Copying chapters in Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 2 2010 7:36 AM

Is there an easier way to copy a chapter out of a commentary to paste in word. 

I like to copy all the relevant chapters in my commentaries and paste them in word so I can print them out and read them while scribbling notes all over them. The way I've been doing it is to highlight the entire section by scrolling down then copying and pasting.

I know on bibles you can right click next to the start of a chapter and copy the whole chapter. That does not work in commentaries. Is there an easier way to do this.

I need to print this way so when I don't have access to my computer I can study. Such as lunch breaks at work. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 7:44 AM

Open the commentary, press CTRL + P (this will take you to the print screen) on the left should be a Table of contents. right click on the chapter you want to print and select "select all sub sections". on the left you should see "copy to clipboard". Then that and then paste into word.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 7:45 AM

Are you aware that you can print directly out of Logos?  You don't have to select before you print because you can pick the sections to print in the Print window:

If you really want to use Word to print, then you can use the various Export links on the lower right to get it there.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 7:48 AM

As an FYI you can only print 100 pages at a time from Logos Print/export command (if you can tweak the layout, columns etc., to get more info on a page, you can print more too).

As another alternative that works in manually copying, left-click at the beginning of the area to copy, scroll to wherever the end of the desired range is, hold down the shift-key and left click there - the whole area becomes highlighted without having to hold the mouse button down while you scroll to the bottom!

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 9:01 AM

Thanks that did exactly what I needed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS