Translation Priority within a Translation

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 2:23 AM

Ron Corbett:
I may be stretching this too far [or may not have set it up right yet] but I have JPS Commentaries set to Lexham Hebrew Interlinear and a book on the Septuagint set to open the LXX Interlinear. I am getting my Prioritized Bible (ESV). Do I need to move these Prioritized Resources ABOVE the ESV for it to work? Or am I taking this in a wrong direction?

Rather counter-intuitively, you don't need to move advanced prioritisations to the top (see the earlier correction to my post, above). It looks like resources with advanced prioritisation trump those with ordinary prioritisation, even when they're lower in the list.

Anyway, to get back to your Septuagint example, you shouldn't have any difficulty:

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:56 AM

Mark Barnes:
Rather counter-intuitively, you don't need to move advanced prioritisations to the top (see the earlier correction to my post, above). It looks like resources with advanced prioritisation trump those with ordinary prioritisation, even when they're lower in the list.
It just boggles my mind why/how this would be.  The prioritization list is supposed to give top down priority and now there are exceptions?  

I guess that means that programmatically the advanced prioritizations are all checked first - which isn't a hard rule to follow, but shouldn't it have been documented somewhere?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 4:52 PM

Thomas Black:
but shouldn't it have been documented somewhere?

We usually discover the logic and then document it in the wikiCool

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 1:33 AM

To me the logic of the specific first and (if not existing for the given resource) than general, looks natural. It worked this way all the time.

Bohuslav

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:14 PM

Thomas Black:
t just boggles my mind why/how this would be.

This has been confirmed as a bug, and fixed in 4.2a beta 6: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.2a_Beta_6 - so, for clarity, in this case the advanced prioritised resourced should be placed above the other resources.

Posts 90
Garcia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:57 AM

A little late to the conversation but none the less I wanted to express my thanks for this information. I noticed the problem a while ago but had no idea on how to resolve the Bible link issue. Tried it and it is working perfectly.

However, this caused me to go back into Libronix to check to see if  the same issue existed there as well, and it does. When you hover or select a link the default Bible (at the top) will always be used. Was there a work around for this as well?  I searched the forum and the wiki page but could not find any reference to this issue.

Once again, Thaaaannnnnnkkkkkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuu so very much for this solution. 

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:06 PM

Garcia:
Once again, Thaaaannnnnnkkkkkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuu so very much for this solution. 

Normally best to post in the Logos 3/Libronix Forum. But L3 doesn't have advanced prioritization as documented here for L4 but you can make a reference open in another bible by using the equivalent of "Send hyperlinks here".

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS