How much did you pay?

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:33 AM

Chris Roberts:

~$3.47

C'mon now, they didn't pay you to take the resources.  Confess.

EDIT:  Oops !  I thought that was a negative rather than approximate.  Perhaps I need to enlarge the text size.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:38 AM

George Somsel:

Chris Roberts:

~$3.47

C'mon now, they didn't pay you to take the resources.  Confess.

In mathematics an equal symbol (=) with wavy lines like a tilde (~) means "approximate" since there's no corresponding ASCI character a simple tilde often suffices for approximitly. 

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 12:07 PM

Including 3rd party resources from Nelson, etc, I'm at $2.62 a resource.  It's worth it.

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 1:50 PM

George Somsel:
EDIT:  Oops !  I thought that was a negative rather than approximate.  Perhaps I need to enlarge the text size.

At 39, your arms might be getting too short. Big Smile It happened to me, but tri-focals can do wonders to aging eyesight. Big Smile

My resources average $3.22. If they were all NICOT/NT level that would be a real bargain.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:01 PM

$3.05  I'm quite encouraged by that!  It was truly well spent.

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 594
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:22 PM

I'm coming in at around $2.18 per resource...that will probably change some in the next few weeks and I'm not sure which way it will go. I'm hoping down, but if it raises a little.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:31 PM

I'm not sure my computations are correct since I had to count a large number of hidden resources and may have lost count, but I think it's around $6.40.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:21 PM

BillS:

I can't tell... it only includes resources I've bought through Logos. I had too many other purchases from Nelson, etc., that didn't seem to be reflected for the number to be meaningful.

Same here. I calculate $1.97/resource, but considering resources purchased from beyond the Logos website, I'm sure it is closer to $3+

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:39 PM

Mine comes in at $6.14, assuming my estimate that I bought 75% of my library directly from Logos is correct. It's higher than most of you here, despite my academic discount. I guess that's because I tend to purchase newer (hence more expensive) resources, and some big ticket items have bumped up the average significantly. The recent Zondervan bundle 2 came in at $19.15, AYC at $20.11, and NICOT/NICNT at $24.90. And vol. 5 of the Encyclopedia of Christianity was $69.95 for a single resource!

Posts 28005
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:48 PM

Mark Barnes:
Mine comes in at $6.14

Whew, that makes my 4.88 look better.Tongue Tied

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:05 PM

I must be good at this: I'm lower than even KS4J! Big Smile

Too bad the total sum isn't equally encouraging... And too bad that means that from now on the average can only go up...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:14 PM

$1.87 per resource. Worth every penny! Kudos to my Logos sales rep, Jim-Ray!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:20 PM

MJ. Smith:

Mark Barnes:
Mine comes in at $6.14

Whew, that makes my 4.88 look better.Tongue Tied

Some people just don't know how to shop. Always paying too much. ;)

I can't estimate how much I spent from other sources so have no idea what my final investment or cost is. Probably averages less than $5.00 a volume.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 98
Tim Hogan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:25 PM

$4.60 ah, can I have a do over? Nay, I would probably get closer to Mark's 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:39 PM

fgh:

Too bad the total sum isn't equally encouraging... And too bad that means that from now on the average can only go up...

I've spent over $12,000 on Logos with over $4,000 in the queue.  Sigh !  Like Mike Barnes I tend to buy newer works so it's only going to increase my average price.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:02 PM

fgh:

Looking at my orders page => purchases shipping soon or under contract average $ 6.11 per resource - know overall average heading up.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 1:20 PM

I'm at around $2.67, which doesn't include 3rd party stuff.

Posts 19
Jonas Hearus | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:03 PM

n/m

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:16 PM

Jason Hauser:
3. My last frustration relates to bundled packages. Last Christmas Logos promoted all kinds of deals of bundled books where the more you bought the more you saved per book. However, there was a lot of overlap with what was in the bundles and what you already have. So while it's still a good deal I now am really hesitant to buy a single work by any author because later a bundled set will come out and I can't take advantage of the savings without eating the individual titles I've already bought and factoring them into the savings for the new bundle.

I can appreciate that this would be problematic since I've run into the same situation.  I looked at the collection and saw that those I wanted I already had but those I didn't have I didn't want so I played Winnie the Pooh and went "Think, think, think" until I finally decided, "I know, I won't buy it!"

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2698
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:36 PM

More than I should have, but not as much as I would like to have (had I been working this past 9 mths) Stick out tongue

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS