Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:42 PM

I recently downloaded the McCheyne book that was offered free. It downloaded fine but only showed up as a locked resource in my library. When I tried to synchronize licenses I received the following error message:

Synchronize Licenses

An error occurred synchronizing your licenses with a Libronix server.

There was an error connecting to the server. Please try again later.

To close this dialog, click Close.

I tried rebooting and retrying. I waited a day and tried again. no joy.

I checked my firewall and there are two libronix entries: Libronix and Libronix Update. Both are set to full permission.

Any ideas why I'm getting an error?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:50 PM

It sounds like you downloaded the book but didn't install the license.  Installing the license has to happen before Synchronising will do anything for you.

In order to install the license, go to your account page, locate the order and click on the order #.  This will open up the purchase order or receipt page.  

Click on the "download instructions for previous versions" section and click UNLOCK.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:35 PM

I did that. After I saw your post I went and did it again. But for some reason the license is not synchronizing. As I mentioned in my first post, when I tried going to Tools -> Library Management -> Synchronize Licenses it gave me the error message above. So for some reason it is not allowing my system to synchronize licenses with the server.

Any other possible solutions?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:40 PM

Have you got a firewall blocking your access to the Libronix sync server?

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:55 PM

Look in my first post: My firewall has two entries: one for Libronix and one for Libronix Update. Both are set to full permission.

My library show three slightly different titles for the McCheyne book as follows:

under the author "McCheyne, R.M."

*Memoir and Remains of R.M. McCheyne

*Memoir of McCheyne

[both of these are grayed out and locked]

under the author "McCheyne, Robert Murray"

*Memoir and Remains of the Reverend Robert Murray McCheyne

[this one is black text but also locked]

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 6:49 AM

Matthew Ward Hanna:
Look in my first post: My firewall has two entries: one for Libronix and one for Libronix Update. Both are set to full permission.
Grrr.  Sorry.  I missed the obvious again.  

There doesn't happen to be an error # associated with the error is there?

such as: Error Line 2604 while Synchronizing Licenses - Logos Bible Software http://www.logos.com/support/article/907

Check the Wiki

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 12:42 AM

I rechecked but, sorry, no error number. I did look at the support article you mentioned. I'm running Logos 3.0g in Windows 7 on a 64-bit computer.  I could try running the command suggested in that support article (regsvr32 ole32.dll), but I'm not sure what it does. Will it mess anything up on my system if I try it and that's not the problem?

I appreciate your suggestions and I'm willing to try it if you think its a possible solution. By the way, I'm overseas, so our times are backwards.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 5:22 AM

Matthew Ward Hanna:
I could try running the command suggested in that support article (regsvr32 ole32.dll), but I'm not sure what it does. Will it mess anything up on my system if I try it and that's not the problem?
No, all it does is remind the system where that dll file is (well it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's a good enough description).

Check the Wiki

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 5:32 AM

Here's another idea Matthew, let's turn on logging for Libronix.  See these articles for instructions:

Check the Wiki

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 7:13 AM

Thomas,

I've followed the instructions in your last post and now have a zip file containing the 2 log files. Where should I send them? to the address in the article (titusbeta@libronix.com)??? or to you???  I looked in them with a text editor but it looked way to complicated for me to figure anything out.

1. I enabled logging.

2. I ran Logos and tried (again unsuccessfully) to synchronize licenses.

3. I closed Logos.

4. I disabled logging.

5. I zipped up the 2 log files (ldls.log & libsys.log).

6. waiting further instructions...

by the way I ran the command from the "run" prompt suggested in the previous post and generated an error message: as follows:

The module "ole32.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Server failed with error code 0x80070005.

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 3:29 PM

Send them to tech@logos.com  with a description of the problem and reference this thread.

I just Synchronized successfully, living in Australia.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 4:01 PM

Matthew Ward Hanna:

Thomas,

I've followed the instructions in your last post and now have a zip file containing the 2 log files. Where should I send them? to the address in the article (titusbeta@libronix.com)??? or to you???  I looked in them with a text editor but it looked way to complicated for me to figure anything out.

1. I enabled logging.

2. I ran Logos and tried (again unsuccessfully) to synchronize licenses.

3. I closed Logos.

4. I disabled logging.

5. I zipped up the 2 log files (ldls.log & libsys.log).

6. waiting further instructions...

by the way I ran the command from the "run" prompt suggested in the previous post and generated an error message: as follows:

The module "ole32.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Server failed with error code 0x80070005.

Matthew,

I forwarded your question onto someone in our tech support department earlier today and they will be getting in touch with you via email (they might have already done so) about how to fix the issue you are describing. The steps they sent you in the email should take care of the DLLRegister Server error.

Thank you,

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 5:05 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to helping me solve this problem. I was contacted by tech support with the following solution which allowed me to successfully synchronize my license.

"With Libronix closed could you please open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck the box for Check for publisher and Check for server certification revocation. Apply these changes, open Libronix and attempt to synchronize again."

Evidently this was keeping the DLLRegister Server from registering the "ole32.dll".

The McCheyne book now appears as an unlocked resource in my library.

Blessings to all!

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:53 PM

Good news , Matthew and thanks for describing the fix.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS