Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:27 PM

No it not a cousin to the KJVO 

Download and instillation of the NICOT/NICNT  took less than 5 minutes, almost too fast (did I really spend 1K on that?)

But I loved the new commentary series! In fact I tried to make them my default commentary.

Yet I'm having trouble making them my preferred commentary. Unlike WBC, only one book will open when I set them up on my opening page.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to arrange something in the background differently?

Please help!

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:13 PM

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do (or what it means to have only 1 book open when you "set them up"). Are you trying to make it so that when you open a verse and commentary it will always use NICOT/NT? 

You will then want to set up all of the NICOT/NT commentaries as serial resources through Tools-->Resource Associations.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 2:47 AM

On my start page I choose "Customize View".

Under “Choose Bible and Commentary”, I choose “The Book of Genesis chapters 1-17” [NICOT]

When I do this with WBC, all biblical books become available.

For example, if I was studying Matthew, the Matthew commentary of WBC would open.

With NICOT/NT only the “Genesis” opens.

I’ve made “Resource Associations” for the whole commentary series, still nothing else opens.  

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 3:13 AM

"...set up all of the NICOT/NT commentaries as serial resources through Tools-->Resource Associations."

That was it, when I initially set up the resource associations, I set them up as parallel resources, at your propmting I set them up as serial resources but never deleted the parallel resource.

When I deleted the parallel resource association the problem resolved.

Thanx

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:57 AM

Great! Glad I could help

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 7:04 PM

What happens if you have more than one commentary series added to the serial resource associations?

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:33 PM

RyanSchatz:

What happens if you have more than one commentary series added to the serial resource associations?

Well as long as each commentary was for a different book, movement out of a commentary's verse range (like from Genesis to Exodus), would switch you to the whatever commentary you marked as a serial resource that covered that book.

I have done that; if I think that one commentary in a series is particularly poor, I'll substitute another one for it. It might be a good idea to make a serial association list for your favorite commentary for each book so that you will be default open up your favorite commentary for a particular book

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS