Why less women?

Page 4 of 15 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 281 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2130
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 5:46 PM

Dan DeVilder:
tell me what your avatar is?

I think I got it from Office 2007.  You can find a bigger picture on my website http://www.believershome.com/html/christian_brethren.html and a bigger picture in the pdf file "The pilgrim;s plough I" on the website.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:00 PM

Mark:

Dan DeVilder:
tell me what your avatar is?

I think I got it from Office 2007.  You can find a bigger picture on my website http://www.believershome.com/html/christian_brethren.html and a bigger picture in the pdf file "The pilgrim;s plough I" on the website.

didn't know it was there. I like it.

Interesting bio.  Tried to figure out how to email you.  Couldn't.  Have been pondering an MA in TESOL.  Wondering about it career wise (not secondary ed, more adult classes)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2130
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:09 PM

Dan DeVilder:
Tried to figure out how to email you.

If you sign the guest book at believershome, I can email you back. I you dont want your signed guestbook on the website, I will get your email sent to me and then I can delete your post without it ever showing in the guest book. If that makes sense, that is the way to get an email to me.  Then I can email you back and we will have a connection.  For privacy reasons, I would rather do it this way.

Posts 1657
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:03 PM

Dan DeVilder:
My wife doesn't.  She avoids it like the plague.  Seems too complicated and overwhelming for her to even look into (and this is a woman who was tops in her class and aced anatomy, biology, etc etc.

Same here. My wife is a nurse, artistic and an artist. Creates slides, does powerpoint presentations etc. Also can program and repair computers.

Her opinion of both Libronix 3 and Logos 4 has NOTHING to do with the wide variety of resources (and yes she had her own subscription and copy etc which she finally scrubbed from the computer)

Quote: "totally non-intuitive"

And as she "has a life" and is not a "geek" she has NO time for Videos or "Morris" etc.

As for Biblia.com, don't even ask...you don't want to go  there...

Oh well

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:04 PM

tom collinge:

I hope that we do not hear the same sexist statements made here like what is being posted on Facebook.

This is a very valid question that I believe only women can answer.  

I find those comments very very sexist.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 10:57 PM

SteveF:

My wife feels the same way. She's perfectly competent with computers, and uses Adobe Premiere, which I won't even go near. But Logos doesn't seem to make sense to her. She could learn it, if she took the time, but she finds it a lot quicker to ask me to get something done for her whenever she needs it. Smile

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:14 AM

It's interesting that we seem to be going against the trend. I am the Logos user in our family while my husband prefers paper based books and Bibles for studying.

Blessings to all

Sue

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:11 AM

Jonathan Burke:
but she finds it a lot quicker to ask me to get something done for her whenever she needs it.

lol, hilarious!  Smile  I can relate!

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:15 AM

Sue McIntyre:
I am the Logos user in our family while my husband prefers paper

well GOOD FOR YOU, Sue!!!  Big Smile  

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:35 AM

SteveF:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't even be that kind. I'd call it totally counter-intuitive. At least for someone like me who's always been on Mac. I don't know what it's like if you're used to the Windows way of doing things.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 11:51 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Jonathan Burke:
but she finds it a lot quicker to ask me to get something done for her whenever she needs it.

lol, hilarious!  Smile  I can relate!

Sounds familiar. Cool

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 11:59 AM

fgh:

SteveF:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't even be that kind. I'd call it totally counter-intuitive. At least for someone like me who's always been on Mac. I don't know what it's like if you're used to the Windows way of doing things.

I do not believe it is a windows/mac thing.  I have said more than once, "I do not know what this is telling me."  I have read some Logos power users postings say, "it is unusual behavior" and "It is not intuitive at all."  How many times has it been said that Logos has a huge learning curve?

All of the ladies that I know who are ordained and use computer software with their study use Bible Works.  Why is this? Is it the cost?  Is it the UI?  The next time I see one of them I am going to ask because I am now curious.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:17 PM

could have been what was used in their seminary

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:34 PM

Maybe we are all being a little myopic. Truth be known, there are probably as many different types of women users/non-users as there are men. To announce a single reason why some women don't use Logos is like Mattell marketing the mathematically challenged Barbie doll.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 3:43 PM

My wife and I are both in seminary (actually I just finished my last class). When there is a required book I am disappointed if it isn't available in LOGOS. My wife will order a hard copy, even if we already own it in LOGOS. Sad

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 4:05 PM

tom collinge:

All of the ladies that I know who are ordained and use computer software with their study use Bible Works.  

It would be interesting to see the actual stats for users of other Bible software programs. Most of the Bible Works users I know are men, but where I went to seminary the platform that gets pushed most is Accordance. 

My personal feeling is that Logos is the best of the lot in terms of breadth and depth of resources offered, but having started with Libronix/L3, I know my wife didn't like the usability of it. She does use my Logos 4 more now, and likes it a lot more. She still asks me a lot of questions about how to use it, but then again she hasn't fiddled around with the program nearly as much as I have.

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 5:28 PM

fgh:

I actually find Logos 4 highly intuitive. When I want to do something, it usually turns out that the way I think it can be done is the way it can be done.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 176
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:46 PM

Dan DeVilder:
this is descending into a touchy theological discussion that is not conducive to the Logos forum policies or medium

Or perhaps, ascending into a touchy theological discussion?

Bill Coley

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:13 PM

As long as this thread doesn't descend into Hawkeye mutual appreciation, I thoroughly approve Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:35 PM

SteveF:
And as she "has a life" and is not a "geek"

Huh?   Geeks have lives. Geeked I have been known to sit in bed with my laptop for days on end. Now if that isn't the "life of Reily" I don't know what would be.

Did you know Logos can read you to sleep?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 4 of 15 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS