Crash on initial signon ?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 19 2010 10:30 AM

I'm helping a friend by replacing the HD on her laptop with a larger one so she will have room to have Logos on it as well as on her desktop.  The HD replacement went well.

The laptop has 1gb of memory and now has over 100gb of free disk. It is using Windows XP Home SP3.

The problem is that when i install Logos that it crashes during the initial signon.

I've disabled auto-protect in Norton and tried again with the same crash.

I then tried the beta thinking it may have been resolved with it - same crash.

At this point I've uninstalled Logos and the pre-req and then deleted the logos folder.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:40 PM

Reinstall Logos, deleting everything might have solved the problem. If it crashes after re-installing...

Hold down Control as you double click on the Logos icon. When/if the logon screen shows up check the option to load a blank layout when starting.

If it crashes find the logs that the was turned on by starting Logos this way ( http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ) and upload them to the forum.

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 20 2010 8:50 AM

Kevin - thanks.  I had to return the laptop before I could do what you suggest. I will try again once the laptop is available.

Have a very Merry Christmas celebrating the incarnation of our Lord

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:24 AM

3652.Logos4Crash.txt

Kevin - I got the laptop back and tried again with the same problem even using the control key option.  Here are the log files.2475.Logos4.log

Thanks for any advice

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:37 PM

The error your logs show is one that I do not recognize. Unless someone else can suggest a solution your best course of action would be to call Logos tech support. If you're outside of the US, Skype can be used to contact Logos much cheaper than via a regular phone call.

It's been my observation that when Logos can't start and an uninstall/reinstall doesn't work it's frequently a .NET 3.5 problem, you could try reinstalling that, however that is just a blind guess on my part... not really informed by your logs.

Posts 13373
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:38 PM

The error message in the logs is "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation", which is a .NET error. Therefore, I think the first step would be for you to install/repair .NET 2.0 on your computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=5b2c0358-915b-4eb5-9b1d-10e506da9d0f&displaylang=en

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:04 PM

Mark Barnes:
The error message in the logs is "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation", which is a .NET error. Therefore, I think the first step would be for you to install/repair .NET 2.0 on your computer.

2.0? I thought Logos used 3.5.

Posts 13373
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:57 PM

Kevin Becker:

Mark Barnes:

2.0? I thought Logos used 3.5.

I suggested .NET 2.0 because that's what the error looked like to me. After a bit more research, I suspect that this will fix the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2262911

If I'm right, the problem is the ".NET Framework 2.0 feature layer in the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" - hence the confusion.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS