Order and List in Commentary window

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 256
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011 12:54 PM

When I do a search on Reference on the HOME page, a window at the middle bottom opens to a certain commentary.

I would like to choose that, or even open several in there in the order of my choice.

Proiritizing under Library does not seem to be the whole answer.

How is this done?

Thanx

Bob.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 12:56 PM

The commentaries that open there are supposed to be determined by your priority list. I something being passed over on that list?

Posts 256
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:14 PM

I have lowered the one that always shows up, and raised others, but nothing changes.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:34 PM

Could you take a screen capture of your priority list and what shows up when you start from the Go box? I tested one and the commentary that opened was my highest prioritized for that book of the Bible.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 2:00 PM

I might add to make sure that the commentary series you prioritized actually has a volume on the book you are studying.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 256
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:40 AM

5023.LogosSearch1.docx

The Darby Synopsis is always coming up in the centre bottom of the screen.

How do I get something else to come up?

How could I get something else, to come up first, followed by Darby?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:12 AM

Bob Diebel:

You might also want to add a screen shot of your Priorities (that were used when you took the last screen shot) here in this post. (e.g. Open your Library and click on Prioritize. Something similar to the image below)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 256
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:59 PM

There should be a second page with priority.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 4:25 PM

Bob Diebel:
There should be a second page with priority.

i see what you mean now (as in your docx file there is a 2nd page). See EDIT2 below for details.

In the image i showed, there is a vertical scrollbar which can be slide to view the prioritized resources.

To see my full prioritization, see the wiki page Example of full Prioritized list (please be patient when navigating to this wiki article as the page is large and it takes several seconds for your browser to finish locating the article).

i am uncertain to how you have setup your prioritization. Have you setup your prioritization in the Library window? If you look at this wiki article Introduction (in the Library wiki page) you will see how prioritization effects the order of commentaries in your Passage Guide (see the image under this article). So if you need help setting up Prioritization beyond that of the wiki, please ask here. Or if you have prioritized your commentaries, please show a screen shot of your prioritization which was used with your previous image of your Passage Guide.

EDIT: it appears from your screen shot, that you are using the reference box on the Home page to start your search. So the commentary with the highest priority which contains a direct reference to your scripture reference is used by Logos4 to select which commentary is shown in the layout window that you are viewing.

EDIT2:

(image below is a snippet from your image)

1. This is the only Commentary that you have prioritized. That is why Logos4 is showing it in your layout view (which you entered from the Home page). It is advised to setup at least 5 commentaries. (please read the wiki on Prioritizing)

2. This is not considered a commentary by Logos4. It considers it Bible Notes. So this is why it is not used as a commentary.

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:26 PM

steve clark:
This is not considered a commentary by Logos4. It considers it Bible Notes.

If you have a custom Passage Guide you can create a collection of commentaries, including MacArthur, and put it into the Commentaries section. Whilst the layout from Home Page will open to a "proper" commentary you can open others from PG, which arranges Commentaries and Notes according to priority eg. MacArthur will be first followed by other Prioritised "commentaries".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:50 PM

Dave Hooton:
Whilst the layout from Home Page will open to a "proper" commentary you can open others from PG, which arranges Commentaries and Notes according to priority eg. MacArthur will be first followed by other Prioritised "commentaries".

Yes, you are right. But in his earlier reply, i think he is talking about the Commentary tab which appears in the layout opened from the Home page. So i was trying to help him get that Commentary tab to open to a commentary which he might want.

Bob Diebel:

The Darby Synopsis is always coming up in the centre bottom of the screen. How do I get something else to come up?

Thanks, i did realize that you could add a collection with Study Bibles to the Commentaries section of the PG.

Also if i understand you, yes he could click on the other commentaries (Notes) in the PG and it would open them beside the Commentary tab.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS