Anyone else get cyber Monday Weirdness???

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:25 PM

I requested a price on Thru the Bible Commentary (I did state I know i could get it significantly cheaper from Word Search, but that if the price was reasonable I would still prefer to get it for Logos). And rather than giving me the sale price to let me decide for myself.... I get "Dear Mr. Francis,

You’ll probably want to purchase this one from Wordsearch L"

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:47 PM

Dear Mr. Francis try googling Mcgee lifeworks before purchasing from wordsearch. This is the 60 volume set instead of the 5 volume set.

Sorry about the Dear Mr. Francis it was just too funny.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:47 PM

Dan Francis:
if the price was reasonable I would still prefer to get it for Logos

Are you aware Nelson has been publishing their eBible series in Libronix format for years? That includes Thru the Bible Commentary.

All their products can be used with Logos 4 but have to be installed from CD into Libronix first, then update the licenses.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:54 PM

Scott Warren:
try googling Mcgee lifeworks before purchasing from wordsearch. This is the 60 volume set instead of the 5 volume set.

We had this discussion last January and as best as I recall, there was determined to be no difference content wise between the 5 volume hardback set and the 60 volume paperback set.   See the thread here:   http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10245.aspx

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 11:20 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Scott Warren:
try googling Mcgee lifeworks before purchasing from wordsearch. This is the 60 volume set instead of the 5 volume set.

We had this discussion last January and as best as I recall, there was determined to be no difference content wise between the 5 volume hardback set and the 60 volume paperback set.   See the thread here:   http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10245.aspx

Thanks for the mind boggling heads up (let's toss other stuff in and sell it for 1/3 the price, and yes i realize it was the publishers edition, not Logos, but still makes me shake my head.)... Unfortunately it has been discontinued, and if I can't use it on my iphone I would just as soon save the hassle and get it from a competitor. Does anyone own the lifeworks CD and have it working fine on an iphone/ipad (The Thru the Bible Commentary Part)????

-Dan

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:32 AM

Dan Francis:
Does anyone own the lifeworks CD and have it working fine on an iphone/ipad (The Thru the Bible Commentary Part)????

Yes Dan. I can see the McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary on my iPhone.

Bohuslav

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 1:04 AM

Dan Francis:
Unfortunately it has been discontinued, and if I can't use it on my iphone I would just as soon save the hassle and get it from a competitor. Does anyone own the lifeworks CD and have it working fine on an iphone/ipad (The Thru the Bible Commentary Part)????

I do not have an iPhone so I can not address that part. Just because something is out of print does not mean it is unavailable. What you are looking for is available. You just need to do a little searching. I will caution you not to buy a used copy. It is doubtful the seller will be able to deliver a transferable license at an affordable price.

Again, just spend a little time searching for that elusive treasure and you will not be disappointed.

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:28 PM

Well i found the life works for $40 (had i been 1 day quicker 9 hours actually i could have got it for $22), and now i see Thru the Bible is on Sale now for $90. All in all a very happy ending.  Although regular price i think has been moved up.

-Dan

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:44 PM

Dan Francis:

I requested a price on Thru the Bible Commentary (I did state I know i could get it significantly cheaper from Word Search, but that if the price was reasonable I would still prefer to get it for Logos). And rather than giving me the sale price to let me decide for myself.... I get "Dear Mr. Francis,

Wow, really? This seems to be contradictory to what Dan Pritchett has said

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 9:45 PM

Paul Golder:

Dan Francis:

Wow, really? This seems to be contradictory to what Dan Pritchett has said

Yes well I got an email from Dan P. stating their prices were more or less set by Nelson and there would be no way of lowering them, but he would pass along my comments to head of sales.... I am just glad to see they reconsidered pricing.  I mean it may just be a temporary sale, but people can get this wonderful resource for a competitive pricing. I do honestly think Logos tries to do their best and we can always help by encouraging them to do their best in pricing (I am not sure if they had more wiggle room on pricing than they said or if it was just a matter of contacting Nelson to ask for the ability to offer more competitive pricing). 

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS