I doing something wrong?

This behaviour is by design. The bug that was fixed is the shortcuts to specific collections stored in favorites were also bringing up the unnamed collection. Now they work correctly.

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:35 PM | Locked

Dominick Sela:
Re: "Collection Favorites will again open corresponding Collection rather than a new Unnamed Collection", I open Collections, I have Unnamed. I bring up another Collection, and close it. I reopen Collections, and it's unnamed again.  Was this fixed or am I doing something wrong?

I think you are expecting the wrong thing. Collections will now open to an Unnamed Collection every time it opens. The fix had to do with collections stored as favorites. They now open as they should rather than to a blank (unnamed) collection.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:08 PM | Locked

Thank you for fixing annoyances with Collections, Logos Smart Tags and Print/Export.

“Passage Guide” is a great addition to the Smart Tag menu.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:21 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

This behaviour is by design. The bug that was fixed is the shortcuts to specific collections stored in favorites were also bringing up the unnamed collection. Now they work correctly.

Oh ok, thanks. Liked it better the old way. Oh well :)

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:21 PM | Locked

Setting the linkset of an auto-follow Tool (Cited By, Explorer, etc.) to “None” will be remembered the next time that tool is opened from the Tools menu

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

[Hope I'm not too exhuberant?Smile]

Blessings

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 8:44 AM | Locked

Nice touches to Beta 7. I like them, especially the Smart Tag/Passage Guide.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:16 AM | Locked

Any chance of getting the smart tags enabled forPowerPoint?

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:13 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:
Any chance of getting the smart tags enabled forPowerPoint?

It seems to me that they are enabled for PowerPoint (this is from PP 2007) but they don't work.

Here is what this produces:

Basically all that works is opening the Bible to this reference in Logos.

I think this would be of real help in using PP for sermons, teaching, and worship presentation.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 23637
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:25 AM | Locked

Bradley commented on this for PP 2010 at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/22045/166877.aspx#166877.

I don't know whether this relates to earlier versions.

Graham

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 12:04 PM | Locked

Thank you for the navigation arrows in reading view.  They make  page turning a lot easier on a tablet PC.

Just a few suggestions to make it easier for those of us us who use tablet PCs/netbooks and soon other tablets based on Windows 7.

1.  Add a button (arrow)  for the ESC (or F11) key to exit the reading view since neither is available on tablet without "extra" work.

2.  Put a little more space between the arrows for those of us who have big fingers and have to navigate via a touchscreen

3.  Make the navigation arrows a little bigger

4.  Move them to the middle of the page since the corners are harder to access when using the fingers on a touchscreen

I originally purchased my Windows 7 based Lenovo S10-3T tablet netbook to be able to read the books in my library without having to sit at my computer desk.  With the latest changes to the reading view I''m glad I did.

Posts 3717
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 4:13 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

Thank you for fixing annoyances with Collections, Logos Smart Tags and Print/Export.

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:56 PM | Locked

BillS:

Dave Hooton:

Yes +1

Yes +2

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS