Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:50 AM

In all of the information I cannot find the cost.  How much?  Or is keeping the cost out of the picture part of some sort of marketing strategy?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:20 AM

From what I've seen....and knowing how consumerism works....yes...never tell the price up front....until you decide you can't live without it...then you find out how much...

That's good  salesmanship...

but...just a guess as I have no special knowledge of why this is like it is.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 9:21 AM

I don't see our church taking the time to learn a new piece of software if we don't know the cost.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:16 AM

I totally agree.  I'm a member of a small (~100 member) church on a (really) small budget and until it's clear whether this is a "rich church" solution or what pricing options might be it's not worth spending the time to investigate, regardless of how compelling it looks.

Posts 3731
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:55 AM

I've held off responding in this thread so far because I'm not Logos.

But I'm right there with you on cost. Our church can't even afford internet better than dialup, much less internet in the sanctuary. But if Logos follows through with the pricing model Bob shared with Alpha testers, it'll be more than competive with current offerings--whether it's a small or a big church solution folks are looking for.

Instead of worrying the $ issue (very real), I'd encourage us instead to look hard at Proclaim's capabilities. If we ever wanted to make input on our requirements to a company that was LISTENING, the time is now with Logos.

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 2:23 PM

The Logos response from Sales on price is "No word yet."

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:23 AM

Equally important as the cost is will the product be fully functional when released? What I'm willing to put up with (MAC) Logos waiting for the bugs to be worked out and the product finished, I'm not willing to put up with on a Sunday Morning during worship.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:50 PM

We aren't finished working out the price, but I expect it will be very competitive with other solutions.

Posts 237
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:31 AM

What "other solutions" is it being cost-compared to? If I might ask. 

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:55 AM

By comparison our package is MediaShout and I think we paid 300 bucks initially and the upgrades were like 250.

Posts 237
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:57 PM

Thanks!

Posts 3731
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 3:57 PM

Reid A Ferguson:

What "other solutions" is it being cost-compared to? If I might ask. 

Ours is Sunday Plus. We paid about $300 for the s/w. We also spent another $100 for an increased number of Bible versions (to include our version & thus an integrated way to insert Scripture onto slides vs. copy & paste from any other external package), & another $100 for worship slides. It's a site license, unlike others we looked at, so there are no added costs for all the different users involved in slide creation. Upgrades have a fee, but we don't ancipate needing an upgrade any time soon.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:59 PM

Since this is web-based software, I expect the price will be an annual fee. Initially it's a low cost, but after several years it would likely be greater than buying a software package outright.

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:10 AM

With most software, you would be right about a subscription costing more than purchasing a "box" product, but the big name presentation software has a yearly fee to upgrade.  The software we use costs a couple hundred dollars to keep the software up to date (which is always worth it), and let's not even bring up the cost if we want to use another computer to project lyrics!  I used a different projection scheme for an Easter Cantata, and to use my laptop for lyrics, it was quite expensive.  

By competitive, hopefully, Logos is thinking a couple hundred dollars a year, which keeps it within the model offered by other companies, while letting us do things like have the Senior Pastor create his sermon notes within the software we're using rather than having to import from one format to another.  

Definitely excited about the possibilities (oh, and I don't suppose pricing could come out in the next month or so, we're fast approaching budget proposals, and I would like to include this)

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 5:10 AM

money, money, money.

YES, it is an important issue.  And I am there with you all.  our membership is about 50 (but growing!).  But I am the guy in the back and it is extremely frustrating to be handed the CD or thumb drive 5 minutes before the service begins and expectations that I can "just make it go".  but back to money...  we don't even have a budget for technology/media.  we happen to have a couple in the congregation that have donated equipment and monies to get where we are.  In fact, I have to use my personal MiFi device to have Internet at all for the church media computer.

I hope (and pray) that this "silver bullet", out of the box-paradigmatic workflow toolset is actually going to be made available to folks like me/us.  how?  just like CCLI does it.  make the costs/subscription be based on congregation size.

I too am very anticipatory of the trial release.  but if this is truly a colaborative workflow tool, then cost (and online and hardware requirements) is a justifiable starting point.  if one or more key-players in the process does not have access to Internet, that monthly fee will also need to be considered when contemplating whether we spend thte time and resources going through a trial (probably really only 1 or maybe 2 services, in all reality for a "30 day trial").

Posts 4
Frank DeWitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 9:46 AM

Brent Hoefling:
But I am the guy in the back and it is extremely frustrating to be handed the CD or thumb drive 5 minutes before the service begins and expectations that I can "just make it go". 

Brent, You have hit on a hot one for me. I to am a back of the room guy.  I am new to this forum and I see that most people here are pastors, so I would like to speak to the pastors for a minute.  We back of the room people are wired so that we really like to make things work and we like to serve. That's why we volunteered for this.  But after a few last minute, "here is a Power Point or video, don't worry it ran perfect on my computer". I thought through what I was trying to do and what I shouldn't do.

First I figured out that Church is important.  The service is not just some little Super bowl.  It is an attempt to communicate the love of God and see people saved for eternity.  The pastor spent 30 hrs working on his part.  If I accidentally pop up a desk top, or the slides come out with parts of words missing or strange formatting,  then I have distracted those people the pastor is trying to reach. Instead of thinking I need Jesus, That person is thinking "He should have used a Mac", or "I wonder if that is PowerPoint."

That caused me to come up with a policy and to tell it to my pastor and got him to believe it.  He now tells it to visitors.

If you get me the media a day ahead of time There is a 98% chance we will get it to work right.

If you get me the media 1 hr ahead of time there is a 50% chance it will run correctly.

If you get me the Media 5 minutes before the service I will not try.  (It will keep me from taking care of other things and will disrupt the service.)

This doesn't apply to changes within our own software.  We can pull slides,  rearrange songs, add or subtract songs as needed during the service.   This is for new media.

This isn't a cop out, it is respect for the pastor, the congregation, and for what we do.   I will warn you that if you do this, then just once, you are going to have to say, No, I can't run that.

BTW Most people don't realize that PowerPoint dosn't move form one computer to another, or even from one monitor to another in a predictable way.  That's another thread.

Frank

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS