What are today's updates?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:23 PM

I just received two updates today. Anyone know what is being updated?

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:26 PM

I just saw that 4.2 was released - that would be one of them.  A RC was sent out earlier, but unless you were on the beta channel, you would not have received it.  Now it is available to those of us on the stable update channel.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:38 PM

I also received a 930 mb update. Have any ideas what that might include. I really wish Logos would inform us about these updates. Thanks, Steve

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:48 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

I also received a 930 mb update. Have any ideas what that might include. I really wish Logos would inform us about these updates. Thanks, Steve

If you have version 4.2, then there is a "Last Updated" column in the library window now.  You can click on it to sort by it.  Make sure you scroll up to the top to see the latest updates after you've sorted.  (If you don't see that column, you may have to enable it by right-clicking on the column headers and checking it.)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 4:22 PM

Steven L. Spencer:
I also received a 930 mb update.

I can't find the thread but some resources were updated in 4.2 Beta testing so come with the new version.

EDIT: Found the thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/25608.aspx

Steven L. Spencer:
I really wish Logos would inform us about these updates.

I agree. There could be a separate forum just dedicated to posting the updates so they are more visible.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 346
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:24 PM

Todd Phillips:
If you have version 4.2, then there is a "Last Updated" column in the library window now

I don't see it, maybe it's still coming on the 4.2 Gold?

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:31 PM

Ralph Mauch:
I don't see it,

You have to add it to your Library headers. Be sure you are not in book cover view, but list or column view, right click in the column header area and select 'Last Updated'.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:13 PM

Todd Phillips:
If you have version 4.2, then there is a "Last Updated" column in the library window now.  You can click on it to sort by it.  Make sure you scroll up to the top to see the latest updates after you've sorted.  (If you don't see that column, you may have to enable it by right-clicking on the column headers and checking it.)

I can see the column - but I see no data in it.  Now that I have 4.2, do I need to wait until some resource actually updates?  Or should it show the last time every resource was updated? 

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:19 PM

Floyd, Peace to you!  And Joy!   *smile*

One has to look at the scroll bar.  Then one notices that there is a bit of a gap between where the "bump" is and the top part of the scroll bar.  Push that "bump" up to the top, and you will lo and behold the updates.

*smile*

It's weird that this happens every time.  But, it is what it is!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:25 PM

Got it - thanks.  The "bump" (at least to me) looks like the up arrow at the top of the scroll bar.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 346
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:11 PM

Mark A. Smith:
You have to add it to your Library headers

Thanks Mark, Floyd, and Charles... I have it. Now, can we sort by this?

Blessings

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:50 PM

Ralph Mauch:
Thanks Mark, Floyd, and Charles... I have it. Now, can we sort by this?

Yes - just click on the column header. But it cannot be used as a search field in Library or Collections.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:27 PM

Thanks all for the information given here, it really helped me to find my way with these updates and have sorted things out now.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 1:27 AM

Thanks for this thread.  I'm now updating - presumably 4.2, tho I wish they'd tell us when it's coming out and what is updating.  I have my 3 votes on that in Uservoice   Sad

Posts 346
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:21 PM

Dave Hooton:
just click on the column header

Works wonderful! Thanks Dave, and thanks Logos for taking the guess work out on at least one aspect of the downloads. Very Nice!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS