Logos 4.0b SR-4 (4.10.4.9457) - NIV2011???

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
James Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 7:49 AM

I had to get the free Upgrade from (LE) to (KF) versions.  Once I did this, the free NIV2011 loaded.  Before this, the update feature was not bringing in this new resource.  To get the free upgrade:  Logged into Logos.com, I went to the products page looking for info on NIV2011.  On that page, I saw that my product had a FREE upgrade, so I 'purchased it' at zero cost and then followed the download steps.  I would have thought this would have come through automatically, with the Update feature in the application but it didn't.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2011 10:56 AM

Back in the days when NIV2011 caused crashes I hid it, and then forgot about it. A couple of days ago I happened to have reason to look at Hidden Resources, noticed it and unhid it. The day after I happened to have reason to type publisher:zondervan in the Library, and realized that it hadn't downloaded. Restarts and Update commands don't help, and it is gone from Hidden Resources. Any suggestions?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:46 PM

I have to say that the Free NIV update issue has left a bad taste in mouth.  I have the NIV84 because it came with the Logos package I purchased in about 1995.  I've purchase books and updated over the years but since I now have L4 Original Languages, and NIV84 was not part of that, I didn't get the free NIV11.  I've purchased NIV, I just haven't purchase the latest package that contains it.  From a quick read of the blog post when it came out, I was expecting I'd get the update, so I did the crossgrade from LE to KF, but didn't get the NIV11.

And now that I read about the KF Base package forum, I see that it says (first post):

There are two items of good news for all existing LE package owners:

1. It’s a free crossgrade from your LE package to its KF replacement, which essentially means that owners of Bible Study Library and higher get a free copy of the new 2011 NIV. Depending on your base package level, you may also get some additional titles as indicated above.

But that is not true in the case of L4 Original Language.  Original Language is higher than Bible Study Library but didn't get the upgrade.  Am I missing something?

Ross

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:56 PM

Ross Durham:

There are two items of good news for all existing LE package owners:

1. It’s a free crossgrade from your LE package to its KF replacement, which essentially means that owners of Bible Study Library and higher get a free copy of the new 2011 NIV. Depending on your base package level, you may also get some additional titles as indicated above.

But that is not true in the case of L4 Original Language.  Original Language is higher than Bible Study Library but didn't get the upgrade.  Am I missing something?

Looking at comparison chart http://www.logos.com/comparison noticed NIV not included in Original Languages package so concur statement Bible Study Library and higher is misleading.  Suggest contacting Logos => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:02 PM

fgh:

Back in the days when NIV2011 caused crashes I hid it, and then forgot about it. A couple of days ago I happened to have reason to look at Hidden Resources, noticed it and unhid it. The day after I happened to have reason to type publisher:zondervan in the Library, and realized that it hadn't downloaded. Restarts and Update commands don't help, and it is gone from Hidden Resources. Any suggestions?

Wonder if 2011 NIV still missing ?  If so, wonder about upgrading to Logos 4.2a Release Candidate (RC) 1 => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30236.aspx

Observation: had to restart Logos 4.2a RC 1 several times to upgrade on 1 computer - resource download stopped indexing, but indexing did not resume after resources finished downloading => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30422.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:23 AM

Thanks.  I did call yesterday and I was eventually able to explain the situation but they could not do anything and I was directed to post to the forums. 

I am running 4.2a rc1, and just restarted again.  Nothing.

Ross

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 12:21 PM

Ross Durham:

Thanks.  I did call yesterday and I was eventually able to explain the situation but they could not do anything and I was directed to post to the forums. 

I am running 4.2a rc1, and just restarted again.  Nothing.

Apologies Logos could not authorize NIV 2011 in light of misleading statement.  Logos does have a personalized upgrade page => http://www.logos.com/upgrade - still have option to upgrade to Scholar's or higher package, which would include NIV 2011 along with more resources (personally appreciate United Bible Society's Handbooks in Gold along with A.T. Robertson's Greek Grammar in Platinum and A.T. Robertson's Word Pictures in Scholar's).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 7:38 PM

Thank you.  I purchased UBS many years ago, along with other resources, so there is little value for me to upgrade to a higher base package. 

Ross

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 9:41 PM

Ross Durham:

Thank you.  I purchased UBS many years ago, along with other resources, so there is little value for me to upgrade to a higher base package. 

May be worth discussing upgrade discount to Scholar's Gold with Logos - comparing retail prices shows $ 965 difference (UBS NT and OT retails for $ 799)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 8:39 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Wonder if 2011 NIV still missing ?

Thanks for noticing my old post. Yes, it was still missing when you wrote, but it turned up tonight with the upgrade. Now I'm just missing one or two of the Christmas titles, but I'll e-mail CS about that some day. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS