Nicer Library View

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Pastor Peter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:36 AM

I like to be able to look at a bookshelf and be reminded of content by the visual cues of book covers.  Why not make a view for the library that shows only covers, arranged side by side and shelf by shelf according to subject.

ie.  show all bible covers together side by side on a "shelf" (in a row),  next row: commentaries, etc:

There's just something about your eye quickly being able to browse visually.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:43 AM

I agree. In addition it would be nice if that functionality extended to collections 

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:34 PM

Do you know about Mark Barnes's bibliography report tool? It's really nice!! See http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/logos4-bibliographic-report

It has the capability to generate a bookshelf view as well, from which you can click and open books in Logos:

Mark's tool is awesome, but it's a bit cumbersome because it's outside Logos, and you have to update it periodically if you buy new books regularly.

I've requested that this feature be incorporated into Logos, but I don't know if they're going to do that. We'd have to add it as a UserVoice request and get lots of votes. I haven't been able to spare the votes lately to do that.

Posts 31419
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 6:44 PM

Rosie Perera:
We'd have to add it as a UserVoice request and get lots of votes. I haven't been able to spare the votes lately to do that.

Mark's version is on uservoice

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 6:53 PM

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:
We'd have to add it as a UserVoice request and get lots of votes. I haven't been able to spare the votes lately to do that.

Why yes, indeed it is, and guess who added it? I guess I've had so many irons in the fire I lost track of one of them.

Here's the link if you care to vote for it.

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 4:04 PM

Rosie Perera:

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:

Why yes, indeed it is, and guess who added it? I guess I've had so many irons in the fire I lost track of one of them.

Here's the link if you care to vote for it.

Rosie!  I LOVE Your Library Shelf Idea!!!

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:39 PM

Douglas:
Rosie!  I LOVE Your Library Shelf Idea!!!

I feed odd having it called my idea, since Mark Barnes came up with it. I'm just pushing to see it integrated into Logos.

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:43 PM

Ahh I Agree.  :)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS