Biblia Beta 19 release notes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 29 2010 11:52 AM

Features

• At long last, added the ability to read a resource in single-pane or fullscreen view.
  • The split-panes are no longer restricted by type.  It is now possible to open any type of resource in either pane.  This makes things like reading through two Bibles simultaneously possible.
  • Added multi-reference passage view.  URLs such as http://biblia.com/bible/jn3.16;10.27-28;Rm8.1 (i.e. multiple references separated by semicolons) now work.
  • The reading plan notification count now indicates how many reading plan sessions behind you are, instead of how many reading sessions you have.
  • Restyled panel toolbars and sidebar

Bug fixes

• Resources with no references/headwords are now able to sync their position

General notes

• You may notice that the table of contents and linking buttons are no longer immediately visible on the toolbar.  These have been moved to the new panel menu which is accessed by clicking the cover image at the leftmost part of the toolbar.  This is also where the new pane resizing options are.
  • The items which were formerly in the now non-existent footer were moved to the home tab of the sidebar under the 'About Biblia' section.  
Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 12:21 PM

Fantastic functionality! 

The screen seems to flicker a lot more when I change resources.  It first blanks the content pane, and then it redraws the whole screen twice.  I'm running Firefox.

Any ETA on getting a ToC in the mobile view?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19
Edward Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 12:23 PM

Wow, these added features, REALLY improve the usefullness of Biblia...THANK YOU!!!...I especially love the multi-reference passage view.

BTW...I wonder what the coming soon feature next the the search icon will be.  I hope it is real time chat with screen sharing for virtual group bible study  :)

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:51 AM

Thank you. Biblia is certainly heading in the right direction.

I have, however, hit three problems in viewing the new version of the site on my Kindle:

1. Once I go to the full-screen view, I have no way of getting out of it or navigating. I cannot get the cursor to go up to the controls at the top: on reaching the top of the text pane it simply scrolls the text. I think I could get to the controls if I went right to the top of the text, but that would mean scrolling back 500 pages. In the multi-pane views I can simply move the cursor to the side to get out of the text pane. In the full-screen view I think I need a narrow strip on the left side that allows me to get out of the text pane and move my cursor to the controls at the top.

2. On entering the full-screen view I seem to move back about 50 pages and, because of problem 1, the only way to get back to where I was reading is to page down a few hundred times. This may only be when I have the text size increased, but is such a faff that I haven't experimented fully yet.

3. Pop-ups often fall off the edge of the screen. They are not confined to the text pane that I am reading. Presumably in full-screen view the other panes are still there but hidden, and the page is displaying the pop-up over one of the invisible panes.

Any help is appreciated.

Posts 2689
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:14 PM

It's really starting to look very professional. Thank you guys for all your hard work. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:16 PM

Wow - brilliant stuff! Hopefully there'll be some font (and font-size) changes coming too...

PS: Updated the chrome/firefox/opera/safari extensions for font-size to work with the new layout:

Firefox/Safari/Opera: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81940

Chrome: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88099

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:18 PM

Oops - that chrome link is actually: Chrome: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88099

(Edited post above to fix it too!)

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:35 PM

Not sure if it's new in this release - but I've just noticed the "Back" and "Forwards" buttons. What can I say - BRILLIANT! (Especially when comparing two different Bible versions).

And have just noticed that I can open Bible's in the right hand pane. Thanks Biblia - this is really getting to be a *very* polished piece of technology!

Posts 153
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:02 PM

I use this almost daily on my old G4 Mac.... Very nicely done.... keep going....

Posts 153
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:04 PM

And there are now new versions available too! Awesome! Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS