missing resources

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:36 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I have updated my PC I have installed the core Logos 4 but it is trying to install my  missing resources  by not downloading them for the internet. I copied all my resources to a folder in my second hard drive ( D) it is called Resources. How do get Logos 4 to use this rather than download.

I also made a folder on my main drive (C) called Logos 4 rather than the defult thought I would try to make it easer? I have a second 2TB HD  were I have the Books ( resources) which I copied prior to upgarding my motherboard. I knew I would have to do a fresh reinstall of window 7 Ult 64 Bit ( therfore the backup)

If you could give me a step by step on how to do this using the command bar etc I would be most grateful as we here in NZ have to pay for the size of our downloads and I am out of my allotted Gb’s that I have for this month. And I would rather not pay the extra fees which the ISP charge here in NZ. (And boy do they sting you when you are over your limit).

Big Smile

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:42 PM

John, the first thing you need to know is that Logos 4 cannot be installed over two different drives without using a software rediredtion tool. So you will need to install everything on one drive.

You can follow the directions on the wiki for installing Logos on a second computer. You'll find them here: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers  You'll need Method Three.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:42 PM

John, check out the instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers you should be able to adapt it to avoid downloading everything. 

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:00 PM

Hi to you both yes I know it has to be on one drive what I am trying to do is "shift" all my resources to the main hard drive which is C rather than download the whole collection again I tried to manually do this in the correct sub file  but it did not work. I was told to try using the menu bar with Logos 4 to scan D:\Resources

cheers... John

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:04 PM

John Nagle:
I was told to try using the menu bar with Logos 4 to scan D:\Resources

That should do the trick.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:10 PM

Just turn off the auto update typed in scan\D:resource, but no luck The folder on my second harddrive is called Resoures... the serach  results I get is 0 results

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:27 PM

Remember that the scan command does not work until you close and reopen Logos. Did you do that? When you reopen, if it is working, you will see the Preparing Library screen for some time.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 7:18 PM

Yes it comes up with " Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Preparing Library" but nothing changes... alsa

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 7:49 PM

My PC is running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS,Intel i7 CPU, 12 GB DDR 3, 260GB SSD HD, 2x graphics Card with 3GB DDR5 and has a Windows experience 7.1 rating. so should have no issues with the spec of my machine.

Still cannot seem to be able to get Logos4 to copy over my "Books on my second HD which is a 2tb HD.

Many thanks for all your help so far .........JohnSmile

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 9:31 PM

John Nagle:

Hi to you both yes I know it has to be on one drive what I am trying to do is "shift" all my resources to the main hard drive which is C rather than download the whole collection again I tried to manually do this in the correct sub file  but it did not work. I was told to try using the menu bar with Logos 4 to scan D:\Resources

Correct. Make sure that is echoed under Tools when you type it in and then click that line. Restart L4 to activate it.

If you want to install to your user  folder, then check "Custom" option  and specify  C:\Users\{user_name} and it will be installed to C:\Users\{user_name}\Logos4!

This should help you to follow Method 3 from the Quick Install wiki link.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS