Journal of Biblical Counseling

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 50
Robert Lombardi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 8:49 AM

I would also buy this immediately.

Posts 6
James Baker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2010 10:32 PM

I'd also put my vote (and my wife's, the counselor) on here. Would be very beneficial.

Posts 36
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 7:59 AM

I posted a similar suggestion after the 2010 CCEF conference. It would be a good idea for people to write CCEF, and encourage them to contact Logos. I hope Logos is working on a deal already. Please, Santa, put this on the pre-pub list for Christmas! Smile        Here it is.

I spoke with Tim Lane at the CCEF annual conference regarding the JoBC. He said that others have also mentioned their desire to see it on Logos. He thought that it had been awhile since they had explored that possiblity. Hopefully he will pursue it. Perhaps we might soon see a deal worked out with CCEF between Logos or Galaxie? I'd sure love to have this journal in Logos format.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/26257/193637.aspx#193637

Posts 92
Christopher Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 2:36 PM

I interacted with CCEF on their facebook page.  Since it's public, I'll repost but it looks like they are not going the Libronix route currently (I'm happy to be wrong):

Me: Just wondering, as an international fan of CCEF who would like to get the magazine but would prefer it in an electronic format: Are there plans to release a new update for the last 5 years or to put it into a format like Logos Libronix? Thanks!

CCEF Response:

Christopher, thank you for the encouragement about the Journal. Progress is being made on the next installment of the JBC cd-rom...stayed tuned for updates.

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:05 PM

The post is at http://www.facebook.com/ccef.org

Logos users, it may be helpful to go to the page and find Christopher's post  (From Dec 7) and encourage them to release it in Logos digital format.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 36
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 7:03 PM

I added my post to the facebook page. I think I will write them as well. I have the Journal of Modern Ministry on order. I've used both journals, but the JoBC is superior. I hope this can happen soon.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:40 PM

Bump....  still very interested in this

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:52 PM

Yes

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:47 AM

YesYes

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 7:08 AM

I'd buy it! YesYes

Posts 5
Timothy McCown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 1:39 PM

I'd buy it

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2012 12:00 PM

Bump

Posts 76
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:23 PM

Plus One. I'll buy! Also, I just posted on their FB wall. Feel free to head over and join me with your support.

Helping people find seminary scholarships and church jobs.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 9:02 AM

The new JBC produced by CCEF is available starting today, but not for Logos.  I have also emailed them in the past asking for this resource.  I believe lots of folks would also buy it were it Logos compatible.

http://www.ccef.org/jbc

Posts 92
Christopher Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:16 AM

Lots of folks have done similar at various levels in my understanding including myself.  The JBC it is one of the best resources of its kind and I would like to see it in Logos.  However, on the other hand, I have already bought the digital archives from CCEF and I don't fancy paying several hundred more to re-obtain them in Logos format.  I would not discourage you from keeping on trying to encourage development, but, I think that the current action is the definitive response for now.   We'll see what the comes of the "digital archives" to be released in the summer amounts to but I don't think it would be in Logos format.  However, one can dream... 

This is just my conjecture, but, I believe that CCEF's desire for a wider audience is the probable reason they are currently staying out of the closed loop Logos ecosystem which is a more profit driven environment that reaches a much smaller piece because it is proprietary software.  I'm just happy that they are publishing again and I'm excited that it will be more widely distributed to benefit Christ's church.

Posts 7
Patrick Fontaine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:23 AM

mee too

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2012 1:43 PM

Christopher Powell:

This is just my conjecture, but, I believe that CCEF's desire for a wider audience is the probable reason they are currently staying out of the closed loop Logos ecosystem which is a more profit driven environment that reaches a much smaller piece because it is proprietary software.  I'm just happy that they are publishing again and I'm excited that it will be more widely distributed to benefit Christ's church.

I suspect that publishing within Logos would make CCEF's material available to a wider audience. Also, their material would be more beneficial as it would be readily accessible and searchable within our existing digital libraries. For almost any topic or passage I'm studying I run through my journals to see what has been written. I would love to have JBC available in the search...so would many others who otherwise might not even know that the journal exists.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 36
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 12:14 PM

Here is a post from CCEF's facebook page to answer someones question about a potential Logos version of the journal.

"... we are working on that right now. Great question - we will keep you updated."

If you go to their facebook page you will find this connected to a recent (Feb 22) picture of a new e-format. Hopefully we will finally have this valuable journal on Logos.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 12:28 PM

As a nouthetic counselor, this would be an awesome resource :D

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 4:32 PM

Available on iBooks now, but still not available for Logos?!  Come on, CCEF!

http://yfrog.com/mguv2fj

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS