Turn off pop up windows

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 159
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 12 2011 8:57 AM

Is there a way to turn off the windows that pop up when my pointer rolls over a book or Bible title in the passage guide and elsewhere? These are the windows that give info about the book. All they do is block my view of the rest of the window I originally wanted to see.

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:17 AM

The only way to do this is to turn on the Interlinear panel. This info should only pop up in Bibles with Interlinear capability anyway, so that option should be available. Click the button that looks like this: 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:20 AM

Rosie gave the way to turn off the morphology pop-up but the other pop-ups cannot be turned off to my knowledge. You'll have to take the time to position your mouse cursor where it can't get in the way.

Posts 12
Stan Duncan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:39 PM

They really do get in the way, as Donn said, and take up so much space on the screen. That is probably the single-most irritating thing about Logos which is basically a good program. I hate  fighting with the popups, always trying to rush my cursor over a book or around it to keep the pop up from jumping up at me. How many times do we actually need to read the publication information and review of a commentary we've been using for years?

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:34 PM

Stan Duncan:
That is probably the single-most irritating thing about Logos which is basically a good program.

I agree.

Sometimes the some popups are useful. Should be user definable in detail for the normal use.

And one toggle button when I want to see them all when needed. Not a right-click long-scroll menu.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:54 PM

Stan Duncan:
They really do get in the way, as Donn said, and take up so much space on the screen.

Stan,

Be aware that you are responding to a very old thread in a forum for Logos 4; which is no longer supported. You can make a suggestion on UserVoice but note that changes like this can only be implemented in the current version; Logos 7.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS