How much did you pay?

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 17 2011 1:51 AM

$3.54 per resource!

On my account orders page, I noticed the rather embarrassing total dollar amount I've invested in Logos resources over the past 12 years or so.  Dividing by the number of resources in my library, I was surprised to discover that I've spent more than $3.54 per resource!

How about you?

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:00 AM

Don't feel so badly. I've paid an average of $7.74 per resource. Actually it's probably somewhat less than that because of all the hidden ones. But still probably about twice what you paid.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:07 AM

Well I guess the bright side is that a majority of my resources are worth 10x that amount...

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:25 AM

I am about 3 years with Logos.  And my average amount is the same as yours.

Still cheaper than Kindle, you know.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:26 AM

True.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:33 AM

Your post does reveal how successful Logos is - to make people purchase thousands of e-books at 1/3 of Kindle price.  But thousands of books!

:-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:53 AM

Timothy Ha:
Your post does reveal how successful Logos is - to make people purchase thousands of e-books at 1/3 of Kindle price.  But thousands of books!

Yup, I've spent about 615 times as much on Logos books as I have on Kindle books. Just goes to show you...

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:58 AM

On my orders page there is a dollar total for prepubs but there no longer is a total for all orders, and there used to be!  I tried not to look at it Huh?  maybe they are trying to be kind and not scare me with the total any more...Crying

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:20 AM

Dominick Sela:

On my orders page there is a dollar total for prepubs but there no longer is a total for all orders, and there used to be!  I tried not to look at it Huh?  maybe they are trying to be kind and not scare me with the total any more...Crying

Dominick, I don't mean to scare you, but there are four sections of your Orders page: Open Pre-Pub Orders, Open Community Pricing Bids, Order History, and Downloadable Libronix Files. When you scroll to the bottom of the page, you won't see a total. Try scrolling to the bottom of the section titled Order History, and that's where you'll see the total. I agree, it's pretty scary. Maybe that's why they hid it so well.

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 5:54 AM

$2.58 - I have portfolio and lots of journals and other additional resources. These were all purchased through the academic discount. (It almost makes tuition worth it Big Smile) I'm surprised that it's that low, but I'm very happy with that.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:27 AM

I've purchased so many Thomas Nelson products ---in the hundreds of books--that I really can't figure my total cost.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:36 AM

Rosie Perera:
Dominick, I don't mean to scare you, but there are four sections of your Orders page: Open Pre-Pub Orders, Open Community Pricing Bids, Order History, and Downloadable Libronix Files. When you scroll to the bottom of the page, you won't see a total. Try scrolling to the bottom of the section titled Order History, and that's where you'll see the total.

It's there, thanks Rosie I was going to the bottom.  That's a scary number indeed!  But I figure, if I didn't spend the money on my faith, and indirectly helping others with their faith through my support of Logos, I would have wasted money in other ways.

BTW, I have a very large library, and my number is $6.54 per resource.  I have bought some third party resources over the years so this is probably a little on the low side, but definitely not more than 5% or so I suspect...

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:47 AM

$2.01 per resource Smile

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:54 AM

Looks like about $2.16 per resource.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:06 AM

~$3.47

Posts 10646
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:18 AM

$8.41 after subtracting out the papyri/targums. Suspect avg-cost has much to do with the book-mix, since most of mine were on some form of pre-pub / sale.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3683
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:19 AM

I can't tell... it only includes resources I've bought through Logos. I had too many other purchases from Nelson, etc., that didn't seem to be reflected for the number to be meaningful.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:25 AM

< $3.00/resource.  (Portfolio plus much more).  Worth = Priceless!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:25 AM

Estimate $ 1.79 per resource (including 42 videos) average (library upgrades to platinum plus community pricing plus pre-pubs).

Thankful for Logos (word became flesh), Logos Bible Software, and Logos forums.  Rejoicing per Paul's imperative commands in Philippians 4:4-8

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1273
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:27 AM

Great measurement....

2.33 for me. Worth every penny 1.5 yrs

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS