Recent file update does not appear to be listed in Libronix 3 resources

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 1 2011 7:08 PM

Noticed in a recent Libronix 3 Resources update that the title The Soul of Science, by Nancy Pearcey and Charles B. Thaxton,  included in my Scholars Gold upgrade a couple of years ago, does not appear in My Library as either an unlocked or locked resource (whether searched for by title or author).  (filename soulsci.lbxlls).  Obviously there and discovered by the resource updater script, but does not list in My Library........ Sad

Interestingly enough it is available to me in Logos 4 (so is obviously unlocked). Smile

Anyone else have this file installed (present in your resources folder), licensed via Scholars Gold but unavailable in Libronix 3 ?

DaveJ 

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 8:11 PM

David J. Wilson:
Anyone else have this file installed (present in your resources folder), licensed via Scholars Gold but unavailable in Libronix 3 ?

I had not run the updater and still had the 2006 version of the file in Libronix. However it did not show up in my library either. It was in my resources folder.

I downloaded the new file from the Logos ftp site but it still does not show up even as a locked file. This points toward some sort of issue with the file itself. Maybe someone from Logos will see this thread and can check to see if the file needs fixing. As you noted it is available and functioning in L4.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 2 2011 4:22 AM

Thanks for the confirmation Mark.  Must be missing some key information on that file.  I wonder if there are others out there like it (obviously not files which anyone has ever used in Libronix 3, which is itself interesting !)

It does not show up for any of my Libronix 3 file versions, the 2006 version, or the one downloaded on Christmas eve, or the latest one downloaded yesterday.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 2 2011 12:44 PM

Peace to you, David and Mark!  *smile*

I have exactly the same experience.

I'd love to know the answer to the puzzle!   *smile*

I have been keeping my L3 up to date so that I can access my PBB books if I so desire, and while I do 99% of my studies on L4, I'd like to keep my L3 perfectly up to date!

Blessings and Joy in the New Year!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 11:28 AM

David J. Wilson:

Noticed in a recent Libronix 3 Resources update that the title The Soul of Science, by Nancy Pearcey and Charles B. Thaxton,  included in my Scholars Gold upgrade a couple of years ago, does not appear in My Library as either an unlocked or locked resource (whether searched for by title or author).  (filename soulsci.lbxlls).  Obviously there and discovered by the resource updater script, but does not list in My Library........ Sad

Interestingly enough it is available to me in Logos 4 (so is obviously unlocked). Smile

DaveJ 

Dave,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue with the resource. I tested this on my computer, and the resource is no longer showing up on my computer after the update as well. Since that is the case,I have notified the department that works with the resources and they will be looking into this.

Thank you!

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 12:00 PM

Hi Deborah:

Just a note, I restored a copy of the 2006 file and THAT did NOT show up either.  Embarrassed

It might not be the only file with such a problem but probably not many would be impacted else we would have heard of it before now....  Confused

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 2:43 PM

David J. Wilson:

Hi Deborah:

Just a note, I restored a copy of the 2006 file and THAT did NOT show up either.  Embarrassed

It might not be the only file with such a problem but probably not many would be impacted else we would have heard of it before now....  Confused

Thank you for informing me of this as well, I have passed this information on as well.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 3:47 PM

Bump

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 9:00 AM

David J. Wilson:

Hi Deborah:

To follow up on this, is "The Soul of Science" still not showing up? If not, enter "SOULSCI" (without the quotes) in the Go box in Libronix, press the Enter button on your keyboard, and after a few seconds, "The Soul of Science" resource should open. If not, let me know and I will look into this further.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 9:29 AM

Deborah Mickens:

David J. Wilson:

Hi Deborah:

To follow up on this, is "The Soul of Science" still not showing up? If not, enter "SOULSCI" (without the quotes) in the Go box in Libronix, press the Enter button on your keyboard, and after a few seconds, "The Soul of Science" resource should open. If not, let me know and I will look into this further.

Peace to you, this day, Deborah.   And Joy!          *smile*

Great idea!            That works!    I can use my resource!                    Thank you!

However, the title does NOT show up in the library.  Nor also the co-authors.  Nor "natural philosophy"!        Got any more ideas???

Maybe I should put a "sticky note" on my monitor so that I know I have this particular resource????             *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 11:15 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Deborah Mickens:

David J. Wilson:

Hi Deborah:

Peace to you, this day, Deborah.   And Joy!          *smile*

Great idea!            That works!    I can use my resource!                    Thank you!

However, the title does NOT show up in the library.  Nor also the co-authors.  Nor "natural philosophy"!        Got any more ideas???

Maybe I should put a "sticky note" on my monitor so that I know I have this particular resource????             *smile*

Milford,

I'm glad to hear that the resource is showing up for you, now! Regarding it not showing up in your library, this is something that our product team is aware of and they are working on it.

Thanks,

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:50 PM

Hi Deborah:

"The Soul of Science" does not show up in My LIbrary Sad, but I can open it by typing the file name in the GO box as you suggested Smile.

Posts 49
Michael Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 2:29 PM

I have a problem with L4 resources not showing up in L3, but it is different issue to the other commetns here. (I hope this is the right place to raise it!)

I just upgraded from Bible Study Library (LE) to Leader' Library (KF). When I went to my "Order History" page and scrolled down to "Downloadable Libronix Files", it simply says, "(Library update order)" - but no files to DL. I accept that some files might not be available on L3, in which case I would expect this message, "(No downloadable files for resource)".

Am I to understand that none of my new resources are available for L3, or am I missing a step somewhere?

(I usually use L3 because my ancient computer struggles with L4's demands.)

Michael

Posts 8075
LogosEmployee

Scroll down to the bottom of http://www.logos.com/product/8775/logos-bible-software-3-media-only-kf-dvd-rom and you'll see a list of links to Libronix DLS 3 update scripts. Click the appropriate one for your library, and the KF resources that are available in LDLS3 will be installed on your system.

Posts 49
Michael Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:14 AM

Thanks Bradley - worked like a dream! (Would be helpful to have the link on the orders page, though).

Cheers

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS