Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 19 2009 10:32 AM

I am saving my sermons using Sermon Addon and also compiling books in Russian using Personal Book builder. I came across a  weird inconsistency: all of the book names that require a number (such as 1 Cor, 2 Kings, 3 John - in Russian of course) do not get treated as a reference, no matter how I spell them (in Russian). The rest of the books (Gen, Rom, Jn, etc.) get recognized fine and are automatically keylinked to the appropriate scripture in the default bible.

I tried everything I knew what to do.  I spelled the references every way possible, I even copied and pasted the reference (in Russian) from the Bible's Current Reference box.Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how I can properly reference Russian scriptures in Sermon files and PBB? Is there a list of "approved" scripture abbreviations in Russian (I know there is one in English and Spanish)?

HELP!!!

Vladimir

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:52 AM

VladimirLukyanov:
Does anyone know how I can properly reference Russian scriptures in Sermon files and PBB? Is there a list of "approved" scripture abbreviations in Russian (I know there is one in English and Spanish)?

I am not sure I can help you. I just wanted to say I had a similar problem with the Czech references. It looks to me that the reference system in other than English language is quite tricky. I am sorry for that. The best is to use a numbers for the names of the books and that works without problems, and is using the language references of your setup. You would have to change the references however to the numbers system. You can find it in helps. I think it is something like this: for it would be 1.1.1 etc.

Bohuslav

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:53 AM

Vladimir,

I am still researching this for you.  Hopefully someone on the forums will be able to assist.  You may also want to contact Morris Proctor (www.mpseminars.com). 

Steve

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2009 7:20 PM

I'm guessing that you already know this, but just in case you don't, Logos has the Russian Bible for free.

http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/RST

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2009 12:12 AM

VladimirLukyanov:
I tried everything I knew what to do.  I spelled the references every way possible, I even copied and pasted the reference (in Russian) from the Bible's Current Reference box.Nothing seems to work.

Surely Somebody  out there has addressed this type of problem. 

Bohuslav's numbering solution is the only idea I can think of.

When doing asian text processing I used the code pages in Shift-JIS (pre-Unicode days.) I applied this idea to organize database files using "lookup-codes" other than file names. It was a big proprietary headache, but it worked for my purposes. Since there must be a lot of Russian users who share the need to replicate your application I'd recommend not re-inventing the wheel with a homemade solution.

When you get a better solution I'd be interested in knowing how you did it....

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2009 7:24 AM

Vladimir, I am in Russia and I use Logos and the RST module of Logos.  Please write me at timh@jesuschist.ru and we can try together.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 7
Samuel.A.Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2012 3:40 PM

Hi,

I'm from Ukraine. Timothy Ha & I use RST in Logos 3 and Logos4. 

http://www.logos.com/product/4875/russkii-sinodalnyi-pierievod

You can contact us. My e-mail:Samuel.A.Kim@gmail.com

Posts 5244
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:16 PM

I am just curious, doesn't the RST have the apocryphal books, i mean i saw on the page it was said it is used by the catholic and orthodox churches. Or is it just Logos never did the full thing?

-dan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS