Updated NIV

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 53 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:32 AM

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know why the NIV doesnt have the greek bits like the NIV (1984)?  Are they going to be added later?  Or will they never be added liked the TNIV?  Or is there some setup thing I am not doing correctly?

Yours  Mark Maloney

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:51 AM

Hi Mark

This capability is provided via the use of "Reverse Interlinears".

This is not yet available for the NIV (2011) but will be as per Bradley's comment at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/209287.aspx#209287 .

Rick adds to this at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/210586.aspx#210586 where he states that there is no current estimate as to when they will be available.

Graham 

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 1:01 AM

It confused me (doesnt take much) because the package comparision guide on base packages lists a 'new' NIV and 'new' NIV reverse interlinears.  I guess this is where the confusion starts, they really should be listed as new NIV (1984) reverse interlinears!  Thanks  Yours Mark

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:28 AM

Mark Maloney:

It confused me (doesnt take much) because the package comparision guide on base packages lists a 'new' NIV and 'new' NIV reverse interlinears.  I guess this is where the confusion starts, they really should be listed as new NIV (1984) reverse interlinears!  Thanks  Yours Mark

The current package comparisons do refer to the 2011 NIV, but the reverse interlinears are under development. When the original package comparisons were released, and there was no 2011 NIV, the package descriptions referred to the 1984 reverse interlinear, which is still under development (for the OT).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 22
Mark Maloney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:41 AM

Hi Richard,

Not sure what I think about comparison charts which incude items not yet availabe, I think I would like them clearly labeled as such.  When I spend money to upgrade it is my yunderstanding that  I should get access to what is in the  product list unless of course otherwise stated.

I am also a bit confused as to why the comparison page highlights for me say 'discovering john' as a book I will recieve when it is available in my logos package (scholors Library) and on my computer

Furthermore the douay-rheim bible is listed as a book I would get if I upgraded yet it is supposedly part of the package I already own (but is not available on my computer).  Confused?  I am

It all makes it a bit dfficult to see what I would get if I upgraded.

does this mean I have to check all the books it says I dont have to check that is the case otherwise as I am sure you can appreciate I am getting less upgrade than I am being led to believe.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:50 AM

Mark,

If you look closely at the comparison chart there are some footnotes which explicitly say that the license is included and that the customer would get the file when it is available.

As for the highlighting, something with the upgrade page broke with the new base packages. It says that I would get books in an upgrade to Portfolio that I already have, in fact that every base package owner would get. The Douay-Rheim Bible is messed up on my page too. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:49 PM

Mark Maloney:

Furthermore the douay-rheim bible is listed as a book I would get if I upgraded yet it is supposedly part of the package I already own (but is not available on my computer).  Confused?  I am

Holy Bible Translated From The Latin Vulgate Is The DR  

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:22 AM

I created a collection of the NIV and NIV84

Then I did a Text Comparison on that collection

Problem: it shows me how the NIV84 differs from the NIV when I want to know how the NIV differs from the NIV84

How do I swap the ‘standard’ to the version I want and not just the one that sorts first in the collection?

[Yes, I do use the NIV84; when its wording is the best]

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 6:58 AM

I believe collections are sorted alphabetically in text comparison.  You could temporarily make the one you want first your highest priority in your library and on the home page. I never tried it but it should come up first in your text comparison, when you choose Top Bibles in the text comparison drop down list. 

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 6:59 AM

The short answer is that you can't, at least when you are using a collection.

However, it is a simple matter to list the abbreviations in the order you want and the first one will be the base text for the comparison.

Logos keeps track of the recent versions you've used in the tool so returning to this combination for comparison should be rather easy.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:00 AM

Jerry M:

I believe collections are sorted alphabetically in text comparison.  You could temporarily make the one you want first your highest priority in your library and on the home page. I never tried it but it should come up first in your text comparison, when you choose Top Bibles in the text comparison drop down list. 

The sorting of the collection is alphabetical. It does not respect your priority list so shuffling that list does not change what happens in the Text Comparison. I tested it out right before I posted what I did above.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:01 AM

I like your answer better :)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 17
Skip Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:22 AM

Kevin, Ii followed your instructions and everything worked great.  Thanks,  

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:23 AM

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you!

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS