Team Logos - timeline update

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2011 6:26 PM

Giovanni Baggio, you may have misunderstood the tone of my response towards you, it was not meant to be mean spirited, but rather to help you see the results of your actions.

As far as resulting to name calling, there is no doubt that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, however I am working on a ThD, as a result of a scholarship for helping a large seminary redo their theology degrees from start to the ThD level.  To call me st*pid may be too much, but it does show your passion maybe more than it needs to be, and it only helps demonstrate my point.  You are not helping Logos out by throwing fits and making wild statements over the small stuff.  I hope you will see this, but if you don't that is okay, I have done my best to help!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2011 11:11 PM

Giovanni Baggio:
GROW UP! You're only making yourself look st*pid

Giovanni,

Have prayed specifically for you many times and will pray for you again: including that Romans 5 becomes a reality in your life, especially sharing the Love of Jesus Christ.  Also, I'm rejoicing in Jesus Christ and praying for my words and actions to reflect the magnificent Love of Jesus Christ.  Likewise I'm praying to Logos (the Word) for Logos (company and employees, including families) and all Logos forum users, especially Pastors.

With Many Volunteer Posts (MVP), have interacted with many virtual Logos friends that enjoy living room style conversation, often with Smiles (in a loving tone).  Your "st*pid" words prompted me to search my Logos library, which lead me to "Preaching with Spiritual Passion: How to Stay Fresh in Your Calling" that is included in Leader's base package plus Scholar's base package and above.  Chapter 9 BUT DO YOU LOVE ME? includes: logosres:pstsoul3;ref=Page.p_149;off=369

Loving the jerks

In a lecture at Beeson Divinity School, Dr. Elizabeth Achtemeier told of a former student who couldn’t preach. She struggled to understand what was wrong, until he started talking about his congregation: “They’re all a bunch of stupid jerks,” he said. Achtemeier stated unequivocally, “It is impossible to preach to people you hate.”

While that may seem obvious, her point underscores the fact that effective preaching is at least one part relationship. How does a pastor preach so the people feel loved?

I certainly never felt loved by most of the preachers of my childhood. I remember Brother Bob—loud, emotional, animated—but we left each Sunday with the weight of our sin increased; our sense of unworthiness magnified. Hope was never proffered to our souls.

Rowell, E. K., & Goetz, D. L. (1998). Preaching with spiritual passion. The pastor's soul series (149). Minneapolis, Minn.: Bethany House.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:06 PM

Keep Smiling!     *smile*         Peace to you!

Thank you for a very fine loving and evangelical post!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5
Kyle Niewald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:25 PM

MJ. Smith:

True story which may be irrelevant.

A friend's 19 year old son sustained brain damage in a motorcycle accident. Unfortunately, the part of his brain that was injured controlled impulsive control. Tim can remember being normal, want to be normal but that still doesn't translate into being able to control his impulses. 20 years later, his life is hell to the point his mother wishes he had not survived.

Lol I'm sorry but this was completely irrelevant.. I find it quite amusing though that being in a college, I find middle aged men who still want the last word. And not to be out of line but if there is a working copy of logos on an android even though it's in the alpha stage, there must be a timeline at least internally.. I as well have been patiently waiting and checking the site every day..

Posts 5
Kyle Niewald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:27 PM

Btw.. I wish there was a like button

Posts 27020
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 12:26 AM

Kyle Niewald:
Lol I'm sorry but this was completely irrelevant..

You know the poster who was viewed as out of line?

Welcome to the forums. If you haven't read the guidelines, you may wish to do so. Although some threads go a bit off course - humor or anger - we generally stay on the topic of how to use Logos products,

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:29 AM

Kyle Niewald:
And not to be out of line but if there is a working copy of logos on an android even though it's in the alpha stage, there must be a timeline at least internally.. I as well have been patiently waiting and checking the site every day..

Yes, I'm guessing they do have a rough idea of how much longer they need. But it's likely wrong. Software development estimates for first-time implementations of things are notoriously wrong. Anyway, they are not going to release an internal timeline. It would not be strategically beneficial to them.

However, here's the latest teaser from Logos developer Dave Dunkin:

The fact that they are testing it on a new device is a good sign. It means they are getting to the configuration testing stage. It can't be too much longer now. I doubt there will be a public beta test, as there wasn't one for the iPhone app. So I think we're just going to have to hold on until it's ready for shipping. It's probably a matter of weeks now, not months. But this is totally speculation on my part from having worked in software development before.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS