Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2010

Page 2 of 13 (242 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 241 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 569
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 9:33 AM

WOOHOO! I just got me some great deals on three products!

Sigh... I looove Logos, she said, hugging herself...Left Hug

Posts 1565
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 10:45 AM

Joe,

Side question - your screen shot font is so clear.  Can you tell me what default font do you use?

Thanks!

Peter

Posts 75
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 10:54 AM

Hi Richard,

I have Rosscup's book on prayer and find it to be an excellent resource. I is the result of his teaching at Master's Seminary and I have found it very useful.

Bob

Posts 19311
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:00 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Mike Tourangeau:

Would the Macarthur series be included/excluded from this opportunity?

The only restrictions I saw in the blog is from this paragraph:

To help make sure you don't waste your only three chances for an awesome deal, it's only fair to warn you that, due to various contracts and licenses, some titles aren't able to be discounted at all. (Zondervan, Galaxie, Concordia...) Also, don't ask for a quote for any title that is not shipping yet, since all Pre-Pubs and Community Pricing titles are not available yet, and the sale ends before they go live.

There an ellipsis in that list of publishers, so one wonders whether there are others.

Nonetheless, I'm glad I've been keeping my personal wishlist in a file, so I can easily go through and pick my top three right now.

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:11 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

AARRRG! The web page for the journals doesn't name the publisher for those journals.

Thanks for helping me not waste my request.

It's in there. Check out:

http://www.logos.com/product/8116/theological-journal-library-vol-11

The publisher is listed under Product Details. Same for volumes 12 and 13.

Donnie

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:14 AM

Well I spent way too much time coming up w/ the list of 3 items. Hope the pricing is worth it... ;)

Donnie

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:23 AM

Peter Li:

Joe,

Side question - your screen shot font is so clear.  Can you tell me what default font do you use?

Thanks!

Peter

I am using the default Logos 4 font.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:31 AM

Donnie Hale:

It's in there. Check out:

http://www.logos.com/product/8116/theological-journal-library-vol-11

The publisher is listed under Product Details. Same for volumes 12 and 13.

Donnie

Yes, that one does.

This one, the one I was looking at, doesn't:

http://www.logos.com/product/3582/theological-journal-library-vols-1-10

Also, I didn't see vol's 11, or 12 when I brought up the list for Journals from the left panel under Resource Type / Journals. (Must be an oversight with the web site.)

EDIT: both above issues reported to the Logos Website forum.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 12:10 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

EDIT: both above issues reported to the Logos Website forum.

For what it's worth, given a number of replies from Logos employees when the new site went live, I don't trust the stuff that shows up in "faceted browsing" yet. I found the theological journals by searching. And unless I'm doing some kind of browsing of the whole list of products, I almost always start with a search. I do think the "Live" facet applied to a search result is accurate.

Donnie

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 12:27 PM

Sadly, the facets are still not perfect. We are working on a solution that should hopefully be deployable sooner rather than later, but in the meantime we "hacked" together a "facet" for Galaxie titles in particular here:

http://www.logos.com/galaxie

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:04 PM

Edwin Bowden:

If we want to wish big, can we use a payment plan?

I hope this question gets answered. I would hate to waste my three inquiries on ICC, and two other "biggies" that are unaffordable in lump sum purchase. I would also hate to miss them because I assumed they were not offered at a payment plan during this special....

Any word?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:06 PM

Edwin Bowden:

If we want to wish big, can we use a payment plan?

Yes! You may use a payment plan on this special. Go for it!

Posts 76
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:17 PM

How fast are these emails coming back???? I sent mine at 6 am and still nothing.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:20 PM

James Ogle:

How fast are these emails coming back???? I sent mine at 6 am and still nothing.

Let's just say we got waaaay more than we anticipated! Good thing we didn't send an email alert too!

Smile

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:31 PM

Dan Pritchett:

James Ogle:

Let's just say we got waaaay more than we anticipated! Good thing we didn't send an email alert too!

Smile

At least I now know not to keep refreshing my inbox :-) Start up the Joe-O-Matic 5,000, Dan. its gonna be a long night.

Posts 88
Steve Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:00 PM

my email wishlist came back QUICK.  AND hubby approved the order so i'm a happy wife...which means he'll have a peaceful house (just kidding).  I ordered all three wishes.  wooo whooooo.

nancy

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:09 PM

I wonder how many people on the forum sent requests?  I know I did!

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:12 PM

Tony Thomas:

I sent in a request - but have not heard anything as of yet - what is the turn around time for replies?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 19311
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:31 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Tony Thomas:

I sent in a request - but have not heard anything as of yet - what is the turn around time for replies?

I'm guessing the first batch of people who sent theirs in got quicker replies, but that from here on out the response time is going to get a bit slower. Did you see Dan Pritchett's post just above saying "Let's just say we got waaaay more than we anticipated!" -- they've promised that they will respond to everyone who gets their email in by Monday, but they did not say they would respond by Monday. I'd give them a couple of days after that, since they've apparently been flooded with emails. But the timestamp on your email will guarantee you get a proper reply in due time.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:39 PM

Rosie Perera:
But the timestamp on your email will guarantee you get a proper reply in due time.

Yea, but...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Page 2 of 13 (242 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS