Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2010

Page 7 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 241 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:16 PM

Giovanni,

I agree with Paul, you're not really helping your cause by typing in capital letters or letting your feelings out on public.  I kind of had the same experience you had, so I plan to call Logos Monday, since I barely got to check my e-mail today and I know they won't be answering my call at 10PM EST on a Saturday night...hehehe.  Trust me, if you e-mail Mr. Dan P. or Bryan P.  They will take care of you and make it up to you.  I know from experience they always do.

Anyway, I know thanksgiving is gone, but I just want to say: Thank God for Logos and the people doing all the work behind the scenes so we all can have great resources at great prices!

Blessings and Have a great Lord's Day Tomorrow!

Douglas

Posts 32
Chuck Alford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:23 PM

I usually don't like to air my disappointments because I have so many things that I am thankful for. I'm very thankful that I have the study resources that I have. There are so many in this world that have far less resources yet never complain.

I sent my 3 selections in and got back the same price quote that I received from one of the sales reps last week. I was really hoping that the saving would be better since this was a Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sale.

(Aside. I didn't think this promotion was the best idea because it strains the office support unnecessarily, and it leaves the customer base wondering why things had to be kept behind closed doors. It reminds me of a car salesman going to the sales manager's office asking for a discount that's not going to go below commission plus cost. I understand that a company has to make money to stay in business, and a company has to keep its customer base happy. It would have made more sense to offer a scaled discount savings. First, mark all items that have coupons down to that lowest price. Second, the more money you spend the more you save: $50 - $100 dollar = 20% discount. $100 - $200 dollars = 30%. I think a maximum of 60% savings would have been reasonable.)

Maybe I should have spent my time working in the field of harvest Friday morning instead of worrying about getting a discount on a new book for my library. Will we ever learn?

Thanks Logos.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:33 PM

Like your avatar!! I live in Alexandria,La.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:37 PM

Chuck Alford:
Maybe I should have spent my time working in the field of harvest Friday morning instead of worrying about getting a discount on a new book for my library. Will we ever learn?

Good point Chuck. I must have checked my email several times an hour today--not the best use of my time.

Posts 32
Chuck Alford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:41 PM

Thanks. I am going to change it soon since the season is ending. I was hoping that we could have won today, oh well. I am originally from the Baton Rouge area now living in South Carolina.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:52 PM

Chuck Alford:
Aside. I didn't think this promotion was the best idea because it strains the office support unnecessarily, and it leaves the customer base wondering why things had to be kept behind closed doors. It reminds me of a car salesman going to the sales manager's office asking for a discount that's not going to go below commission plus cost. I understand that a company has to make money to stay in business, and a company has to keep its customer base happy. It would have made more sense to offer a scaled discount savings

I have a friend who does traveling sales, every couple of years his region has what they call a "Garage Sale". They rent out a hall somewhere, and fill it with overstock items, close-outs, discontinued products, and everything else that has been sitting on a shelf for some time. Then he sends out personal invitations to his customers, who come in droves to buy at the event.

When I found out that the prices at the "sale" really weren't much better than he could offer them everyday, I asked him why they even bother having the event. He then showed me a two inch stack of receipts, and said "This pile here is just the people who never buy anything from me normally..."

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 584
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:54 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:
I know they won't be answering my call at 10PM EST on a Saturday night...

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I got my response at 7:04pm PST today (sent my e-mail 1:52pm Friday).  I called a little while ago and the sales rep answered. I got my 3 picks and they're downloading now. Smile

Posts 1477
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:58 PM

Paul Golder:

I have a friend who does traveling sales, every couple of years his region has what they call a "Garage Sale". They rent out a hall somewhere, and fill it with overstock items, close-outs, discontinued products, and everything else that has been sitting on a shelf for some time. Then he sends out personal invitations to his customers, who come in droves to buy at the event.

When I found out that the prices at the "sale" really weren't much better than he could offer them everyday, I asked him why they even bother having the event. He then showed me a two inch stack of receipts, and said "This pile here is just the people who never buy anything from me normally..."

Thanks Paul for sharing that it put a smile on my face.

Posts 32
Chuck Alford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:11 PM

Paul Golder:

I asked him why they even bother having the event. He then showed me a two inch stack of receipts, and said "This pile here is just the people who never buy anything from me normally..."

Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:41 PM

I got fantastic deals with the Black Friday sale.

I got a Collection I've been eyeballing (~ $700 regular price) as well as a Commentary set I wanted (~ $400 regular price). I added the Demons and Deities Dictionary to round out the package.

My final price for over $1200 worth of resources just barely broke $500... ELATED!! Bought all three and am now merging the indexes Smile

Thanks Logos!!

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:15 PM

I got 30%, 30% and 40%.  Not earth-shaking, but good enough  to help me buy.  Thanks Logos!

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:55 PM

I got 56%, 42% and about 14% off. I bought the first two, which happened to be public domain titles. The latter one was not. I figured I got the higher discount for the public domain works because from Logos' perspective there are no royalties and the labor that they put into producing the titles is sunk.

Posts 3693
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 10:19 PM

Bill Anderson:
I got 56%, 42% and about 14% off. I bought the first two, which happened to be public domain titles. The latter one was not. I figured I got the higher discount for the public domain works because from Logos' perspective there are no royalties and the labor that they put into producing the titles is sunk.

Receive 10% off and 30% off - I missed that my third was still on prepub (ouch!).  I think I will have to bypass the offers this time.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 17
Rebecca RG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:01 PM

Questions!  Questions!  and in the middle of a weekend night, too...

Can someone tell me whether the Judaism & Christianity Collection is useful or interesting?

How about the Sheffield Reader Collection?  Is there some other JSOT/JSNT collection of intermediate price (not in Portfolio) that would be better?

What do you recommend:  SESB 3.0 regular? or SESB 3.0 for Logos?

Thanks for the help.  This thread has already helped me a lot!  

Rebecca

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:45 PM

Thomas Black:

You guys are officially hired to be on my PR team.  LOL.

Of course it's a non-paid position so...... 

Surely you can afford to pay us out of the amount you've saved!  Maybe Mrs. Black will come round if you offer her the privilege of a peek at the resources when you're not using them....  

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 1:55 AM

For me the choice of three was easy ... I have had my eye on these for a long time ... but can barely keep up with my growing pre-pub dependency to ever think of buying other resources as well. Embarrassed

As it happens, one was Lexham (Logos in-house) and one was part of the Platinum package (discountable, at least within that package, but therefore an amenable publisher).

I was offered between 33% (Lexham) to 20% discount, better than nothing but not stunning.

A tricky decision ... I still do not like the 'private deal, car salesman' approach of having your own personal dealer, it still seems 'dishonest'. Let me make it clear that I do not believe it to be, but here in the UK, prices are prices, public, open and fair. The only places were bartering is general practice are used car sales, house sales, double glazing and builders. All of whom have a poor reputation.

I also find it curious that, on this thread, nobody, including myself, has actually put much up by way of concrete $ prices for specific resources. I am not aware of any prohibition but I am following the convention that has appeared within this thread. This is by way of an observation more than anything.

Will I take up any of the offers? Mrs. F says yes, I am not so sure.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 3:56 AM

Matthew C Jones:
I'm interested in Baker & ICC. So I have been watching this thread hoping to learn something before I expend my three wishes on something I can't have....

Got my email overnight. No discounts available on the Baker and ICC titles I selected.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:09 AM

I decided to shoot for the moon--The Portfolio Package. The Grand Savings--drumroll please.....................................$14.50.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:31 AM

Bill Anderson:

I got 56%, 42% and about 14% off. I bought the first two, which happened to be public domain titles.

I got 16% on a PD title.  Still scratching my head on this one.  I definitely would have purchased if there was a big discount.  Now, not so sure.

Linden

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:39 AM

Brad Fry:

I decided to shoot for the moon--The Portfolio Package. The Grand Savings--drumroll please.....................................$14.50.

Ouch.  I shot high myself and went for Platinum.  If the results are the same here, now I wish I had not gone for a base package upgrade...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Page 7 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS