Learn To Use Hebrew / Learn To Use Greek replacement DVDs arrived today

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 847
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 28 2010 9:08 AM

My Learn To Use Hebrew / Learn To Use Greek replacement DVDs arrived today Smile

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 2970
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 9:23 AM

Did you have to request them or were they sent automatically?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 847
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 9:30 AM

Jacob Hantla:

Did you have to request them or were they sent automatically?

I responded to the email and requested them. If you didn't request them via the alert email, you won't get them, I understand; you'll have to download the files per the email.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 9:45 AM

I responded to the email, so we will see if they arrive today when the mail comes.

Posts 1974
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:27 AM

My copy of these videos arrived yesterday.

Posts 218
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:32 AM

I never got an email informing me that replacement DVD's were being offered.

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:49 AM

I must've totally missed something. Why are they sending out replacement DVDs?

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 11:27 AM

I had to send an email to greekhebrewvideos@logos.com using the email address on my Logos account. My videos arrived the other day.

God Bless

Stephen

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 12:49 PM

Danny Baskin:

Danny,

There were some quality control issues with the original release.Emails were sent to those who bought the original release, giving us the option to download the replacements and/or have new DVD's sent.

I downloaded the replacement videos a few weeks ago and received the replacement DVD's yesterday.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 12:59 PM

Dennis Miller:
I never got an email informing me that replacement DVD's were being offered.

My email was received on November 19. The option to request a DVD was good through December 3. A call to CS might determine if a few extras are available if you need one.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 1:24 PM

Otto S. Carroll:

Danny Baskin:

Danny,

There were some quality control issues with the original release.Emails were sent to those who bought the original release, giving us the option to download the replacements and/or have new DVD's sent.

I downloaded the replacement videos a few weeks ago and received the replacement DVD's yesterday.

Thanks, Otto. I just sent them an email.

db

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 4:20 PM

I received mine today.

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 4:43 PM

I haven't received mine yet (unless they arrived today in the mail at home - I'm in my study at church as I write this).  However, I checked the original email I received from Logos notifying me of the updated videos.  It gave me download instructions for the updated files, and also said that Logos would be sending me a new replacement DVD free of charge, to ship in mid-December.  There was no requirement to request a new DVD, just a promise that they would send me one.  The only request was that I verify that the shipping address in my account was correct.  So I'm hoping they will send me a copy of the DVD without my having formally reqested it.  Just have to wait and see.  Smile

Darcy

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 4:45 PM

Is the audio supposed to be better in the Greek video?

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 6:44 PM

Darcy S. Van Horn:
So I'm hoping they will send me a copy of the DVD without my having formally reqested it. 

Your email may have been different from mine, but here is a screen shot of the relevant portion of the email I got:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 53
Paul Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2010 9:18 AM

Darcy i got the same email as you and it didnt say anywhere that i had to request the replacement dvds. This is exactly what my email said...........

You are receiving this email because you have purchased Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software.

http://www.logos.com/product/5876/learn-to-use-biblical-greek-and-hebrew-with-logos-bible-software

We have recently released updates for all the videos.

1. View your orders at https://www.logos.com/user/orders

2. Click on the order number next to Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software. This will take you to the Order Summary page.

3. Scroll to the bottom and download Hebrew-v2.zip, Greek-v2.zip (Part 1), and Greek-v2.zip (Part 2).

4. After you download, unzip the files and move them to the directory where your Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software videos are saved.

We will also send you a new replacement DVD free of charge. New DVDs will ship in mid-December.

Please verify that the shipping address in your account is correct at https://www.logos.com/user/details

Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church, Northern Ireland - Loving, Serving and Sharing Christ.

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:34 AM

I downloaded the videos and unzipped ... all but the last two on the Hebrew file. They are not unpacking and have an error message - something about a corrupt file. I downloaded it twice - but alas, same result. Any ideas anyone? 

Posts 330
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:50 AM

This is a known problem: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/26382/194630.aspx#194630 and http://community.logos.com/forums/p/25074/194635.aspx#194635

I downloaded them too and unzipped them (on my Mac) without problems with Stuffit Expander.

And like Paul there was nothing in my email about the need to request for replacement DVD's. I emailed customer service about this and they were sent to me within the week ! Great service !

Luuk

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:35 PM

Paul Bradley:

Darcy i got the same email as you and it didnt say anywhere that i had to request the replacement dvds. This is exactly what my email said...........

You are receiving this email because you have purchased Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software.

http://www.logos.com/product/5876/learn-to-use-biblical-greek-and-hebrew-with-logos-bible-software

We have recently released updates for all the videos.

1. View your orders at https://www.logos.com/user/orders

2. Click on the order number next to Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software. This will take you to the Order Summary page.

3. Scroll to the bottom and download Hebrew-v2.zip, Greek-v2.zip (Part 1), and Greek-v2.zip (Part 2).

4. After you download, unzip the files and move them to the directory where your Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software videos are saved.

We will also send you a new replacement DVD free of charge. New DVDs will ship in mid-December.

Please verify that the shipping address in your account is correct at https://www.logos.com/user/details

Peace and Joy and Blessing for the New Year!             *smile*

I got the exact same e-mail as you.

Perhaps we got that e-mail because we live outside the United States???

My DVD's came in the mail today, and I will enjoy putting them on my hard drive this evening or early tomorrow morning.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 4:01 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

I got the exact same e-mail as you.

Perhaps we got that e-mail because we live outside the United States???

My DVD's came in the mail today, and I will enjoy putting them on my hard drive this evening or early tomorrow morning.

Mine arrived yesterday.  I think Milford might be right - for those who live outside the U.S. it seems that the DVD's were sent without being requested.

Darcy

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS