New KF Base Packages

Page 2 of 7 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 132 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 12:55 PM

James Chaisson:

I quickly numbered the resourses in LE and KF and found that LE has 1204 while the new KF has 1169. I used my Libronix 3 account summary and compared only the books not data types ect. Can anyone confirm this number?

It looks like Baker encyclopidia of psycology and counseling, Baker encyclopidia of the bible, the Baker exegetical commentary, and the Baker new testament commentary are gone. I am not sure what else.

The above is for Platnum

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 12:57 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:

Nevermind, the Common Lectionary is slightly different.  One is BCP79DL and the other one is BCP79SL

The first one is the Daily Office, the other is the Sunday Lectionary.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:18 PM

James Chaisson:

I quickly numbered the resourses in LE and KF and found that LE has 1204 while the new KF has 1169. I used my Libronix 3 account summary and compared only the books not data types ect. Can anyone confirm this number?

It looks like Baker encyclopidia of psycology and counseling, Baker encyclopidia of the bible, the Baker exegetical commentary, and the Baker new testament commentary are gone. I am not sure what else.

Analytical Key to the Old Testament (4 Vols.)
The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling, 2nd ed.
Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 Vols.)
Baker New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.)
Classical Pastoral Care (4 Vols.)

These are the ones I can see are gone. It's pretty significant.  Classical Pastoral Care was in Scholars, and The Apostolic Fathers was in Gold.  The others were in Platinum. (I don't have Portfolio, so I can't easily check that).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 316
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:22 PM

Phil Gons:

1. You won’t lose anything you already have. You’ll retain the TNIV, the 1984 NIV, and all of your Baker content.

How does it work when you're computer harddisk crashes and there is no backup available?? I know my Logos 4 will download all over again on a new computer (or harddisk) but what will happen to all these resources which were available in the LE package but not anymore in the KF package? 

Luuk

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:27 PM

Luuk Dondorp:
How does it work when you're computer harddisk crashes and there is no backup available?? I know my Logos 4 will download all over again on a new computer (or harddisk) but what will happen to all these resources which were available in the LE package but not anymore in the KF package? 

You keep access to the books you've purchase. All you need to do is reinstall Logos and log in with your user name and it will download all the books you have the license to.

Posts 316
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:27 PM

Todd Phillips:

These are the ones I can see are gone. 

Forgive me my ignorance but I just want to know for sure: what do you mean by "..are gone"  ?

Are these gone from your Logos Library on your computer or do you mean in general gone from the contents list of the KF package?

I think you mean the latter...but perhaps I am wrong,

Luuk

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:29 PM

Luuk Dondorp:

Forgive me my ignorance but I just want to know for sure: what do you mean by "..are gone"  ?

Are these gone from your Logos Library on your computer or do you mean in general gone from the contents list of the KF package?

He does mean the latter. Someone who is a new purchaser of a KF base package wouldn't get those resources.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:30 PM

Luuk Dondorp:

Todd Phillips:

These are the ones I can see are gone. 

The latter.

As always, "You won’t lose anything you already have."

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:31 PM

James Chaisson:
I quickly numbered the resourses in LE and KF and found that LE has 1204 while the new KF has 1169.

Now how did you do that if we are not supposed to lose any of our LE titles? You should have gained a handful and lost nothing.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 316
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:33 PM

Thank you Kevin and Todd for your quick replies !

Luuk

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:33 PM

Todd Phillips:

These are the ones I can see are gone. It's pretty significant.  Classical Pastoral Care was in Scholars, and The Apostolic Fathers was in Gold.  The others were in Platinum. (I don't have Portfolio, so I can't easily check that).

FYI, I found the LE and KF Portfolio contents to compare, and this was output of the comparison program:

* Today's New International Version
    * Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 Vols.)
    * Baker New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible (4 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling, 2nd ed.
    * Classical Pastoral Care (4 Vols.)
    * The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
    * Apostolic Fathers Morphologically Analyzed
    * Analytical Key to the Old Testament (4 Vols.)

That is to say, those are the ones in LE that aren't in KF.  NIV doesn't show up because the old and new versions are named the same. Also, NET Bible notes isn't listed in the contents (I guess it's included as part of the NET Bible). 

Mind you, this change does not affect current owners--only future purchasers would need to be aware that these are no longer in the base packages.

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:35 PM

I have Scholar Silver.  Upgraded.  Lost nothing.  Gained the NET notes as a separate entity.  I already had the two Book of Common Prayer files from early today when I added the free files.  I still have Classical Pastoral Care in 4 volumes from Baker.  I wouldn't have the others because I don't own the higher package.

Seems fine...

K

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 3659
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:57 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:

James Ogle:

Does this update automatically, or do I have to go to the website and do it manually?

I went to the website and got the upgrade for free, but when I click on the download button for L4 it started running the program and then it stopped and told me: "Logos 4 is up-to-date." So I guess it upgraded on it's own and I didn't notice it.  Oh well, I'm so happy we get to keep the other titles and get some freebies on the way.

I did stumble around on the minimal crossgrade page awhile before I discovered that NOTHING was free on that page... 

Finally, I came back to the upgrade page Phil's link took us to & discovered that Platinum (which I already have) had a "Free" button on it. It seemed counter-intuitive to "upgrade" to it... that's where the only "Free"button I found was located.

After downloading a 361Kb script & running it, like yours mine claimed to be up to date. Since I can't examine collection licenses like L3, I don't know how to confirm my suspicion that it did nothing. I still don't have NET notes as a separate file.

What should've changed?

Ah... had to shut down L4 & restart... Then it found 49.5 Mb of updates. It's working now...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2692
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:15 PM

Phil Gons:
At Zondervan’s request, we’ve replaced the TNIV and NIV (1984) with the new 2011 NIV. The license is included, and the file is just about finished. It will automatically download as soon as it’s ready

is it going to have a new filename? will we still have access to 1984Edition?

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:19 PM

Todd Phillips:

FYI, I found the LE and KF Portfolio contents to compare, and this was output of the comparison program:

* Today's New International Version
    * Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 Vols.)
    * Baker New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible (4 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling, 2nd ed.
    * Classical Pastoral Care (4 Vols.)
    * The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
    * Apostolic Fathers Morphologically Analyzed
    * Analytical Key to the Old Testament (4 Vols.)

That is a significant hit to the Logos libraries. Perhaps it is in keeping with Baker's decision to release new Baker Academic titles only at full list price. I don't want to hijack the topic on a discussion of this, but am sad to see this happen for new users.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:20 PM

DominicM

In his original post Phil said that we will retain the TNIV and the 1984 NIV

Phil Gons:
You won’t lose anything you already have. You’ll retain the TNIV, the 1984 NIV, and all of your Baker content.

He didn't specify the mechanics.

Graham

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:22 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:

Oh my goodness, that's a HUGE change!!! I'm sure glad I purchased my Platinum when it first came out! I love Baker's Exegetical Commentary and Baker's NT Commentary I don't think I could give those up.  Anyway, so far so good!

Good thing I already own Platinum too. That is not just some Baker content, that's some very good Baker content being taken out.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

DominicM:

Phil Gons:
At Zondervan’s request, we’ve replaced the TNIV and NIV (1984) with the new 2011 NIV. The license is included, and the file is just about finished. It will automatically download as soon as it’s ready

Yes and yes.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 4:28 PM

Bradley Grainger:

DominicM:

Phil Gons:

Yes and yes.

Two questions:

1. Will the 1984 NIV Reverse Interlinear OT still be finished?
  2. Will the new 2011 NIV get a Reverse Interlinear, and if so, how soon?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 4:48 PM

Sure glad I pulled the lever on purchasing this last week -- I would have really been unhappy if I had lost out on the Baker commentaries by just a few days. . .

Page 2 of 7 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS