Chapters and verses ... well not quite

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33789
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 18 2009 3:34 PM

I would like the pericope comparison to show the ancient divisions and lectionary divisions not just the contemporary Bible translations divisions. I.E. I want

• kephalaia
  • Vaticanus divisions
  • Ammonian sections (thanks for the Eusebian canons)
  • Euthalius' sense-lines
  • Andreas of Cæsarea's divisions
  • parashiyot, aliyots ....

And If these are not on the near horizon, I'd like the format of the pericope datasets to create them ... if that is at all workable.

Anyone else interested in more logical divisions than chapter and verse?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 7:58 AM

Not sure, MJ.  I am unfamiliar with the bulk of those 6 you bullet-point.  Still, I have often thought I would like to be able to disable chapter/verse, and even paragraph sectioning, just to read and study and come to my own conclusions on flow of argument, etc.

I am unclear on how easy it would be to manually create all those different approaches you cite, but I would think it would be rather easy to switch on and off ch/vrs numbers.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:05 PM

We can build the pericope sets from an Excel sheet with column A the section title and column B the verse range.

We don't have plans for these right now -- I hadn't heard of them! -- but if you'd like to submit them we could integrate them at some point in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS