Sermon File

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 8 2011 11:56 AM

Know this has been discussed before but I can't find anything about this while searching forums.

Did we not have the 'sermon file' add in a while back in L4 on windows side?

It got grayed out on my windows L4 a while back and I can't recall as to why.

thanks

rda

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 12:09 PM

Currently there is no sermon file addin for Logos 4. It's on the coming features list.

However, if you had compiled your sermons in Libronix, Logos 4 would have copied that compiled book file over and indexed them.

When you say "grayed out" do you mean that the book is no longer accessible from your Library?

Posts 18672
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 12:20 PM

Sermon File hasn't been implemented yet for L4. It is scheduled for implementation sometime in 2011 along with the few remaining missing features from L3. I don't know how you got it grayed out on your Windows L4. Where does it show up?

You can import compiled sermons that were created in Sermon File in L3 into L4. Use the scan command (in the Logos command bar) and give the the full path to where your lbxsfl files are. E.g.:

scan C:\Users\<yourUserAccount>\Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile\

Hit the return key and close L4 and start it back up. Watch the for the blue Logos task icon. You might need to click it to add resources waiting to be added or not, I can't remember. In any event, Logos will begin reindexing and when it's done you should be able to search and find stuff in your imported sermons. They will show up in your Library under your name as the author (if you had put in your name when you created the sermons in L3).

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:05 PM

robert d. adams:
It got grayed out on my windows L4 a while back

The "cover"  of your "Sermons of ..." and "Illustrations of ..." in L4 used to be "red."

But lately, yes, it looks "greyed" out.

Logos said on these forums that this was deliberate.

It is the "new " art design.

but on software that is already TOO PASTEL then yes, this new art design cover etc is TOO grayed out.

With "no" color it looks like a "ghost" resource, ie that it truly is missing.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:13 PM

That's the way it went or disappeared...indeed it use to be red.

I'm going to do an import, scan, so-forth and see if I can get them to show up 'My Library.

thanks

rda

Posts 18672
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:15 PM

SteveF:

robert d. adams:
It got grayed out on my windows L4 a while back

The "cover"  of your "Sermons of ..." and "Illustrations of ..." in L4 used to be "red."

But lately, yes, it looks "greyed" out.

Logos said on these forums that this was deliberate.

It is the "new " art design.

but on software that is already TOO PASTEL then yes, this new art design cover etc is TOO grayed out.

Ah yes, Steve, you're right. That's probably what Robert was talking about. Here's the thread that discusses this change: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28212.aspx

I agree, the grey cover design is not an improvement. I suggest letting people make their own custom book cover icons. Or choose from a set of colored ones. Grey says to me "no cover" as that's the case with all the books that have no covers (which, by the way, should be given covers). At least they've made them all look like grey books instead of saying "No cover" which they used to say.

Posts 24961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:17 PM

Rosie Perera:

You can import compiled sermons that were created in Sermon File in L3 into L4. Use the scan command (in the Logos command bar) and give the the full path to where your lbxsfl files are. E.g.:

scan C:\Users\<yourUserAccount>\Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile\

The above is the path for the source files which cannot be used in L4. To import the compiled files:

scan C:\Users\<yourUserAccount>\Documents\Libronix Resources

(you can re-compile in L3 to create this folder if necessary).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 1:31 PM

Okay...I got it back.

I don't know what happen, did import and then clicked on "almost invisible icon" for sermon file and it opened up.

But why is icon so faded (same color as bar) can't hardly be seen.

I guess because they are still working on it.

Oh well, I found what I was looking for.

rda

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 2:26 PM

Just want to add my voice to the call for this feature soon. 2nd quarter 2011 is ... just about here!! I know at least this one pastor is eagerly waiting for the sermon file add-in.

Posts 72
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:18 PM

I bought this feature last year and I'm waiting so long hope LOGOS DEV keep their promise for 2 Q...

I also bought Sermon Base for mac that fulfill the almost the same function, it work for me...

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 7:40 PM

Timothy Lovegrove:
2nd quarter 2011 is ... just about here!!

Please do not hold your breath! Smile I say that for I do not wish to see you fall over in a faint :)

This item has not even yet appeared in any beta testing.

So it will be a while before it appears.

It has often been asked for along with the PBB creator which has also not yet been beta tested. I do not know if one of these modules is dependent on the other in terms of its software architecture.

But yes, I too would love to see these. [And to beta test them...hint hint...]

They are about the only remaining items that I miss in L4 fro the Libronix 3 version.

(I realize that others would debate that position).

Regards, SteveF

Posts 124
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:42 PM

Is there any news about this yet?  I thought it would have been added by now....

Posts 24961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:23 PM

Second Quarter 2011

• Video resources
  • Personal Book Builder (Improved to use the native book format!)
  • Sermon File (To be re-designed; partially replaced by the forthcoming Personal Book Builder, supplemented by a to-be-released web site)

Personal book builder is being tested in v 4.3 (see the PC Beta forum)  and it may be released soon. So you will be able to copy sermons to Word docx and build a Personal Book for free. But no news about the web site.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 124
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 6:40 PM

I've already got them in Word, I want them i my bible library...

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 7:16 PM

Cindy - 

The point of PBB is to take .docx files (Word) and then compile them into Logos 4. There is a learning curve for how to format them in Word first, but once done, they become searchable within Logos.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 124
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 10:12 AM

thanks, maybe someday I'll learn how...

Posts 1842
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 11:53 AM

I would like to adapt "best practices" of other users. I currently have 750+ sermons that I have given in DOC or DOCX. Would it be more helpful to copy and paste into one PB - "My Sermons" or to create 750 separate PBs - Sermon.001, etc.

I compiled one Sermon and when I saw the output, learned that I need to do a little more formatting to convert my sermon notes (a detailed Outline) into a form that is useful in PB. The compiler doesn't see all the levels of my outline so I must change to "Heading 1, Heading 2, etc."

Also, how do I get my PBs (monograph) to show up in my Passage Guide for a related text?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:18 PM

David Thomas:
Also, how do I get my PBs (monograph) to show up in my Passage Guide for a related text?

For a monograph you will need to include the Sermons book in a collection and then add that collection to a custom passage guide. If you title the guide "My Passage Guide" it will become the default one Logos uses.

See: http://wiki.logos.com/Passage_Guide

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:30 PM

David Thomas:
I currently have 750+ sermons that I have given in DOC or DOCX. Would it be more helpful to copy and paste into one PB - "My Sermons" or to create 750 separate PBs - Sermon.001, etc.
Hmm.  I would not be over excited to have each sermon a separate resource myself.  But, As I understand it, a master document doesn't fit the bill either.  Fortunately you should be able to add each sermon to a single PBB.  

Once the PB tool is open, click ADD file and add your first sermon.  Repeat.    

It will take a long while with 750 sermons!  Plus you have an opportunity to test something I never thought of: is there a maximum number of files you can add to a single PBB?  

David Thomas:
I compiled one Sermon and when I saw the output, learned that I need to do a little more formatting to convert my sermon notes (a detailed Outline) into a form that is useful in PB. The compiler doesn't see all the levels of my outline so I must change to "Heading 1, Heading 2, etc."

Since you're already thinking of reformatting all of your notes, you might consider H1= title of sermon (series)  H2= Title of sermon (If it's a series) and H3= primary point in each sermon.  

e.g. 

Prayer And the Bible (series title = H1)

Praying the way Jesus says (Sermon title=H2)

Worship (H3)

Response (H3)

etc (h3)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 99
Brian Kempson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:52 PM

I am still hoping against hope that the Sermon File feature will be implemented in Logos 4.

I  found that afer I had imported my sermon file book in L3 into L4, further updates of the file in L3 were not recognized by Logos 4 as an updated book.

Have you any suggestions?

I cannot understand why Logos have gone silent & failed to honour their very definite promises.

Have you any news?

Thanks

Brian

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS