Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:08 PM

I am skimming the Greek set right now, and so far they look much better. I had one file that wouldn't load, but I re-extracted it from the download and it worked fine the second time.

Terry

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:03 AM

After downloading all 3 files all night, this morning I went in to unzip the Hebrew video and it said it was a corrupted file....I will have patience....emailed to have the videos mailed to me in December......oh well...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 2509
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:44 AM

same issue here using Macbook Pro.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:57 AM

All three of my files say they are corrupted!

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 10:16 AM

Mark Barnes:

Phew! Saved myself the frustration by ordering the DVD. Big downloads like these rarely go well for me.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 11:29 AM

Mark Barnes:

No problem here! There was one strange thing about them, however. When I attempted to expand the Greek files in the Finder (Mac feature), the system kept trying to compress them again. It must not have recognized that they were .zip. Stuffit Expander handled them without any problem. The Finder expanded the Hebrew files correctly.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 3:28 PM

Hi,

I have the same issue (Decompress failed) with the 2 Greek files in Mac, one way to overcome it is to copy the Zipped file over to a Windows environment and extract them, and copy them back to the Mac environment.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 4:01 PM

LimJK:
one way to overcome it is to copy the Zipped file over to a Windows environment and extract them, and copy them back to the Mac environment.

Stuffit Expander is still free—http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/stuffitexpander.html

Posts 132
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:37 AM

I am re-downloading the Greek.zip first file as the videos are out of synch.  Anyone else had this issue?

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 11:29 AM

Donald McNeeley:
I am re-downloading the Greek.zip first file as the videos are out of synch.

What do you mean by "out of synch"?

I did notice that the speaker on the Greek videos seemed to have a Donald Duck quality to his voice, as when a recording is replayed slightly faster than the record speed, but for me it was not terribly distracting.

Posts 132
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 4:07 PM

Jack,

Great hearing from you ... basically, the lips do not match the words that I am hearing ... it seems to only be associated with 1-13.  I tried to re-download, but that did not help.

By the way, have you used the videos in teh classroom?

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 4:21 PM

I have watched about 8 of the revised Greek videos with no problems.  I am running Windows 7 x64, and they play in Windows Media Player.

Make absolutely sure your operating system, video drivers, and media/video player are on the latest version.  I suspect that the files are fine and something on your computer is causing the problem.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:23 AM

Donald McNeeley:
the lips do not match the words that I am hearing

I have not noticed that in my installation (Mac OS 10.5, Quick Time Player).

Donald McNeeley:
have you used the videos in teh classroom?

No, I haven't. If I were teaching the use of Logos Greek tools, I would probably prefer to digest the material and teach it myself. I dislike playing videos for a class.

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:58 AM

How do you order the DVD? I haven't heard anything from LOGOS about replacements being available?

Posts 47
Sam McCloud | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:58 AM

James Alexander:

How do you order the DVD? I haven't heard anything from LOGOS about replacements being available?

There was an email sent out by Logos on the 19th with the title: Updated Videos Now Available - Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software

I found it in my Spam folder, I use yahoo mail. There is an email address provided that you have to send an email request to for your DVD.

My Library | Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Posts 1657
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:00 PM

Sam McCloud:
I found it in my Spam folder,

Me too.

I use Thunderbird.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2128
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:05 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Phew! Saved myself the frustration by ordering the DVD. Big downloads like these rarely go well for me.

Did you get a response, confirmation after you emailed to have the DVDs sent to you? I am asking because the first thing I did was send an email as requested to have DVDs shipped to me as well.  But I wonder if there is any confirmation sent or do we wait until the end of December, when if we did not receive the DVDs...we need to follow up on it.  And what if that happens and it is passed December 3?  I just wish Logos would be wise and just plan on sending the DVD to everyone who ordered the product in the first place.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:25 PM

No problem to extract my 3 zip files here. I downloaded Hebrew file 3 times however. It was my mistake thou. I always forgot I am downloading and closed the notebook Sad. It do not support continuation of the partially downloaded file. I think It should with that size of the files.

Bohuslav

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:59 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

No problem to extract my 3 zip files here. I downloaded Hebrew file 3 times however. It was my mistake thou. I always forgot I am downloading and closed the notebook Sad. It do not support continuation of the partially downloaded file. I think It should with that size of the files.

That's a function not of Logos's website or the way the files were hosted there, but how you downloaded them, which is probably the built-in download utility of of your OS or your browser. There are free third party download managers that handle picking up where you left off in a download, for future reference. Just google "download manager" resume, and you'll find some that support resuming where you left off. Logos could of course provide a download manager which we could download and use when downloading files from their site. But at present they don't.

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:44 PM

Rosie Perera:

Logos could of course provide a download manager which we could download and use when downloading files from their site. But at present they don't.

Please, no! Not another 3rd party, vendor-specific download manager. I've got 3 from Microsoft, Adobe has one, Apple wants me to use one, ugh! I'm perfectly capable of using Free Download Manager on my own when I know I need it.

Donnie

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS