Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:57 PM

Wondering why choose Proclaim ?

Noticed one popular church presentation software uses Matrox dual head 2 go so audience sees one presentation while another is projected in back (or on monitor visible to stage) - has audience view plus Clock, pop-up message, and first line of next slide.  Sound booth has control screen for presentation - can choose to play background video with text lyrics overlay.

For playing guitar in front of audience, having lyrics with Chords projected in back would be appreciated.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:27 AM

If you go to the web site...the whole presentation is devoted to why you'd want to use this software...it appears that it's solving a host of "tech-coordination" issues....not selling itself on it's interface....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:04 AM

Robert Pavich:
not selling itself on it's interface....

Which is rather slim. Everyone has a chance to try it now, so they can make a judgment about it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:34 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Which is rather slim. Everyone has a chance to try it now, so they can make a judgment about it.

when do they plan to release it so we can eval it?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 11:14 PM

Observation: http://proclaimonline.com/ only has video - lacks web page information about capabilities.

Searching google for church presentation software finds many competitors, including a popular one that has one control screen with 2 output screen images.  Currently that software runs on Windows; Mac version in development.

Currently know of a church wanting to move from PowerPoint to Church Presentation Software (already has internet) - pastoral staff has experience with popular competitor (released 2007 and 2009 versions).

Robert Pavich:
when do they plan to release it so we can eval it?

Likewise curious about evaluation release timeframe (did sign up for evaluation copy via email).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 1:59 AM

As I've said many times before, L3 is my presentation software. I can give 2-6 hour presentations using just L3 and keep people rapt. L4 barely even gets out of the gate...the notes in L4 are hideous, and the Mac-like appearance is all washed out, but I do occasionally still use it for specialized tasks. It is a crying shame that L3 was put out to pasture. It does presentation SOOOO much better, and with a couple of tweaks it would be almost perfect (i.e. scrollable pop-up note windows and added word processing features). I get asked all the time what kind of software I use, and I have to tell them "it's Logos, but this version isn't available anymore". The one friend I was able to influence to buy Logos (because he really likes the way I am able to use L3) has L4 for Mac and never uses it. He literally perfers using a PDF Bible over L4 Mac!  I asked him why and he said, "I don't feel like having my system crash right now." Hmm

I'm obviously not against technology, but Proclaim seems a bit too Hollywood for my taste.

Long live L3 !!! Yes

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 3:47 AM

David Paul:
As I've said many times before, L3 is my presentation software.

Wonder if L3 can present song lyrics for congregational singing (with CCLI citation) ? Wink PowerPoint slides with white text on black background are readable.

Noticed several competitors can do text lyrics over video.

Likewise read about one song display software that can show lyrics plus music chords for stage use while audience just sees lyrics.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:56 PM

David,

How do you use L3 for your presentation software?  Not trying to be humorous.  I would like to see some screenshots of what you have up during your presentations.  I still use L3 for several functions that L4 does not do.

Also, if you run into someone wanting L3 still, just try the local LifeWay store for some of the older eBible box sets.  They still have them and they are L3.

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:58 PM

Keep smiling, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while, but you aren't a robot right?

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 8:42 PM

David Paul:

As I've said many times before, L3 is my presentation software. I can give 2-6 hour presentations using just L3 and keep people rapt. L4 barely even gets out of the gate...the notes in L4 are hideous, and the Mac-like appearance is all washed out, but I do occasionally still use it for specialized tasks. It is a crying shame that L3 was put out to pasture. It does presentation SOOOO much better, and with a couple of tweaks it would be almost perfect (i.e. scrollable pop-up note windows and added word processing features). I get asked all the time what kind of software I use, and I have to tell them "it's Logos, but this version isn't available anymore". The one friend I was able to influence to buy Logos (because he really likes the way I am able to use L3) has L4 for Mac and never uses it. He literally perfers using a PDF Bible over L4 Mac!  I asked him why and he said, "I don't feel like having my system crash right now." Hmm

I'm obviously not against technology, but Proclaim seems a bit too Hollywood for my taste.

Long live L3 !!! Yes

You can still "get" L3. Just order an L4 base package, download the free L3 engine at Logos.com, and run the Libronix Update Script to get all the books (or have Logos ship them an L3 book CD). Obviously it's the older software now, and L4 is more feature-packed, but L3 is still easy to load up on a system, even after purchasing an L4 package. Actually it's the best of both worlds, familiar L3 with all the new books.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 10:08 PM

Jeremy:

Keep smiling, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while, but you aren't a robot right?

Personally try to always Rejoice in Christ Jesus, albeit I am quite human, who is addicted to Logos Forums along with using Logos Bible Software and Praying - know have much more to learn and do - wondering where wind will blow next ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 11
Jai Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2011 1:29 PM

The only person I know who uses L3 for presentation software is a verse-by-verse expositor, who blows up the text in Logos, and uses another program to be able to draw on top of the text. You could really do that with just about any Bible software, and it doesn't work for projecting song lyrics at all.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS