Create collection from all open resources?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:34 PM

Is there a way to create a collection from all open resources in one step (without adding them individually)?

My only reason for wanting to do this is that I have a saved layout with a large number of resources for a research paper, and I want to generate a bibliography of the list of resources (which can be done if they are in a collection).

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:33 AM

No, I don't believe you can do that, but you can drag all the resources that are open in one tile all together into a Favorites folder by holding down the Shift key while you drag one of their tabs. So you could do this for all open tiles, and then it'll be a tiny bit easier to create the collection because you'll be able to drag the titles one at a time from the Favorites folder, where they're more uniformly distributed and closer together.

We are awaiting the day when multiple drag to a collection is possible!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:02 AM

While they are open you could apply a unique rating or tag to each of them (you would have to do it one at a time), say a 2 star rating, or a tag "My Research", and then it would be easy to go back and create a collection using the rule rating:=2 or Mytag:"My Research". 

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:00 AM

Two other options, depending on your ultimate goal:

1. rename the open resources to layout - thus allowing you to open these resources. 
  2. add a common tag (in the library) to each open resource.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:08 AM

Floyd Johnson:
What is your ultimate goal (searching, re-opening,  or re-finding the resources, etc.) in having the open resources as a collection - that may help us give more appropriate suggestions.

He already said his ultimate goal is to generate a bibliography.

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:19 AM

oops - missed it.  Edited my original post.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:40 AM

Rosie Perera:

No, I don't believe you can do that, but you can drag all the resources that are open in one tile all together into a Favorites folder by holding down the Shift key while you drag one of their tabs. So you could do this for all open tiles, and then it'll be a tiny bit easier to create the collection because you'll be able to drag the titles one at a time from the Favorites folder, where they're more uniformly distributed and closer together.

We are awaiting the day when multiple drag to a collection is possible!

Rosie, your suggestion seemed like the best way to go. I was able to shift-drag all resources from one tile into a Favorites folder in one step. But I see no way to get a resource from Favorites into the collection. Dragging it from Favorites, no matter where I drop the resource in the collection window, it opens the resource in a new pane, rather than adding the resource to the collection. I can drag a resource from Library to a collection, but not from Favorites to a collection.

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 11:57 AM

It seems to me that Logos should put the automatic collection "All Open Resources" (which appears in the search window) into the Collections window selection list as a unmodifiable collection.

Then we could easily create bibliographies for our current work.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:34 PM

Todd Phillips:

It seems to me that Logos should put the automatic collection "All Open Resources" (which appears in the search window) into the Collections window selection list as a unmodifiable collection.

That would do it. Great suggestion!

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:59 PM

Todd Phillips:

Great idea! Yes

Posts 23
CJ Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2020 1:45 PM

I know this was an old question, but for sake of reference, I needed to do this recently, and here is how I accomplished it in just a few (not one) steps:

1. From layout where resources are all opened that you want a collection for, choose Docs and create New Bibliography Document and rename it accordingly

2. Click "Add" button and select "All Open Resources"

3. From the new Bibliography, click the "3 Dots" and choose "Save as Collection"

4. Rename Collection accordingly and then manually scan and remove any unwanted resources from the list

Posts 13
Max H. Normanns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2021 1:12 AM

Yes Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS