ESV Study Bible Maps

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:26 PM

Steve,

I was not doing it inside of Word--my screen shot is from Logos4Mac.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It's what I had already done. Here's what I found out... In Logos4Mac the hyperlinks work when you first paste everything into the Note UNTIL you close the Note and then when you reopen the Note in Logos4Mac all of the hyperlinks are gone (no longer work). When you click, right click, control click, command click (it doesn't matter) it opens the field for editing--you never get the little hand with the pointer finger cursor.

So I copied and pasted into Logos4 for Windows and the hyperlinks stick. After syncing, I can open the Logos4Mac and they work correctly--with the following exceptions: I don't get a pop up window showing the Bible text when hovering over the hyperlink and I just click on the links (NOT control or command click) to open the links.

I wonder if there's some kind of bug in Logos4Mac??

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 2:03 AM

Dan Giese:

What you describe sounds like a bug. You should report it on the Logos 4 Mac forum (or Mac Beta if you're using the beta) with a link to this thread with the Word file to download/copy/paste so the developers can reproduce the problem.

Posts 213
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:25 AM

Steve-

This is awesome!!  Thank you - are you planning any more?

BIG Yes

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:52 AM

Cool Yes

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:56 AM

A valuable service - thanks a lot! Yes

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:45 AM

steve clark:
If this is useful to you, reply with a thumbs up.

Yes Works great with L4 Mac and MS Word 2008. Thanks a lot Yes I haven't put it in a note file yet, but I like it.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:56 AM

Dan Giese:
was not doing it inside of Word--my screen shot is from Logos4Mac.

I wondered about that when I first read your post. For the benefit of Windows users, Control-Click on a Mac is equivalent to right-click, a holdover from the days of a single button mouse.

Dan Giese:
In Logos4Mac the hyperlinks work when you first paste everything into the Note UNTIL you close the Note and then when you reopen the Note in Logos4Mac all of the hyperlinks are gone (no longer work).

Notes in L4 Mac are very much a work in progress. If I want to do work with notes, I always fire up Parallels and use L4 win. My work will then synch with L4 Mac.

Dan Giese:

It is not a bug as much as it is not yet implemented. As I said above, I do any notes work in L4 Win, else I fear I might revert to sailor language Big Smile

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 6:04 AM

Yes thanks

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:04 AM

steve clark:

If this is useful to you, reply with a thumbs up. Otherwise i don't know if ya'll want something like this next time i build one.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:10 AM

John Brumett:
Here are the verses associated for the ESV Study Bible.  Maybe you could merge these together with the links and that way the scripture references can be searchable.

John,

Thanks for doing this, when i get time i will add it to my notes. This is a good idea!

What is the number with a hyphen before each map link?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:48 AM

These are how they are numbered in the ESV Bible Atlas.  The ESV Bible Atlas comes with a CD and links to the Maps but not in Libronix.   

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 10:18 AM

steve clark:
If this is useful to you, reply with a thumbs up. Otherwise i don't know if ya'll want something like this next time i build one

Yes

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:22 PM

Anthony U:
are you planning any more?

i am thinking about linking the charts in the ESVSB. i have a fondness for charts. Don't when that will happen tho.

Posts 1703
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 2:45 PM

Yes

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 213
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:25 PM

Charst would be great!!  I can't wait - no pressure, hehe!

Posts 592
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 6:31 PM

Yes Very cool! Thanks for a great contribution!

Posts 5
Donald L. Platt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:15 PM

Thanks for this useful study aid.  It increases the value of using the ESV Study Bible on Logos 4.  Six thumbs up!

YesYesYes

YesYesYes

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 4:52 PM

Peace, Steve!

*smile*

I am truly very pleased to receive the fruit of your labours!

It has already been helpful to me, and most certainly will be in the future.

Thank you!

Peace to you!                            And!            Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:15 PM

Updated Map list

my first pass in building the link list for ESV SB maps was done via a Search. I found that the search missed some maps. So i have manually scrolled through the whole ESV SB and updated the link list. i have marked links which were inserted since the first link list, they have a next to it in the Word document.

1261.ESVSB Maps for notes.doc

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:10 AM

Thanks Steve for the great resource, I am enjoying it in my ESV study! And especially thanks for showing the changes, I too have separated the maps by book as Rosie shows, this will help me update my map Notes!

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS