Bug - Popup conflict

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 12 2010 4:14 AM

When your mouse hovers over a book tab, a popup appears giving some information about that book.  I've found one case where this popup appears when it shouldn't, a bug I can reliably reproduce.  Hover cursor over tab, see popup appear, click on the blue book icon, see library popup window appear put cursor over the search area, start typing the name of a book in your library, and observe the book tab popup appear *over* the library window.

Seems like a simple fix.  If the library window (or any other window is activated), disable the book tab popups.

I recall there was some lively debate about these popups.  Did Logos ever implement the option to turn them off?  I hope so; they annoy me daily.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 4:53 AM

With the same setup you show in your screenshot, I cannot make the popup appear no matter what I do. I am running 4.2a Beta 2. If you are on the stable channel, perhaps this has been fixed in the Beta. Otherwise I cannot duplicate your problem.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:59 AM

Using 4.2a Beta 2, able to open BDAG in a tab - hover mouse over tab title to display resource pop-up (nice - especially when covers displayed) - pop-up disappears after moving mouse.  Able to partially replicate - hover mouse over tab - use keyboard shortcut CMD+L to open Library in floating window (pop-up in front) - move mouse => pop-up disappears.

Caveat: Mac Beta forum has several 4.2a Bug threads.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 12:33 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Able to partially replicate - hover mouse over tab - use keyboard shortcut CMD+L to open Library in floating window (pop-up in front) - move mouse => pop-up disappears.

I did not try it that way. Why keep the mouse pointer over a tab if you want to do anything besides read the popup? Of course, you could have just brought that tab to the front, but I do not leave the mouse there after I do.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS