New NIV available on bible gateway.com when will it be on logos? Free upgrade please?

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:08 PM

Peace to you, Anthony!  And Joy in the Lord!

That was a very well-spoken reply!  I commend you on your openness and Christian Charity!

Well Done!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 91
Anthony Grubb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:38 PM

Milford,

Thank you and thank you, and I have now corrected my misspelling (wow, great catch--and thank you)!

Anthony

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:51 PM

Got it, Anthony!

You are indeed most welcome!

Noticed that, and I've already taken that part out of my note to you!

Blessings

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 11:55 AM

I know of one very unhappy Kindle user that owned the 1984 version, then had to have the Kindle device replaced. And could only get the new NIV on teh new Kindle. Lost for good. May that NOT be the Logos experience. Maybe we can no longer BUY teh 1984 version, but those who already own it should not be forced to select one or the other (i.e., only be able to have one of the two version in Logos their library.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 12:24 PM

Randal M Lane:
those who already own it should not be forced to select one or the other

I agree with you, but it all depends on the publisher and what they will allow. With the NAS we can have both the older and newer versions. We should be prepared to pay full price to own a new stand-alone version, however. An upgrade that replaces an older version should be less expensive. So if we can get the new NIV we may need to be prepared to pay full price for it if we don't want it to replace our existing copy.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 4 2011 11:05 AM

Randal M Lane:

I know of one very unhappy Kindle user that owned the 1984 version, then had to have the Kindle device replaced. And could only get the new NIV on teh new Kindle. Lost for good. May that NOT be the Logos experience. Maybe we can no longer BUY teh 1984 version, but those who already own it should not be forced to select one or the other (i.e., only be able to have one of the two version in Logos their library.

Olivetree has release the updated NIV calling it  NIV Plus.  Allowing easy keeping of both in your system. I know Zondervan will eventually stop selling 1984 altogether at which point I don't know what the labelling will be but for now looks like an easy migration. Only took IBS 22 years to catch up to the translation principles of the NRSV.

-Dan

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:43 PM

Hi Folks,  I see that the NIV has been renamed NIV(1984) on the logos system, which presumably opens the way for an NIV(2011) which can be purchased (or not!).  Looking forward to it!

Posts 21998
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:50 PM

Hi Mark

The new NIV (2011) is available in Logos for those with the Bible Study Package or higher

Please see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28219.aspx and http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28575.aspx for more information.

Graham

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:09 AM

Thanks Graham! 

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:17 AM

Hi Logos Guys,  thank you for the free upgrade for the NIV and keeping the NIV(1984) for those who want it.  Useful for camparisons at the very least! 

Its really good to see Zondervan 'giving away' the new version contrary to some peoples expectations!!!

All in all a win-win solution!

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:53 AM

Mark Maloney:

Its really good to see Zondervan 'giving away' the new version contrary to some peoples expectations!!!

Mark, are you sure it's Zondervan who is giving it away free? Logos has included the new NIV in their free Base Package Crossgrade. That's all. If you own the NIV outside of those Base Packages as a separate resource (or you would not do a free crossgrade), you will have to buy the new NIV, IMHO.

Bohuslav

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:56 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Mark Maloney:

Mark, are you sure it's Zondervan who is giving it away free? Logos has included the new NIV in their free Base Package Crossgrade. That's all. If you own the NIV outside of those Base Packages as a separate resource (or you would not do a free crossgrade), you will have to buy the new NIV, IMHO.

Probably a bit of both Logo is making sure we are able to keep our old NIV, but the NIV was destined to replace 1984, the same way 1984 replace the original 1978 NIV. Logos had to upgrade their packages, but it was nice of them to offer free upgrades to everyone. 

-Dan

Posts 557
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:02 AM

It just downloaded today to my Logos 4, and i still have NIV 1984, and TNIV

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS