Vatican II Documents on Pre-pub!

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 58 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 287
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 9 2011 6:03 PM

Thank you, Logos!   http://www.logos.com/product/8825/vatican-ii-documents

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 6:10 PM

Yay! How did that sneak in there? I check the pre-pub page every day, and that wasn't on the list yesterday or the day before, and yet it's now showing up below Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software and TableTalk when I sort the pre-pubs by Newest first.

Posts 1646
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 6:27 PM

BradN:

Okay: I'm in. These are represent a really significant piece of church history, even for a non-Catholic.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:24 PM

Rosie Perera:

Yay! How did that sneak in there? I check the pre-pub page every day, and that wasn't on the list yesterday or the day before, and yet it's now showing up below Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software and TableTalk when I sort the pre-pubs by Newest first.

I think it went in today around 5:00 pm EST.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:58 PM

tom collinge:

Rosie Perera:

I think it went in today around 5:00 pm EST.

Yes that's what I thought, but those other two were in there by yesterday, so I don't know why the "sort by Newest" view shows this below those.

Posts 1447
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:25 PM

Thanks I ordered. Glad to see more Catholic resources

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:24 PM

Yes many thanks for bringing to my attention. I hardly ever check pre pub as so rarely anything of interest for me. This is not yet on the dedicated catholic page either (probably too modern material as only 50 years old!).

Catechism next please!

John

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:30 PM

john joyce:
Catechism next please!

Yes

Posts 1002
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:35 AM

I notice on the product page it states "With the extensively linked Vatican II Documents, resources such as the Early Church Fathers Special Catholic Edition...." Does this mean that it is linked to those files instead of the "protestant" ECF files that most of us with base packages have?

Tom

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:46 AM

Tom Reynolds:
I notice on the product page it states "With the extensively linked Vatican II Documents, resources such as the Early Church Fathers Special Catholic Edition...." Does this mean that it is linked to those files instead of the "protestant" ECF files that most of us with base packages have?

I don't know the official answer, but I would be very surprised if it meant only the Catholic edition (which is a subset of the original edition, of course). Every other resource I've seen that links to ECF links by reference type, which means either edition will open, depending on what you own and have prioritised.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:47 AM

Do we presume this resource is in English only?

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 2:00 AM

Mark Barnes:

Do we presume this resource is in English only?

That is implied by this line in the product description: "The Logos Bible Software edition of the Vatican II Documents is the English translation published by Libreria Editrice Vaticana."

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 2:02 AM

Rosie Perera:
That is implied by this line in the product description: "The Logos Bible Software edition of the Vatican II Documents is the English translation published by Libreria Editrice Vaticana."

I must need new glasses. Embarrassed

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 3:05 AM

Rosie Perera:

I checked earlier in the day and they weren't there then (That would now be yesterday).  This is significant since Vatican II is important even to those of us who aren't Roman Catholic since it affects the Church throughout the world (I do not intend to offend any Roman Catholic members of the community, but I happen to hold that all christians are members of the "One holy catholic church" which means that we too are entitled to call ourselves catholic).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:49 AM

Indeed, the Catechism would be a great resource, the newest 1994 edition, with searchable Scripture references. But the older ones, like Pius X and the Baltimore Catechisms would be an asset, too.

Posts 434
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:51 AM

Amen to that, and also all the other catholic Council documents, for those of us with an interest in Catholic theology and its development.

Posts 287
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:52 AM

Now on the Logos blog:  http://blog.logos.com/

Let's get this into production!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:11 AM

George!    Peace!                                                     and ...............          Joy in the Lord!

You said: "George Somsel Replied: Today 3:05 AM

Rosie Perera:

I checked earlier in the day and they weren't there then (That would now be yesterday).  This is significant since Vatican II is important even to those of us who aren't Roman Catholic since it affects the Church throughout the world (I do not intend to offend any Roman Catholic members of the community, but I happen to hold that all christians are members of the "One holy catholic church" which means that we too are entitled to call ourselves catholic).

george
gfsomsel"

Why not the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church?

*smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:28 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Why not the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church?

Yeah, that too.

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." 10 And in the spirit he carried me away to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It has the glory of God and a radiance like a very rare jewel, like jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It has a great, high wall with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates are inscribed the names of the twelve tribes of the Israelites; 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city has twelve foundations, and on them are the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 237
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:32 AM

I'm not going to offend any Catholic’s either, no more that Paul would have anyhow. True, real charity is about truth and grace. Check out Galatians.

So why not tap into Mormon, Jehovah Witness or for that matter Voodoo.

I’m disappointed when my home page show up so much stuff from Roman Catholic falsehoods.

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS