Copy Multiple Bible Verse Selections

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2011 3:08 PM

In Libronix Copy Bible Verses allowed for multiple verses from various texts to be copied and pasted. This does not seem to be the case in Logos4 -- For instance in attempting to copy and paste 1 Cor. 13:1-3 and 8-13 I had to copy verses 1-3 and then copy verses 8-13 in separate sessions of the CBV in Logos4. What am I missing.

Also, why do I need to click on the reference for the verses I type into the CBV window?  If I want to copy 1 Cor 13:1-3, I must enter the text in the CBV window, then click on the verses that appear in a highlighted window or it will move back to whatever the active bible window is set at.  Not very helpful at all.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 3:44 PM

David Langer:
In Libronix Copy Bible Verses allowed for multiple verses from various texts to be copied and pasted. This does not seem to be the case in Logos4 -- For instance in attempting to copy and paste 1 Cor. 13:1-3 and 8-13 I had to copy verses 1-3 and then copy verses 8-13 in separate sessions of the CBV in Logos4. What am I missing.

I just did this by typing 1Cor 13:1–3, 8–13 in the CBV command bar. I hit enter and I'm good to go.

David Langer:
Also, why do I need to click on the reference for the verses I type into the CBV window?  If I want to copy 1 Cor 13:1-3, I must enter the text in the CBV window, then click on the verses that appear in a highlighted window or it will move back to whatever the active bible window is set at.  Not very helpful at all.

To change this behavior: in the CBV open the panel on the left and at the link set choose "None" (the default is "Follow" which does what you're describing). Logos assumes that if you're at a certain place in your Bible and want to copy a text, it's probably the text you're looking at.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:17 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
To change this behavior: in the CBV open the panel on the left and at the link set choose "None" (the default is "Follow" which does what you're describing).

added this info to the Copy Bible Verse wiki

Copying Multiple Verses

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:29 PM

The "Follow" was my problem (Just gotta love these undocumented features) and the reason it wouldn't accept multiple verse sets -- turned it to "none" and it does it easily now!

Thanks for the quick help.

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:43 PM

The Wiki page helped me customize my CBV formatting -- thanks for providing this!

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:45 PM

For the Wiki page you may want to add CTRL+ALT+B opens the Copy Bible Verse dialogue in your Windows application.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:46 PM

David Langer:
For the Wiki page you may want to add CTRL+ALT+B opens the Copy Bible Verse dialogue in your Windows application.

will do, Thanks!

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:50 PM

steve clark:

Richard DeRuiter:
To change this behavior: in the CBV open the panel on the left and at the link set choose "None" (the default is "Follow" which does what you're describing).

added this info to the Copy Bible Verse wiki

Copying Multiple Verses

Thanks for doing this, Steve.

BTW, typing semi-colons between non-contiguous passages also works. This is the convention for doing so, when introducing a new book or chapter, as in Acts 2:42; 6:4; 1Tim 4:16. You may want to include that in the Wiki as well (I don't really have time to edit there right now).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:23 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
BTW, typing semi-colons between non-contiguous passages also works. This is the convention for doing so, when introducing a new book or chapter, as in Acts 2:42; 6:4; 1Tim 4:16. You may want to include that in the Wiki as well (I don't really have time to edit there right now).

No problem, its done. All combinations in the table tested and worked.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS