You own this resource, but for some reason it is not in your library

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 58
Bert Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:25 AM

I did a search,  and the above message appeared when I opened BibSac 141 from the search results. However if I go to the library I can open the resource and use it. there seems to be some error somewhere.

The error message then states that I should Update resources now. The button in the error message however does not work. If I run update now from the command bar then I am informed no updates available.

How do I correct this?

Blessings to ALL

BERT

Bert Barnes

Acer Extensa, 4gig Ram, 160gig 5400 HD, Core 2 duo processor, WinXP

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:26 AM

Try the command update resources instead.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 58
Bert Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:43 AM

Thomas Black:
Try the command update resources instead.

Did this - still no joy....I wonder is this an index issue (should not be as the search does find the item) or is there some other problem?

Hopefully I will get an answer.

Thank you

Bert

Bert Barnes

Posts 18672
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:46 AM

To check whether it's an index issue, you could try rebuild index. This could take a few hours, depending on how slow your machine is and how many resources you have in your library.

What was your search criterion, and which result did you click on? I don't have BibSac, but perhaps someone else who has it could try to reproduce this and confirm whether clicking on that same search result works for them.

Posts 58
Bert Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:07 AM

Rosie Perera:
What was your search criterion, and which result did you click on?

I did a search for "how to do a word study" entire library. My search results brought up:

Book Reviews Bibliotheca Sacra Volume 141 V 141, N 561, p 87
of the biblical writings; the historical, physical, cultural setting of the books; how to do a word study;
analyzing thought structure (syntax and mechanical layouts of sentences); and the…

When I click on the resource in the search results panel,to open, it I get the error message. The rest of the search results work OK. 

However as I mentioned I can open the resource through the library listing, it is there and the article is available.

I have tried to copy paste / print the error message but cannot get it right.

Thanks

Bert Barnes

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:08 AM

I tried a random search which should only be found in Bibliotheca Sacra 141, clicked on the results, and it came up fine.  If update resources and rebuild index don't work you may have a corrupt file, which will require deleting the resource and restarting Logos so it pulls down a new fresh copy.  Or you could call Customer Service as maybe your license file is messed up on the server.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS