recent Dutch Bible translations please?

Page 1 of 4 (68 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 3
Jan Wolsheimer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 8 2011 3:05 AM

A lot of my colleague pastors would be helped out a lot if Logos is willing to carry the most recent Dutch Bible translations. The latest translation available now is from 1951. We have had at least five more recent translations since then.

Is it possible to open a request somewhere on the site?

Posts 323
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 4:34 AM

Jan Wolsheimer:

A lot of my colleague pastors would be helped out a lot if Logos is willing to carry the most recent Dutch Bible translations.

Yes, this will be great.  

In the full SESB http://www.logos.com/product/5181/stuttgart-electronic-study-bible these dutch translations are available:

Dutch Bibles

• NBG-vertaling 1951
  • Staten Vertaling
  • De Nieuwe Bijbelvertaling
  • Willibrordvertaling
  • Groot Nieuws Bijbel

It would be nice to be able to buy these seperately.

It is too expensive to buy the complete SESB just to obtain these dutch bibles. I already have the NBG1951 and the Statenvertaling in Logos format.

And I would - really - like to add the new "Herziene Statenvertaling", which was published in last december.

Luuk

Posts 756
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 4:41 AM

You could have a look on SESB 3.0, which (besides the Statenvertaling and 1951's Bijbel) contains

• Groot Nieuws Bijbel (2006)
  • De Nieuwe Bijbelvertaling (2004)
  • Willibrordvertaling (1995)

Purchasing SESB might be too expensive as long as you want only the Dutch translations - just wanted to point out that there actually are some for Logos 4.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 1367
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:47 AM

Luuk Dondorp:

And I would - really - like to add the new "Herziene Statenvertaling", which was published in last december.

YesYesYes

Posts 1367
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:58 AM

Jan Wolsheimer:

A lot of my colleague pastors would be helped out a lot if Logos is willing to carry the most recent Dutch Bible translations. The latest translation available now is from 1951. We have had at least five more recent translations since then.

Is it possible to open a request somewhere on the site?

Similar questions have been asked with regard to german/french/.... Bibles, see for example this thread:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/25063.aspx

Perhaps the best way would be to contact the Nederlands Bijbelgenootschap.

Welkom trouwens op het forum! 

Posts 323
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 12:08 PM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:

[Perhaps the best way would be to contact the Nederlands Bijbelgenootschap.

Today I have sent an email to Henk Sennema (CEO ? at the Jongbloed Publishers of  the "Herziene Statenvertaling" ) asking about the possibilities. I will keep you posted about this.

Luuk

Posts 3
Jan Wolsheimer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:06 PM

Great. I think that's possible for sure. Point is if the Logos crew is willing to invest in non-English bibles.

Posts 9

I like the logos software the way it is now, and I want to upgrade with only the latest Dutch translations, without having to buy an expensive CD-rom, filled with additional commentaries - there is already so much to go with in the basic package. How can we go about this?! I guess a lot of theology students and ministers in the Netherlands would purchase Logos, (and thus interesting for logos when you look at an increased market) if it would only include the NBV, Groot Nieuws, Herziene Statenvertaling, Het Boek, enz.

Should we take action by undertaking an online petition? lol!

It's great that there are more of you who really want to see this happening!

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 11 2011 7:23 AM

Yes

Please also add the Herziene Voorhoevevertaling ("Telos vertaling"). I have this translation and the HSV already in Accordance (as an user tool).

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 2
Pieter Wiltjer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:35 AM

I would really much like to see the Herziene Statenvertaling and the Naardense Bijbel added to Logos 4.

Posts 2
Pieter Wiltjer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:39 AM

Logos, can you pls. make these titles available as indivivual titles, or make a Dutch Bibles pack for all your Dutch users!

Posts 44
Jo Decaesteker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 3:57 AM

Hi, I'm looking into buying Logos (for personal study, I'm not a pastor or student, just a simple architect - :-D ) and also hoping for (more) Dutch Bible translations.

Logos looks really great...

For those of you having one or more Dutch Bibles in Logos: how well does the search go? Are names, things, places, word search and stuff like that also connected/integrated (in)to the Dutch translations? Can you type/use the Dutch names of the books/people/... for searching or do you have to switch to English Bible translations? Do interlinear Bibles synch with a chosen passage in Dutch Bible? ...

I'd just like to know how well Dutch translations are integrated into the whole concept of Logos. I guess they are integrated quite well, otherwise, it wouldn't be very useful, would it? Any thoughts about this?

Cheers and thanks!

Jo D.

Belgium

Posts 243
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 4:36 AM

I had some contacts last week with the editors of the Herziene Statenvertaling. They are willing to publish it in Logos and are seriously looking for ways to get that done.

I also wrote about it to the Nederlands BijbelGenootschap, but they didn't give any response.

I also would like to have the Naardense Bijbel. Perhaps publishing can also be asked from the publishers.

I further would like to have Dutch Bible tags recognized for PBB, like it was possible in Logos 3.

Hans

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 5:07 AM

Pieter Wiltjer:

Logos, can you pls. make these titles available as indivivual titles, or make a Dutch Bibles pack for all your Dutch users!

Not only Dutch Bibles, but also Dutch commentaries, like CNT, COT. Maybe we should contact Kok and other Dutch publishers.

I am not sure how the search engine works, but I can imagine that a (growing) list of Dutch-English keywords could be made, so that resources in both languages can be searched for in one go.

Patrick

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 5:12 AM

I would love to have the HSV, de Naardense vertaling and Dutch commentaries, like CNT, COT and some public domain commentaries like Dachsels and de Kanttekeningen in Logos.

Posts 243
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 5:50 AM

The Foundation Dioneth (www.dioneth.nl has some contacts with Kok Publishers and has also some rights to publish that material digitaly in Dutch.

They have it in digital form.

Once ago I  spoke with one of the men form Dioneth and he is a fan of Logos. I forgot however his name.

Publishing in PBB-format is possible! But we have to wait for the recognition of Dutch Bible references, e.g.. 1 Kon -> 1 Ki

Please make contact with them!

Posts 10555
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 6:47 AM

Hi Jo,

it seems nobody answered your questions so far. I'm not Dutch, but German - but I think Logos works much alike for these languages.

Jo Decaesteker:
how well does the search go? Are names, things, places, word search and stuff like that also connected/integrated (in)to the Dutch translations? Can you type/use the Dutch names of the books/people/... for searching or do you have to switch to English Bible translations?

Actually Logos searches what is there, but doesn't translate. So if I search the German-language spelling of something, I will only get hits in resources that use this spelling (e.g. Petrus as opposed to Peter). Since I have next to none German resources (save some bibles), I will use Logos completely in English, and I think I will continue to do so, even if SESB 4.0 (announced for Q4 this year) should contain a German language user interface

Jo Decaesteker:
I'd just like to know how well Dutch translations are integrated into the whole concept of Logos.
. So, if you want to have results from your Dutch resources, search for Dutch expressions, if you want results from the multitude of English language resources, you'll need to search for English expressions. However, you won't need to "switch to another bible translation", as searching can be invoked independent from open resources and configured to address those parts of your library where you want the results to be. 

Jo Decaesteker:
Do interlinear Bibles synch with a chosen passage in Dutch Bible?
. Yes. You may have a number of bibles scroll along (that's what you mean with sync, I suppose) .

Jo Decaesteker:
I'd just like to know how well Dutch translations are integrated into the whole concept of Logos.
Well, that's something everybody has to answer depending on their usage experience. I'm not a scholar or pastor, but use Logos for my armchair-theologian studies. These I conduct - as far as PC usage is concerned - nearly exclusively in English language. Since commentaries, monographs and everything is in English, I usually don't even bother to open up the German language bible - this would be different for someone who prepares sermons or teaches a small group. I know of other people who use the localized German version (L3 has it) for studying the original languages in connection with German bibles and don't even bother for English.

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2
Emmanuel Oliveiro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2011 1:52 AM

Having Dutch translations available for Logos would be great!

I always have to go back to webbased Bibles now if I am preparing dutch sermons.

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:20 AM

I was wondering if someone already converted ds. C. den Boer's commentaries on Paul's letters?

http://www.dsdenboer.refoweb.nl/Exegetica.asp

I am converting them to Docx files which takes some time, so if someone already did, just tell please.

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:02 AM

A.J. van den Herik:
Publishing in PBB-format is possible! But we have to wait for the recognition of Dutch Bible references, e.g.. 1 Kon -> 1 Ki

Ik heb recent een pogrammaatje geschreven, wat gericht is op het taggen van Nederlandse documenten. Referenties als 1 Kon worden niet alleen omgezet naar referenties die Logos snapt, maar blijven ook in de lopende tekst in Logos staan zoals ze stonden (in de tekst op je scherm zie je dus gewoon "1 Kon" in plaats van "1 Ki").

Ook heb ik recent een programma geschreven die de HSV van statenvertaling.nu afgehaald heeft, en getagd heeft in Logos formaat. Ik heb dus de HSV beschikbaar. Alleen, voordat ik die kan verspreiden heb zal de HSV-stichting eerst daartoe rechten moeten geven.

Page 1 of 4 (68 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS