Logos 4.2 indexing bug

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 7 2010 7:07 PM

Today, after my Logos 4 software downloaded the 4.2 update and some upgraded books, ithe indexer began as usual.  After a few minutes, a window popped up: "Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has unexpectedly stopped working" (I'm running Windows 7).  I've restarted Logos 4.  I've rebooted the computer.  Each time, after a few minutes, my Indexer crashes.  I tried typing "rebuild index" in the Command box.  Crash again.  Any ideas????? 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 7:10 PM

Enable diagnostic logging and post your logs here (in zip format to post all of them at once.

The instructions for enabling and posting those logs can be found here.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:03 AM

3808.Log Files.zip

Here are my logs.  Thanks for your help!

Mark

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:16 AM

The error is associated with KJV1900 Reverse Interlinear, so i would like you to try:

• delete KJV1900.logos4, KJV1900NT.lbsrvi, & KJV1900OT.lbsrvi from C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\o1wezhps.o0m\ResourceManager\Resources  (use Folder Options in Control Panel to view hidden files and folders)
  • restart Logos4

This should download KJV1900 and start indexing.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:03 AM

6201.Log Files.zip

I tried this.  The indexer starts running as soon as I boot up, and it still crashes.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:38 AM

Mark Nolette:

6201.Log Files.zip

I tried this.  The indexer starts running as soon as I boot up, and it still crashes.

It looks to me like the ReverseInterlinear database is corrupt. This is in the ReverseInterlinearManager folder (Logos4\Data\[random string]\ReverseInterlinearManager).

Note that this may not be the only database that is corrupt, and it may not be your only issue (you could have a corrupt resource file as well). Your options are to, close L4, ensure that the indexer is not running and then delete this database (reverseinterlinearmanager.db), to delete all the databases (look through the parallel folders under Data\[random string] for files with a db extension, and delete them all), wait to see if Dave H. has a better suggestion, or to contact tech support and see if they can help you.

If you do delete all these databases, restarting Logos will give you the message "Preparing Library; This could take a while." If you have a very large library, just this part of the process can take a few hours. Indexing will follow that taking many more hours. So do this when you're not planning to use Logos. (Logos can be used when indexing is incomplete, though your searches that address non-indexed resources will be incomplete.)

My 2 cents.

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:00 AM

Thanks for your two cents!

I deleted reverseinterlinearmanager.db, and the indexer crashed almost immediately when I ran Logos.  I've attached my new log files. 

4214.Log Files.zip

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:15 AM

Mark Nolette:

Thanks for your two cents!

I deleted reverseinterlinearmanager.db, and the indexer crashed almost immediately when I ran Logos.  I've attached my new log files. 

4214.Log Files.zip

Here's a significant report from your indexer crash report:

Error ID: 4418
Error detail: ArgumentException: The index file is locked.

Try restarting Windows, this should release any handles on that file. Turn off "on access" (AKA "real time") anti-virus scanning, in the unlikely event that your anti-virus isn't releasing the file handle. Then open Logos4. See if that helps.

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:56 AM

6557.Log Files.zip

I've solved the "locked" problem, but not the indexer problem!  Thanks for any more "cents" you have to offer!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 12:22 PM

Mark Nolette:

6557.Log Files.zip

I've solved the "locked" problem, but not the indexer problem!  Thanks for any more "cents" you have to offer!

I think this may require a tech to fix. It looks again like a reverse interlinear issue, but I'm not able to identify if it's a resource or the database.

Also logging is not enabled, so I could only get current info from your indexer crash report.

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 12:43 PM

4645.Log Files.zip

OK, let me try this again!   Logging is enabled now.  See if this helps.  I've also e-mailed tech support, but haven't heard from them yet.

Thanks,  Mark

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 12:51 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the logs. We've seen this problem more than once since the recent resource download. It appears that the reverse interlinear is out of sync with the surface text. Running the "update resources" command may fix the problem.

If it doesn't,  close Logos 4, and navigate to your "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\o1wezhps.o0m\ResourceManager\Downloaded" folder to see if the redownloaded KJV1900 files, which were deleted, are stuck in that folder.  If the files are there, go back to the ResourceManager folder, delete the ResourceManager.db file, and restart Logos 4. If they aren't there, go to the \ResourcesManager\Resources folder and see if the KJV1900 files are there and check the file dates.

Thanks.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 1:07 PM

Melissa Snyder:
Thanks.

Thanks Melissa for jumping in here. This was starting to look out of my league.

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:37 PM

Hi, Melissa,

Thanks for your help.  I'm not there yet.  Let me tell you where I am so far.

1) I ran the "update resources" command.  It downloaded about 100mb of files, then began indexing.  After 10-15 minutes, the indexer crashed.

2)  I navigated to the Downloaded folder you suggested.  The KJV1900 file was there.  I then deleted Resourcemanager.db and restarted Logos.  The indexer again crashed. 

3)  I also went to the Resources folder to check the KJV1900 files.  They are there now, and their dates are November 2, 2010. 

My latest log files are attached.  Thanks again, Mark

0172.Log Files.zip

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:04 PM

Mark, I've looked at your logs and whatever is happening, it seems to be the same issue, though perhaps with different resources.

The indexer seems to say that there was a problem with The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint (Alternative Texts) (OTGRKSWETEALT), but the error looks like a reverse interlinear error and that resources isn't a reverse interlinear!

Here's the message from the indexer Log:

2010-12-08 17:26:02.6322    10    Info    BibleIndex    (Timed) Indexing LLS:OTGRKSWETEALT
2010-12-08 17:26:02.8192    8    Error    Program    Unhandled exception: Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Logos.IndexingException: No translation word for specified document position

Then after a description of the issue, indexing continues for this resource.

The Indexer crash log says basically the same thing (though it doesn't doesn't identify a resource).

Methinks this is a higher level issue than I know how to deal with. Hopefully a tech can get back to you.

I also think that this release has exposed some other errors in the resource databases, because you aren't the only one dealing with this issue. Hopefully a fix is in the works and will be coming soon.

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:24 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
The indexer seems to say that there was a problem with The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint (Alternative Texts) (OTGRKSWETEALT), but the error looks like a reverse interlinear error and that resources isn't a reverse interlinear!

The resource on the Error thread 8 is the NASB95 which is a RevInt (it started indexing earlier).

There's also a problem with the KJV1900  -->

Info    Program    Checking resource ID 'RVI:KJV1900NT' for update .....

Error    LogosResourceIndexer    Unable to open Reverse Interlinear resource RVI:KJV1900NT

Time for  Technical Support to have a look!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 6:44 PM

My problem is now fixed! 

When I went back to Logos this evening, I had this idea that I should try the "update resources" command one more time.  So, I did.  It downloaded 200MB of updated files, and then the indexer came on.  And it wasn't crashing.  It ran for about an hour and a half, and ended normally.  I can't explain how or why this worked.  But it did. 

All is well in my Logos-land once again!  Thanks for the time and effort all of you put in to help me!

Mark

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:33 PM

Mark Nolette:
All is well in my Logos-land once again!

Well done Mark!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Eddie Beal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 7:11 AM

Thanks for the help in this thread. I was having the same problem as Mark but this fixed it. My exact method:

Deleted the resource files and all files in the downloaded folder

Started Logos and let it redownload

After indexing failed, deleted the ResourceManager.db file

Started Logos and indexed fine.

Posts 4
Gary Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 2:53 AM

Thanks Eddie,

This cured my indexing problem.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS