Barnes made finally made it!!

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:30 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
although I don't know exactly what to expect from it.

Disappointment?

You can check it out online. One place: http://www.studylight.org/com/bnn/

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1418
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:10 AM

I am in, + 

Lyman Beecher Collection is droped to $28. Whooo Smile

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 10:37 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Bohuslav Wojnar:
although I don't know exactly what to expect from it.

Disappointment?

You can check it out online. One place: http://www.studylight.org/com/bnn/

Wow...I was impressed with the content of Barnes Notes - I looked up several passages of interest to me. Thanks for the link. Though I was already in for 30, for no other reason than peer pressure, I now realize that I will greatly benefit from these notes more than I thought.

Why did this take so long? Barnes is good stuff.

Posts 2913
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 10:54 AM

Perhaps ,it might be possible ,that some have these resources in other Softwares,like me I bid 30, even though I have it in my two other softwares ,I have it  in Quckverse and PC Bible study.I am glad to have it in Logos 4 as well ,that's why I did it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 394
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 11:03 AM

Big SmileSmileCakeYesCool

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 12:09 PM

David Carter:

Well this is amazing - Barnes crosses the finishing line and we have over 5 inches of snow in Georgia!

Didn't someone say this Barnes milestone wouldn't happen until Hades freezes over? Smile

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 3:26 PM

I am somewhere between Mark and Rosie. I really have no interest in having Barnes and put in a bid to get it to production, but I do wrestle with whether or not I'll cancel my bid or not. I'm more with Mark in that, well, I don't find it to be a very worthwhile resource.

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 7:20 AM

This is kind of a no-brainer. I saw one nice volume of Barnes on eBay for $12. The whole thing without trying to find a bookshelf....

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 7:43 AM

Now what are we supposed to joke about?

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:01 PM

Ever been to Georgia in the Summer. . . and now it's snowing there according to one of our brothers on these boards. . . "Just sayin. . ."

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:11 PM

David Langer:

Ever been to Georgia in the Summer. . . and now it's snowing there according to one of our brothers on these boards. . . "Just sayin. . ."

There is currently snow in 49 of the 50 states. Only Florida has escaped thus far. This might be a record. I read somewhere that the weather service has not kept track of this statistic in the past. I suppose it's theoretically possible to have snow in all 50 states simultaneously as there has been snow in Florida before.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:27 PM

Rosie Perera:
Only Florida has escaped thus far.

Hawaii?

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:33 PM

Jack Caviness:

Rosie Perera:
Only Florida has escaped thus far.

Hawaii?

Actually, I saw this stat in an Hawaiian newspaper (web site) - posted it to my Facebook page I was so amazed:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hawaiinewsnow.com%2FGlobal%2Fstory.asp%3FS%3D13826342&h=8a1e4

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 6:37 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Actually, I saw this stat in an Hawaiian newspaper (web site)

Ouch. I forgot about Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Embarrassed I should know better than to challenge Rosie! Crying

Posts 19
Josh Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 10:17 PM

Seeing how its free in other software, I'm surprised this public domain classic wasn't already included years ago and I'm surprised it's not apart of the base packages.

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 11:31 PM

Almost to $25! Come on....

If you have not ordered you can do it here:

http://www.logos.com/product/2132/barnes-notes-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 6:23 AM

Joshua Garcia:

Almost to $25! Come on....

If you have not ordered you can do it here:

http://www.logos.com/product/2132/barnes-notes-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

Yes

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 7:02 AM

Josh Bond:
Seeing how its free in other software, I'm surprised this public domain classic wasn't already included years ago and I'm surprised it's not apart of the base packages.

I only use one other brand of software and with it, the New testament is free but the old testament is listed at $69.95 but my salesman at the other company gave me a pretty good deal on it. I am still buying it for Logos though.

Is it common to find both the old and new testaments for free or just the new testament?

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 19
Josh Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 8:18 AM

Rick Hypes:
I only use one other brand of software and with it, the New testament is free but the old testament is listed at $69.95 but my salesman at the other company gave me a pretty good deal on it. I am still buying it for Logos though.

Is it common to find both the old and new testaments for free or just the new testament?

The old testament and new testament are free with e-Sword and The Word. And there's several other paid (inferior to Logos) software packages (but not the one you are referring to) where the new and old testaments are included with the software itself. It's public domain text that's been around since the 1800s. But hey, it's at Logos now and that's what counts!

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 9:25 AM

Thanks Josh. I was wondering if e-Sword had both the new and old.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS