I am curious to know How much dollars some one could have invested to logos Bible software.

Page 3 of 5 (100 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 99 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 21 2010 6:09 AM

Jack Caviness:
$12K+ looks like a lot or money to me, but then the US Government spends more than that every second, and mine was spent for useful things

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 21 2010 4:30 PM

Matthew C Jones:
God has met all my needs and many of my wants. I certainly have been blessed with more Logos than I need.

God bless you all,it was a great thanks giving.I am so blessed by every statement you have made. To God be the glory.We thank God for Logos.and it is my prayer to do more blessings.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 41
Todd Beall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 21 2010 11:44 PM

Great answer!

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 5:03 PM

Todd Beall:

Great answer!

Thank you Todd.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 437
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 10:39 PM

If the question could be rephrased, How many books are enough?  Just one more book!!!

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:38 AM

Mathew Haferkamp:

If the question could be rephrased, How many books are enough?  Just one more book!!!

But then, did you hear about the new book that's about to be released that's even better?

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:45 AM

Sometimes I think many of us are insane! But this stuff is so good! And, of course, it's only money! Ha!

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 24 2010 5:11 AM

Danny Baskin:

Sometimes I think many of us are insane! But this stuff is so good! And, of course, it's only money! Ha!

You are right.When it is about purchasing resources ,which are essential for my studies  I could see that money submits to the purpose of its meaning.

Praise the Lord.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 17
Matt W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 25 2010 8:00 AM

Even with the Platinum package and a few commentaries, it is only a small fraction of what I pay for seminary.  I don't know how I got through my classes before logos.

I get so much more out of class when I can look up commentaries and original languages on the spot.  I love the efficiency and ease of being able to search 4-5 of the top commentaries for a particular passage in the time it takes my profs to find the right book on the shelf.  This software has saved me countless hours in studies and pastoral duties.  I have spent thousands, but when I factor in the time saved and the edge it gives me in class, I have saved much more.

Merry Christmas!

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 25 2010 11:17 AM

Matt W:

Even with the Platinum package and a few commentaries, it is only a small fraction of what I pay for seminary.  I don't know how I got through my classes before logos.

I get so much more out of class when I can look up commentaries and original languages on the spot.  I love the efficiency and ease of being able to search 4-5 of the top commentaries for a particular passage in the time it takes my profs to find the right book on the shelf.  This software has saved me countless hours in studies and pastoral duties.  I have spent thousands, but when I factor in the time saved and the edge it gives me in class, I have saved much more.

Merry Christmas!

I have been using quickvese and Pc study Bible ,they are good,but the time I have seen and started to use logos ,I could only express my amazement .  just like queen Sheba,What she said ,when she saw  the wisdom of King Solomon.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2589
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 25 2010 8:22 PM

More then a new car cost back in 1972!

Posts 2970
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 25 2010 9:35 PM

A lot, but buying good books  (if they are used) is one of the greatest investments one can make...buying them in Logos makes the investment all that much more worthwhile. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 12:14 AM

Jacob Hantla:
buying good books  (if they are used)

Jacob Hantla:
buying them in Logos makes the investment all that much more worthwhile. 

Hi, Jacob your are right ,buying with purpose is the most important.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 8:08 AM

With Logos resources my wants are unlimited,but I am strugling to limit and try to ingnore the advertising being made.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 8:30 AM

Currently at $4938.43 and I have the Plat package with a lot more addon resources I have acquired. My CP and Prepub total around 11k and I am not sure I will get all those resources.. some I do.. others I delete.

I am a student attending a very demanding program and I have to say Logos Bible Software has helped me tremendously with academic papers. I cannot recall any paper I have written for school that did not have Logos resources cited in it. In a hermeneutics class I needed a certain amount of commentaries in the last 50 years. While the students ran wild in the library I just opened up my Logos and found the commentaries I needed. I will continue to support Logos in all my endeavors and I hope to do business with them for many years to come.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:14 AM

Matthew Hamrick:

Currently at $4938.43 and I have the Plat package with a lot more addon resources I have acquired. My CP and Prepub total around 11k and I am not sure I will get all those resources.. some I do.. others I delete.

I am a student attending a very demanding program and I have to say Logos Bible Software has helped me tremendously with academic papers. I cannot recall any paper I have written for school that did not have Logos resources cited in it. In a hermeneutics class I needed a certain amount of commentaries in the last 50 years. While the students ran wild in the library I just opened up my Logos and found the commentaries I needed. I will continue to support Logos in all my endeavors and I hope to do business with them for many years to come.

I have over $14,000 listed on the orders page with items which aren't there since they were purchased prior to the time when they began their list.  Add to that the fact that there are a number of resources I have passed up -- some because I don't want them but others because I couldn't afford them at the time they were offered on prepub -- and I have a considerable quantity of items that I have or would have purchased.  Some have much more since I'm fussy about what I buy (generally, but not always).  You might as "Sweet Rosie O'Grady" Wink since I think she gets almost everything.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:13 PM

Hi Tes,

Greetings in Jesus' Name. Wonderful Name.

I must say that Logos is divinely sent by the Lord to those who know a good tool in the study of Scriptures. To me, it is so valuable, it has no  value in dollars. This said, I've invested in this tool in ten years close to $7,000, not including the bids I have pending which add up close to $700.00! In addition I also have about another $1,300 in "gathering interest" and "under contract" resources. Bless the Name of Jesus.

To God be the glory!! I started with Logos 2 (I believe it was called this, it was before Libronix). It has been the Lord who has blessed me with such a tool which I consider it an investment.

I once visited Logos and saw how they prepare this resource. One word for the glory of God: AWESOME.

Blessings to all. . .

Eis Cristos

Al Sosa

Posts 2988
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 1:57 AM

Alfredo Sosa:

Hi Tes,

Greetings in Jesus' Name. Wonderful Name.

I must say that Logos is divinely sent by the Lord to those who know a good tool in the study of Scriptures. To me, it is so valuable, it has no  value in dollars. This said, I've invested in this tool in ten years close to $7,000, not including the bids I have pending which add up close to $700.00! In addition I also have about another $1,300 in "gathering interest" and "under contract" resources. Bless the Name of Jesus.

To God be the glory!! I started with Logos 2 (I believe it was called this, it was before Libronix). It has been the Lord who has blessed me with such a tool which I consider it an investment.

I once visited Logos and saw how they prepare this resource. One word for the glory of God: AWESOME.

Blessings to all. . .

Eis Cristos

Al Sosa

Absolutly ,brother you are right that is why my wants are so great above  my capacity.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2456
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 8:56 PM

I started with a MacArthur Library disc bought from Grace To You. It was $50.  Never planned to go any further. Last fall I decided to try L4Mac while it was still Beta. Never really even knew what I had on the MacArthur disc until then. And L4M was so cool. That did it. Went for Scholar on the payment plan after an agonizing month of trying to raise enough money. I mentioned it to a friend. He sent me a check for the full amount! I've been selling off  my print volumes to help finance my books in Logos. I'm paying off an upgrade to Platinum and WBC. I guess all this is past $2000, but a mere pittance as to it's real value. God's Word is priceless especially when you gain understanding of it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5
Kent Tisdel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 8:40 AM

I have spent around $3,000 US so far and continue to buy titles as they become available. I also have some like William Barclay that are no longer available to the Bible software publishers.

Page 3 of 5 (100 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS